MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
cfx

Volks News 87

BeyondTime
14 minutes ago, Monty said:

Yumemi

I know nothing about the character beyond the fact that iM@S fans came  unglued when she was revealed as a new character. She’d make a great DD for sure. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx

Kaede was announced way before release too, but I don't know if it was at a Dolpa or something else.

1 hour ago, littlebirdzoom said:

This is just me hoping for any NEW im@s doll... ever... any day now...

July 26, 2020 is the 15th Anniverary of iM@S, and Bamco announced last July they were having various things to celebrate for two years, from July 2019 to July 2021. I've been hoping DD(s) would be part of this. I was a little surprised that the Ranko relelease didn't feature that 15th Anniversary logo anywhere.

So far the only thing really announced is a new PS4 game, Starlit Season, supposed to release this year, though I suspect might be delayed now. There's a website here: https://15th.idolmaster.jp/

17 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I’d love to see them complete the 765 Pro lineup

Azusa and Hibiki in particular are conspicuously missing, but after this many years, and so many other groups and girls I wonder if they'll ever go back to do them. I'd like Ritsuko but I doubt that will ever happen.

I have no idea who's popular though.

10 minutes ago, Monty said:

Miku Reboot rerelease!

@onion9@@onion16@@onion6@

11 minutes ago, Monty said:

as for idolmas i dont even go here but i want to see Anzu or Yumemi as DDs sooo bad;;

Anzu is probably the only thing that might force me to actually have to buy a MDD. Would she have to come with two heads? One that is asleep? :classic_laugh:

cfx
On 4/27/2020 at 8:52 PM, Monty said:
On 4/27/2020 at 10:25 AM, cfx said:

The Doll Point-exclusive stuff is unfortunately not available outside Japan, according to a message at the top of the page for the section when viewed in English, and the rotating banner on the English verison of the site doesn't include that banner unlike the Japanese side.

I guess you can get stuff through a proxy though.

Rats, didn’t realise that. My friend can always get one for me but it would’ve been nice to get it myself. Guess I can just wait for the mini jeans and hope the other stuff I want is still around.

Maybe this isn't true after all as in the other thread @jadepixel was able to order the tan parts. The message about Japan only is still there, but the banner also shows up on the English page now, so maybe they changed or the message is just an error.

I'm not sure if anything is new, but Volks posted a new blog entry about the online Dolpa:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/blog/2020/05/07/002461.html

Also on the Dolpa page:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/event/dolpa43/

On 06/06 @ 17:00, there will be an event on Youtube for Dollfie Dream new item presentation, whatever that may mean exactly. Maybe that was already there but I don't remember it.

Monty

Yeah the new item project thing was announced earlier and I’ve been anticipating it ever since.

It would be...annoying if we actually can get tan parts cos I made an order on Monday and didn’t bother trying to include them ._. Anyway, I guess I’ll soon find out how long or not things take with their temporary DHL for international. 

BeyondTime
10 hours ago, Monty said:

It would be...annoying if we actually can get tan parts cos I made an order on Monday and didn’t bother trying to include them ._. Anyway, I guess I’ll soon find out how long or not things take with their temporary DHL for international. 

The system let me order the heart hands, hopefully they don't send me a cancellation email saying "please don't try that again!" XD

I don't think the banner would be on the English page if it was still Japan only; that was a very conspicuous omission prior to this.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

Heads up for people who still wanted to order the limited DollPoint items - get them ASAP. When DollPoint reopens ‘soon’, the online sale of them will end.

I couldn’t find anywhere where they actually gave a date for the reopening, although the reply on that tweet is wondering the same thing.

cfx

There is now a not-yet-clickable banner on Volks USA indicating that they too will have the online Dolpa dolls for ordering during the same June 6-12 period.

While I expected them to do something, I figured it'd be later as it usually is. Or maybe they're just referring to the international event, who knows. The banner includes Japanese text and appears to be the same as the one on the international site.

Edited by cfx

hats
18 hours ago, cfx said:

There is now a not-yet-clickable banner on Volks USA indicating that they too will have the online Dolpa dolls for ordering during the same June 6-12 period.

While I expected them to do something, I figured it'd be later as it usually is. Or maybe they're just referring to the international event, who knows. The banner includes Japanese text and appears to be the same as the one on the international site.

It’s interesting that Sailor Jupiter isn’t included on the Volks USA banner though. 

cfx
22 minutes ago, hats said:

It’s interesting that Sailor Jupiter isn’t included on the Volks USA banner though.

I didn't pay enough attention to realize she was missing, but indeed. So that suggests that this is indeed a Volks USA version of the event, and that either they won't have Jupiter, or they don't know yet if they'll have her.

hats
5 hours ago, cfx said:

I didn't pay enough attention to realize she was missing, but indeed. So that suggests that this is indeed a Volks USA version of the event, and that either they won't have Jupiter, or they don't know yet if they'll have her.

Which is weird considering they got the first three girls. 

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, hats said:

Which is weird considering they got the first three girls. 

Think someone asked them on FB, and the response was that they are still in negotiations with Japan.

MichelleAK
On 5/24/2020 at 12:43 PM, hats said:

Wow, I just noticed she's not on the new banner. The original banner they posted on Facebook included her. I hope they get it ironed out, as I'd prefer to order from Volks USA than deal with overseas shipping if possible.

BeyondTime
33 minutes ago, MichelleAK said:

Wow, I just noticed she's not on the new banner. The original banner they posted on Facebook included her. I hope they get it ironed out, as I'd prefer to order from Volks USA than deal with overseas shipping if possible.

Volks USA is supposed to get all the Dolpa releases, so I expect they are just trying to work out all the details of her release. Jupiter is probably a bigger deal here in the US than the other dolls in the release, so they may expect a lot more orders to come through for her.

Cecil and Williams have their fans, but Sailor Jupiter is the star of this particular play.

BeyondTime

It looks like Volks USA won't have her. They're referring US customers to the Japan store to purchase her.

Edited by BeyondTime

MichelleAK
27 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

It looks like Volks USA won't have her. They're referring US customers to the Japan store to purchase her.

Yes, I saw their post on Facebook last night. I wonder what the issue was.  Fortunately, I'm already registered with the international store, so it's not a problem to order from there. It just would have been easier to go through the US store.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, MichelleAK said:

Yes, I saw their post on Facebook last night. I wonder what the issue was.  Fortunately, I'm already registered with the international store, so it's not a problem to order from there. It just would have been easier to go through the US store.

This is the first time in a couple of years that they haven’t gotten a Dolpa release. It really makes me scratch my head with Jupiter.

Maybe it’s because of the Covid situation, or the issues with the website. 

Anna-neko

hmm... i wonder if the issue with not having Jupiter just yet is a weird copyright glitch?

Like how sometimes a company just doesn't wanna overseas license this month as they're getting ready for A Thing

So heeeeey, anyone wanna split Sakura?? I just want her pretty clothes!

cfx

Some of this info may not be new but it's hard to keep up with everything.

This blog article talks about about the dokidoki lottery thing:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/blog/2020/06/02/002527.html

So the items you may win are clothing, wig lucky bags, doll-sized Volks News, postcards, etc. I'm unclear on what that SD in the white box is.

On the Dollfie youtube channel, there will be a video put up 06/06 @ 17:00, presumably JST, that's the new Dollfie presentation thing:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/blog/2020/06/01/002526.html

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, cfx said:

I'm unclear on what that SD in the white box is.

I believe it's a Tenshi, but I don't know which specific type. They gave a small number of those away at the LA Dolpa as part of a raffle.

Edit: My bad, the text was right on the page. They are Sei-Tenshi & Rei-Tenshi.

I only saw the smallest type at the Dolpa, and those looked kind of like a cherub. I think historically they were one of the earliest types of doll Volks made, but I am afraid I don't recall all of the details.

Edited by BeyondTime

Anna-neko

sorry... can someone explain the Doki-Doki lottery?

I understand how these would work at real life events, but online? Is anyone who buys something at this Online Dolpa entered automatically, or is there like.. a special page for entering, or you need to spend X amount to be entered or...?

cfx
8 minutes ago, Chise said:

sorry... can someone explain the Doki-Doki lottery?

I understand how these would work at real life events, but online? Is anyone who buys something at this Online Dolpa entered automatically, or is there like.. a special page for entering, or you need to spend X amount to be entered or...?

To the degree I understand the bad machine translation, anyone ordering anything during the online Dolpa 43 event is entered in the Doki-Doki lottery, but you're not guaranteed to win anything. If you win, the item will be included with your order.

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime

I'm simple, I really just want the doll sized Volks News.

• Like 3

cfx
12 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I'm simple, I really just want the doll sized Volks News.

Either that or the doll-sized Dolpa 43 guidebook will do for me.

I hope Volks USA will have the Doki-doki lottery with their version of the event, since due to Volks Japan using DHL for now I'll be ordering from USA. (I'm not getting Jupiter, just some clothing in the later week's event which I assume USA will have.)

Edited by cfx
grammar

BeyondTime

I wonder if Volks USA is going to have a Volks News 87 free shipping campaign.

Edited by BeyondTime