Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
AnjoRaivando

Heavy Stains on Angel Philia

AnjoRaivando

Hey there! Just wanted to check in and make sure I'm on the right track- I recently acquired an Angel Philia body (MY DREAM!) but it's heavily stained. I just finished the first round of treatment- CVS brand acne cream, 10% benzoyl peroxide.

It doesn't look like it helped much, although I know with heavy staining it will take multiple attempts. The parts in question are the hard vinyl legs, primarily, although I'm also trying to clean the Obitsu head for her and those stains are also being stubborn.

Am I on the right track? Do I just keep treating it for a few days at a time? Out of curiosity, is there anything different about Volks dream rescue, and can it be used on AP parts?

Thanks!

Pit

The cleaning processs takes time as you said. You just need some patience. 

Now, in case you're looking for another method, here in the forum there is a thread talking about how to remove the "yellowing" for plastics in general using 40% hydrogen peroxide or even 10% in water. It's supposed to work with stains too.

With the 40% peroxide, you need to spread the substance with a brush, and then take it outdoors and leave it exposed directly to the sun for 2 - 4 hours. With the 10% water, you need to inmerse the stained part in the substance and repeat the rest of the process. Both 10 and 40% have the same effect but I have heard 10% peroxide is slower and hence takes more time. I wanted to test it myself but my place doesn't have enough direct sunlight so I don't know if this really works with dolls. Hope it does.

Edited by Pit

AnjoRaivando
2 hours ago, Pit said:

The cleaning processs takes time as you said. You just need some patience. 

Now, in case you're looking for another method, here in the forum there is a thread talking about how to remove the "yellowing" for plastics in general using 40% hydrogen peroxide or even 10% in water. It's supposed to work with stains too.

With the 40% peroxide, you need to spread the substance with a brush, and then take it outdoors and leave it exposed directly to the sun for 2 - 4 hours. With the 10% water, you need to inmerse the stained part in the substance and repeat the rest of the process. Both 10 and 40% have the same effect but I have heard 10% peroxide is slower and hence takes more time. I wanted to test it myself but my place doesn't have enough direct sunlight so I don't know if this really works with dolls. Hope it does.

Thank you!