Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

SakuraSylph

Dollfie Dream Stain Prevention & Removal FAQ

foo
I used the lamp because the cream did nothing on it's own.

If the cream's not working it's probably expired :/ It does take a couple days of sitting on it for it to take effect, but if it's not working by itself I don't think using a lamp to accelerate it is a good idea.

When the stuff is fresh it works great. It's frustrating though that the last time I bought the stuff from the Volks Web Site store it was already like 8 months old, but when I was in Japan a few weeks later, the actual Volks stores had fresh ones in stock o( > <)o I think the web store's inventory is selling too slow...

sinclair

That explains it. I found the package and it's got a Nov 2015 date on it, and I bought it in Nov of 16 from Volks USA as soon as it was stocked. That means Volks USA is getting expired stuff from Japan!?!

jadepixel
That explains it. I found the package and it's got a Nov 2015 date on it, and I bought it in Nov of 16 from Volks USA as soon as it was stocked. That means Volks USA is getting expired stuff from Japan!?!

It does seem to be an issue for Volks Int as well. The Dream Rescue cream I bought initially expired within the next 3 months, and didn't seem very effective. I ordered another one later that had a much longer use window, so I guess a newer batch, and it worked a bit better. I was also careful with the new one to seal it very well and store in a couple of zip bags to reduce air exposure.

As for skin texture changes, I did have this happen when I accidentally left the rescue cream on for more than 48 hours. The changes went away after a couple days. Now I'm careful not to leave the cream too long, and to give rest periods of a day or two in between treatments. I wrap the parts in plastic wrap but never use heat/lamp, set up reminders on my phone for when to change treatments, and so far I've had no more issues with texture change/puffyness.

Leona

First time poster here. I've read through the entire thread here, and I have some staining as well. I'm currently using Oxy 10 but with a hair dryer (I don't have a lamp in my office)

So right now, I have just bought this new dress from cheerydoll, and I'm hesitating to wash it, because there are metal links/beads/chains on the dress, and I'm afraid it will corrode. Any advice here for me?

I can't seem to post pictures here to show you....

Meguchi

Anyone tried an electric heating pad as a substitute for heating source? I have a parabox 40 cm body with stain, I'll give an update if it works... hopefully it does

31331.png.dfd4a63f40636b8096732abe211870c7.png

sinclair

I'm not sure I'd want to apply direct heat like that to the girls. It's be more likely to bake or burn the skin.

Meguchi

I'm surprised heating pad actually worked from very dark, to little visibility in marks. I made sure it was on low heat (just a tad warmer to touch). I also wrapped the area saturated in cream with a Glad Press N' Seal wrap so it will not dry, I'm going to keep doing this and hopefully it will completely remove the stain.

31331.png.dfd4a63f40636b8096732abe211870c7.png

davri

Has anybody tried things like Rit's dye fixative on clothes? Does it help, cause stains on its own, or is completely useless?

MegWesley

So, my Miku got her first little stains on the farsides of her pinkies. I'm familiar with the process because of the excellent resources here, but do I have to use a heat lamp? Could I just put her hands in a sunny spot with whatever I decide to use for the treatment?

I won't be doing this for another couple of weeks, so I have some time to decide, so I figured I would ask here.

Home: Hatsune Miku ♡

baldylox
So, my Miku got her first little stains on the farsides of her pinkies. I'm familiar with the process because of the excellent resources here, but do I have to use a heat lamp? Could I just put her hands in a sunny spot with whatever I decide to use for the treatment?

I won't be doing this for another couple of weeks, so I have some time to decide, so I figured I would ask here.

The OXY10 works because heat is what activates it. Whether its a lamp or direct sun, it's the heat, not the light, that makes this process remove stains. So you don't need a specific heat lamp for this, you can use any light source that emits heat. Just don't get it too close to the stained parts.

Personally, I wouldn't want my girls sitting in direct sunlight for prolonged periods because of the UV issues it *could* cause. I'm not saying you'll get any discolorations immediately but the less vinyl and plastic stays in the sun, the better off it is. But since you only have the hands to treat, it's not a huge deal to let them sit in the sunlight. If they do discolor it's easy enuff to buy a new pair of hands.

If you don't have some type of heat source besides sitting her hands in a window in the sun then that's probably your only option. It will work. If you don't use a heat source of some kind tho, then the Oxy10 will still take out stains.... it will just a whole lot longer and not be as effective.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Sayuri

Hi everyone, sorry I don't see if someone post something about my problem before, so I ask here !

My DD Tan have her legs with LOT of stains, du Volks socks (they does'nt stain Melty but my Tan doll yes...)

Anyone try the Dream Rescue on tan skin volks doll ?

kk1030

just wondering if anyone can give me some idea of dream rescue vs oxy10, which one work better and under what condition. I have been using oxy10 and pretty satisfied with its result, just want to know if its worth it to try something new.

wrxgal

Thanks for posting this. As a new vinyl doll owner I am trying to take every step necessary to keep her nice and clean

Serisu

Hey! So I tried searching and couldn't find an answer; will benzoyl peroxide creams damage a doll's faceup? My Akira has a mysterious yellow stain on her cheek that has appeared from unknown sources and I don't want to get her repainted again.

Home;; Akira , DDH01 boy - Finn, Lelouch SMD, Cherry SMD

Layaway;;

Orchid
Hey! So I tried searching and couldn't find an answer; will benzoyl peroxide creams damage a doll's faceup? My Akira has a mysterious yellow stain on her cheek that has appeared from unknown sources and I don't want to get her repainted again.

Hi!

My Millhiore got stained in her face too! >O< If your Akira has the default makeup you could use a more soft product like I did (but the process was way slower).

Here you can read how I removed my Millhie's stains in her face:

https://orchiddolls.com/how-to-remove-stains-from-a-dollfie-dream

Hope it's useful and you can clean your doll's stains >o<

banner_orchid_dolls_web.png

Deathstalker

Hello.

Im new to this whole thing, the site and the dolls... Sorry if this is not the right place for this

...Two weeks ago finally manage to get one Hatsune miku DD. I put the skin tape before dressing her and try to take all the precautions yet it seems i failed really quick to protect her skin

Since having her standing on the table was kinda dangerous, this Monday i place her sit on a box and change the position of the tape on her legs since her boots move down when the knee is bend, everything was fine (i think) but today i notice a dark zone on her leg...

Could it be the skirt touching her leg what cause it? or it is possible that the stain comes from where the boot end was before i change her position? but that would imply that it was stained through the tape what makes no sense to me

Jezrah

Also what color surface is she sitting on? I've had dolls pick up stains from sitting on dark colored furniture.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

sinclair

The thing to remember is it's not a matter of if they get stained, it's when they get stained. Once you can accept that, it won't be so painful when you get a stain. Her skirt has been known to stain for some. And stains can come through the tape and body suits. Just get some Dream Rescue and use it as directed and don't let teh stains keep you from enjoying your girl to the fullest.

Deathstalker

Thanks everyone

I didnt expect stains go through tape... Thats kinda sad

I ordered a bodysuit but USPS lost It... I was thinking on trying to get another one... that isnt safe neither?

Ive seen a lot of great outfits to get but the whole stain thing is kinda scary

Right now she is sit in a pile of white paper so i guess its fine...

Yeah, i guess the first stain its always depressing... I just didnt expect her to get stainned so soon...

I think you are right, when the shock os over It mayo be easier to live with it

I put some tape on the inside of the skirt to try to prevent more stains

ateliervanilla

I wanted to ask if anybody has any good success with deep-seated red stains? I found that they are the hardest and longest to treat compared to other stain colors.

Whenever I treat stains that are shades of red, they don't go away completely...

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

Hachiihoney
On 4/21/2022 at 12:56 AM, ateliervanilla said:

I wanted to ask if anybody has any good success with deep-seated red stains? I found that they are the hardest and longest to treat compared to other stain colors.

Whenever I treat stains that are shades of red, they don't go away completely...

Oh no this gave me anxiety as I have a stain from a red cheongsam that I am treating one of my girl's body for... And I am terrified that it would not go away quickly as it's a rare-ish one piece semi white torso T-T

foo
16 minutes ago, Hachiihoney said:

Oh no this gave me anxiety as I have a stain from a red cheongsam that I am treating one of my girl's body for... And I am terrified that it would not go away quickly as it's a rare-ish one piece semi white torso T-T

Eh don't worry I've had plenty of red stains that I've ignored and they've disappeared by themselves. When I got Melty her original outfit stained from being left on too long (a bit over a week). I had to clean those off and they never left a trace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

luckyk

Where do people find white-lined dark outfits? I know that's what Volks does, but are there any other makers who do?

lunarlemons

I’m currently treating my first serious stain and it makes me feel a bit better knowing I’m not the only one who’s gone through this and has caused them stress. 😕 

I’m doing the heat lamp + acne cream while my Dollfie rescue cream is in the mail. Here’s to hoping it’s not too old when I receive it. 

wish me luck yall I’ve been so sad for my Miku 😭