Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Tierparkzone

Tales from the Quarantine

Tierparkzone
On 9/11/2020 at 12:05 PM, ButtonsMcGee said:

Oh no they're so cute!

(Your lighting looks FANTASTIC btw~ It really brings out all of the fun pops of color on each girl.)

Thanks a lot! They are cute after all! @onion24@

I'm actually not too happy with my lighting situation (but this may be a photographer's disease...). Last winter I invested in a decent flash which is doing the heavy lifting for all the pictures you're seeing here, but I still have to rely on some post processing in Gimp to get maximum contrast.

• Like 1

Cazzie_Bliss

These photo stories are so great! Your girls seem like such fun ~ 

I also really like how you edit these <3 

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

Cazzie_Bliss

Awww Chitose is so cute! Let's hope she has a wonderful time with her new flat-mates <3 

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

baldylox

Congrats on your newest girl!  I love the Chitos so it's great to see another joining the forum!  Make sure she gets a nice comfy spot to nap!  😉 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

ShadowXM1

DH: I am your father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's former room mate!

LS: What does that make us?!

DH: Nothing...Absolutely nothing, as you soon will be!

LOL Gotta love Spaceballs and Mel Brooks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

toufufu

so.... did human-san became a vampire from that bite..... o-o;

we will never know....

Boyashiro

Aww, they arevso sweet! I was gonna say Ellie is my fav gal, but then Chitose turned up and stole my heart *___*

ShadowXM1
1 hour ago, Tierparkzone said:

The papercraft tea box by @Patmoose gave me an Idea for another little story:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Um Ellie sweetie, that doesn't exactly solve the problem. ^^;

• Haha 2

Patmoose

Lol! Omg that is so fricking cute! Your stories are really charming <3 I'm gonna have to go through and read all of them.

Glad you like the tea box!

Starwaia

@Tierparkzone I love this! Yours and @K-2's photostories are so entertaining, and the characters are always very fun- I love your girls and I also love how there seems to be a "canon" on this forum re: Kizunas and Chitoses and perhaps eventually others, lol. Makes me feel like I need to someday get a Chitose of my own (my Kizuna tends to get pushed around a lot by Mels and Felis... maybe I should show them these comics and strike some fear into their cold machine hearts lol).

May I ask, what material are you using for the white backdrop in these? I'm still really nervous about staining my girls but your setup looks very clean, while still looking nice and having a lot of versatility from what I can tell. I like the look and would love to set up something like that for my girls so I can feel more comfortable doing elaborate stories with them. Or maybe I should suck it up and get remove-zit already, lol- I just worry a lot! ^^;

Edited by Starwaia
minor grammar/typo fixups

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 4 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Tierparkzone

Thanks for all the nice comments! It's always great to see that people enjoy reading the stories just about as much as I do making them.

1 hour ago, Starwaia said:

@Tierparkzone I love this! Yours and @K-2's photostories are so entertaining, and the characters are always very fun- I love your girls and I also love how there seems to be a "canon" on this forum re: Kizunas and Chitoses and perhaps eventually others, lol. Makes me feel like I need to someday get a Chitose of my own (my Kizuna tends to get pushed around a lot by Mels and Felis... maybe I should show them these comics and strike some fear into their cold machine hearts lol).

I guess @K-2's stories have been inspiration for the personalities of a few dolls on this forum. 😁

Also, both the Kizuna (Classic) and Chitose faces are pretty unique and with so much character, so no wonder lots of people here decided to go for these. The newer (and multiverse) versions just feel much more generic to me. - Still cute tho!

1 hour ago, Starwaia said:

May I ask, what material are you using for the white backdrop in these? I'm still really nervous about staining my girls but your setup looks very clean, while still looking nice and having a lot of versatility from what I can tell. I like the look and would love to set up something like that for my girls so I can feel more comfortable doing elaborate stories with them. Or maybe I should suck it up and have the remove-zit ready, lol- I just worry a lot! ^^;

Ummm... That's just the textured wallpaper that came with the flat. Its actually more off-white (eggshell?) - just as in basically any Japanese home - walls painted in white are rare here for some reason... My setup is literally just a desk in the corner of the room! - Depending on the story, add some props, cardboard boxes and (clean) bedsheets to taste - done!

Nonetheless, your dolls shouldn't get stained from a simple photoshoot. If you have issues with smudges on your dolls afterwards, maybe check the gear you handle. I had a small air blower (for removing dust) made of black rubber, that would leave (invisible) stains on my fingers that then transferred onto the Dolls. After I figured that out, I got one in light grey - no issues since then.

And for occasional stains from clothing or mystery stains, Dream Rescue does the trick (as should Remove-Zit). After you have dealt with a few stains, they are not nearly as scary anymore (as long as they aren't on a painted area).

So if you want to play with your dolls or even tell stories with them, it would be a shame not to. Looking forward to what you come up with.

K-2
17 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

I guess @K-2's stories have been inspiration for the personalities of a few dolls on this forum. 😁

I used some of Danny's personality details from his initial descriptions of the Kizuna and Chitose characters. Those original character concepts have kind of expanded and contracted over time.

MVSig.jpg

baldylox

Oh lordy.  I cannot let my girls know that they might be able to get their own credit cards!  I'd be sunk for sure.  LOL

Billy

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

RoseEtoile

These photostories are all too cute! They made me snort laugh out loud so many times! I gotta make my dollfies some tea and credit cards now haha!