Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Mothiraffe

How to Disassemble a Smart Doll?

Mothiraffe

Specifically the hip joints (again) -- I finally got ahold of a replacement part for my SmD Justice, and I'm pretty sure I can get things apart with a hairdryer and a prayer, but I wanted to touch base with anyone that's assembled them before I go any further! Thanks everyone!

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

moerunamida

I know this is older, but definitely going to need a hairdryer. If possible, put the parts of the doll that need to be taken apart in an empty cardboard box to help retain the heat and just keep warming the vinyl. It's stubborn but you can pull it off the rounded hip sockets <3

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Mothiraffe

Thank you, I bought a hairdryer just for this project. I'm gonna give it my best shot, thank you!

• Like 1

ISO: SmD Crimson Kai, Interstellar Blue Prowess, Resolute (Tea), all the boys | DD Icon Tawny | Obitsu 55cm, 60cm Bodies | instagram: lunaraffe

moerunamida

Good luck! Let me know if you need more help! I'll keep an eye on this post for ya :)

Mothiraffe
3 hours ago, Deyja said:

Good luck! Let me know if you need more help! I'll keep an eye on this post for ya :)

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to give it a go soon and post the results. I'm nervous, but I figure things can't get any worse. xD;

• Like 1

moerunamida
11 hours ago, Mothiraffe said:

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to give it a go soon and post the results. I'm nervous, but I figure things can't get any worse. xD;

You are very welcome! If needed, I can probably try to convince my hubby to help me take a video of sliding the thigh part off. If you are doing it, I recommend having help, one person holding the dryer and the other doing the surgery <3

Mothiraffe

Hey there! I got her together and I loosened the screws in most of her frame, too- she was so tight she could hardly move when I got her! It was a lot of trial and error and some lightly singed hands, but she's all together again and I'll have photos of her soon, too. Thank you so much for encouraging me! I was really unsure about if I could replace her hip joint myself, but now that I've done it, I really appreciate how well they're put together -- and it's so good to have her in one piece again. I really appreciate your help. ^^

• Like 1

moerunamida
10 hours ago, Mothiraffe said:

Hey there! I got her together and I loosened the screws in most of her frame, too- she was so tight she could hardly move when I got her! It was a lot of trial and error and some lightly singed hands, but she's all together again and I'll have photos of her soon, too. Thank you so much for encouraging me! I was really unsure about if I could replace her hip joint myself, but now that I've done it, I really appreciate how well they're put together -- and it's so good to have her in one piece again. I really appreciate your help. ^^

That's awesome to hear! Thanks for letting me know! Glad your girl is all put together again! <3