Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Dollfie-Lover43

Senior Prank

Dollfie-Lover43

Alright, I had a great idea for a senior prank at my high school, the prank, would be me bringing my dollfie dream and be with her all the dang time, and tell everyone that she is my emotional support doll girl. Behind closed doors, I'll make it seem like that she could actually talk, then when I'm walking around, I'll hold her in my arms, and continue to say that she is my emotional support girl. It will be great, and I'll make sure she doesn't break at my school.

magique

okay so I am saying this in the nicest way possible but that will be humiliating for you

• Haha 3

Dollfie-Lover43

Okay, so you have any suggestions?

Yukari

As a senior prank, maybe it would make more sense getting others of your class - if not the whole class - to join in in some way, rather than doing something on your own. The more there are in it together, the more fun it will be and the less other people will get the wrong idea about a single person.

Modifying your original idea, you could have your doll around for one day and treat her like a class member or "transfer student" (because she can´t talk and someone would need to "translate") of sorts. She would sit next to you on your desk and share your textbooks - bonus points if you make doll sized versions of your own textbooks and/or have a doll-sized desk that you set up next to your own (American Girl or Battat and the likes make 1/3 scale ones that might do for the one day). Move her when the teacher doesn´t look and have her raise an arm now and again to volunteer answering a question (when the teacher actually calls her up, one of you would have to "repeat" what she says since her voice is so tiny ;)  - of course if you´re tech savvy and have a small speaker that you could place in her head or belly,  someone could even voice her from a few seats away with a small hidden mike.) The point is for everyone to act as if it was the most natural thing in the world for her to be there. A regular classmate that has always been around.

As long as the doll stays by your side and you can have an eye on her, it should be reasonably safe.

But still ... maybe it would be less risky to do the prank with an Our Generation/My Life As girl (they have stuffed fabric bodies so you could easily place the speaker inside) - non-BJD/doll-people are probably more familiar with those, so may have less inhibitions interacting with them as part of the prank; if you don´t want to out yourself as a doll collector, you can say you got her off Craigslist or borrowed from a cousin just for the occasion. And they´re sturdy, so if any jerk gets hold of the doll and thinks they have to treat her as a football to "impress" nobody else, she won´t take as much damage as a Dollfie would. If the worst happens and the doll gets damaged, lost or stolen it would still suck but the loss would be within limits.

BeyondTime

I am many many years removed from high school, but I have to say really don’t think there is a good way to do this. It’s almost certain to open you up to attack by at least a portion of the student body at your school. Even if the larger percentage of students is mature enough to put it into perspective, there will be enough of them with maturity issues for this to end badly. Heck there were teachers in my high school who would have been pricks about this. 

We’ve had a few people talk about their experiences with exposing other adults to their doll hobby, and it’s sometimes resulted in people having to find new friends.  

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

In my day kids took all the desks out of one classroom and piled them up in a tower in the main courtyard, next to a pyramid of rubbish bins - although I think the whole concept of ‘senior prank’ (which we called ‘year 12 muck-up day’) is now banned from our school thanks to the year where someone covered the entire school with shaving cream ‘artwork’ of certain anatomical parts.

Maybe I’m just too old but I’m having a hard time understanding what the ‘prank’ part of this is. It sounds like you really want to involve your doll somehow but I don’t understand why. I would never bring something so expensive to school to begin with. 

• Like 1

cfx
11 minutes ago, Monty said:

Maybe I’m just too old but I’m having a hard time understanding what the ‘prank’ part of this is.

Exactly what I think.

magique

yeah the desk thing sounds like a better prank. Nowadays you have to be careful because schools can be very suspension-happy when it comes to pranks, but that one is nice and nondestructive. I agree that bringing a doll will not end well.

Thespian

Bringing your doll is definitely a bad idea. You could get a bunch of friends and do what my husband did - get a bunch of alarm clocks, set them to go off during various classes, then stash them in the ceiling tiles above your classrooms.

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

Jezrah

My class in high school was a particularly bad one, and we were told that anybody participating in a Senior prank would be suspended. If I recall correctly, I think some of the boys did something like put things on the roof in the middle of the night anyway, but whatever it was was removed before school started. More people participated in Senior skip day. I was rather antisocial with most of my class since they sucked, and I was already considered weird for reading manga in school and being in band. I would certainly have never taken an expensive doll to that place.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

cfx

Maybe it's because I'm really old, or just because I was in a small town, but I've never even heard of such a thing as senior pranks. I do remember some group painting something on a building roof and getting in a lot of trouble for it, but it was, to my knowledge, just an isolated incident. Whatever, I was never the type that would've been a part of any such thing and reading the examples posted here the only thought I have is just "why?"

Monty
1 hour ago, cfx said:

Maybe it's because I'm really old, or just because I was in a small town, but I've never even heard of such a thing as senior pranks. I do remember some group painting something on a building roof and getting in a lot of trouble for it, but it was, to my knowledge, just an isolated incident. Whatever, I was never the type that would've been a part of any such thing and reading the examples posted here the only thought I have is just "why?"

I'm not sure of the exact history of it, and I wasn't even aware it was a thing in other schools, let alone other countries. But the concept behind it seemed to be that kids in year 12 would have a day where they did something ridiculous/outrageous because it was their final day of school before their exams started, so it was a way to blow off steam. (In Australia, the final high school exams are used as a basis for university applications, individual universities dont have their own entrance exams like many other countries, unless thats changed because I havent had to pay attention to this in a long time). I dont think it was technically ever 'allowed' but people would just do silly things that werent entirely disruptive (ie I'm pretty sure all the desks were from a classroom that only the year 12s would have been using). I heard of other people doing stuff like buying a whole load of garden gnomes and leaving them in locations all over the school. It was basically just that year group wanting the school to remember them in a creative way (and as said to blow off steam). But of course, the people who went into vandalism territory ruined it for the rest of us.

edit: so besides not understanding how the doll thing is a prank, its also a bit odd to me cos I associate the practice as a group effort from the entire year group, although it probably differs depending on school/country.

Edited by Monty

UnderOrange

One of the graduating classes before me had a group of kids that spray painted their graduating year on the tallest part of the school building. It was really well done, they must have used a giant stencil or something because the numbers were pristine and nobody was quite sure how they even got up there.

The school responded by refusing to let any of them walk for graduation.

I can't say I recommend any pranks for that reason alone, but convincing people you think a doll is a person does seem like an especially self-destructive and not actually very funny one. What did you hope to gain with it?

cfx
1 hour ago, Monty said:

I'm not sure of the exact history of it, and I wasn't even aware it was a thing in other schools, let alone other countries. But the concept behind it seemed to be that kids in year 12 would have a day where they did something ridiculous/outrageous because it was their final day of school before their exams started, so it was a way to blow off steam. (In Australia, the final high school exams are used as a basis for university applications, individual universities dont have their own entrance exams like many other countries, unless thats changed because I havent had to pay attention to this in a long time). I dont think it was technically ever 'allowed' but people would just do silly things that werent entirely disruptive (ie I'm pretty sure all the desks were from a classroom that only the year 12s would have been using). I heard of other people doing stuff like buying a whole load of garden gnomes and leaving them in locations all over the school. It was basically just that year group wanting the school to remember them in a creative way (and as said to blow off steam). But of course, the people who went into vandalism territory ruined it for the rest of us.

edit: so besides not understanding how the doll thing is a prank, its also a bit odd to me cos I associate the practice as a group effort from the entire year group, although it probably differs depending on school/country.

That makes sense.

Similar in the respect of blowing off steam, I remember now we had a "senior day" or something that was actually a school sanctioned thing where they took everyone to a beach, or something like that. I don't remember details as I remember I didn't go to it for whatever reason. There were maybe three of us that didn't and we just had what amounted to a day-long study hall which I remember was incredibly boring.

Dollfie-Lover43

Alright, I know that bringing my dollfie dream to school isn't the best idea, but I have another great idea for my senior prank, simply cosplaying at my school

CocosContestHall

I brought some of my dolls to school a few times and even took Haruka on a mall shopping field trip for Christmas one year. By all accounts, she loved it. (BTW, Haruka loves field trips.)

Edited by CocosContestHall

Angered-Icon
On 2/27/2020 at 11:08 PM, Dollfie-Lover43 said:

Alright, I know that bringing my dollfie dream to school isn't the best idea, but I have another great idea for my senior prank, simply cosplaying at my school

Does it have to be a prank? Can it just be something fun and zany to do on that day?

Also, Depending on certain characteristics of your physical self, personality, and circle of friends, bringing a doll to school could either be cute and fun ..... or permanently damaging to your image. Only you can make that call, but I would HIGHLY recommend you don't have conversations with your girl in earshot of people. They WILL think you have issues and gossip.

• Like 1