Jump to content

PrettyCranium

Yami Usagi

Baldylox

otakusan

Poofiemus

iomi

Baldylox

archangeli

Juu Yuki

Uriko

Singer Yuna

Baldylox

battrastard

Migon

Salica

Sign in to follow this  
Pit

Clothing for DDdy thighs.

Recommended Posts

Pit
Posted (edited)

I found this topic talking about the measures for clothing for SmD,DD and DDdy.

However, there is a question I have and wasn't able to get the answer. I don't have problem looking for torso clothing from SmD or DD that fit my DDdys, except for: THE HOLY THIGHS. So, as the title says, are there pants or jeans that fit the DDdy thighs? I was looking in some sites but nothing yet.

Edited by Pit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cfx

Dollheart has a pair of denim shorts:

https://dollheart.net/en/20-dddy

Volks has made some SD13B/SDGrB jeans that they say fit DDdy. Mandarake listings, currently sold out:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1132075606&categoryCode=020114&lang=en

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1132075528&categoryCode=020114&lang=en

They make the same claim for the British style suit:

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992423326.html

You can see that suit on @lardroom's 2B here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jezrah

On the cheaper end, I use 18" doll pants and shorts for my DDdy. Obviously the length will be different- full length leggings become below the knee or knee length leggings, and longer Panama style shorts become normal length shorts. Skirts can also work. My DDdy actually has the most extensive separates wardrobe because of this. You just have to be choosy with whether the material looks cheap or not.


32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cfx
4 minutes ago, Pit said:

So, are the SD clothes the best option?

I don't have any personal experience and haven't been able to find pictures of those jeans. That suit in the pics I linked appears to look good, but it being dark blue it's hard to tell really. Maybe @lardroom will see this and can offer comments.

Since Volks says they fit, they'll for sure at least go on the doll. How good they will look is another question entirely. A lot of the SD16 clothing Volks says fits on regular DD looks loose and baggy to me, though perhaps I'm just too picky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jezrah

In my experience a lot of SD16 pants and skirts will go onto a DDdy, but will frequently be loose in the waistband since the DDdy has a smaller waist. On skirts you can sometimes move the snaps to make the fit better, but it depends on the design of the piece. Pants are generally able to be altered when they're loose, but this is usually more difficult. Otherwise, you sometimes have to get creative with tucking extra fabric in the back with a tucked in shirt and things like that to create the illusion of a perfect fit. I don't have too much experience with other companies' clothes on a DDdy, so I can't comment on that.


32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lardroom
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Pit said:

I found this topic talking about the measures for clothing for SmD,DD and DDdy.

However, there is a question I have and wasn't able to get the answer. I don't have problem looking for torso clothing from SmD or DD that fit my DDdys, except for: THE HOLY THIGHS. So, as the title says, are there pants or jeans that fit the DDdy thighs? I was looking in some sites but nothing yet.

You're in luck! These skinny jeans from dolldelights came back in stock and fit DDdy https://www.dolldelights.com/Skinny-Jeans-p93371879

They arrived a few weeks ago, but I'm only now just getting to model them. I'm super happy. Here's Toobs doing a shoot in those same jeans: (they fit great and are stretchhy, I just unbuttoned the jeans because its sexy and I'm emulating a photo shoot).

49911346871_872f0cb245_c.jpg053
by Lardroom, on Flickr

49911347031_f66b296d2b_c.jpg055
by Lardroom, on Flickr

2 hours ago, cfx said:

I don't have any personal experience and haven't been able to find pictures of those jeans. That suit in the pics I linked appears to look good, but it being dark blue it's hard to tell really. Maybe @lardroom will see this and can offer comments.

So, for those pants with the british navy suit, the thighs fit well on a DDdy and the length is actually OK. She looks very modern and stylish. The waist is loose, however and isn't as form fitting as the jeans. Here's a test picture where I upped the exposure by a lot so you can see how the waist is loose. British suits are traditionally cut with a higher natural waist rather than low on the hips. So for this particular set, the SD13B fits well on the length and the thighs. You'll have to do some creative things with the waist though.

025test.jpg.47d5a6236edefdaca5f261d5c669d85f.jpg

2 hours ago, Pit said:

Thanks to both for your recommendations! So, are the SD clothes the best option?

It depends. I've had luck with SD16 sets on 2B, but I've only chosen really tight dresses or just lucked out. The issue with SD16s is that while they fit the bust and hips of a DDdy, SD16s are TALL GIRLS. A DDdy is actually 0.5 cm shorter than a DD.

To be honest, the only reason I'm buying SD16 is that I can take the risk because I'm dead set on getting a SD16 as my first resin doll.

Edited by lardroom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cfx
10 minutes ago, lardroom said:

So, for those pants with the british navy suit, the thighs fit well on a DDdy and the length is actually OK. She looks very modern and stylish. The waist is loose, however and isn't as form fitting as the jeans.

I wanted to add something to this--I'm not completely sure why this is the case, though I have a theory, but this tends to be true for many pants on DD, even ones that are sized to fit only DD and have no SD compatility at all.

An example is the February collection suit:

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992427911.html

It's made only for DDs, but the rear does not follow the waist; you can sort of see this in the back picture there though with the suspenders it's harder to tell. So it's loose in the waist which I found to be a little disappointing.

I suspect that, for material that doesn't stretch like these suits, with the large butt/hips/thighs and thin waists, that it's difficult to make pants that will go on the doll but also be small enough in the waist. The SDB Abyss Black set's pants fit DD pretty well in the waist, but those have a section of elastic in the rear, so that they expand to go over the butt and then shrink back down to fit the waist. I wish the suit pants were made that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jezrah
1 hour ago, cfx said:

I suspect that, for material that doesn't stretch like these suits, with the large butt/hips/thighs and thin waists, that it's difficult to make pants that will go on the doll but also be small enough in the waist.

Yes, this is true, and largely is because most doll pants open at the fly like human pants. I think for super fitted pants without the use of elastic, there should be a false fly on the front, and one side seam could have a hidden zipper. You wouldn't be able to see the zipper once it's closed, and it could open farther than a fly can. It would also prevent the fly gaping that is common when sitting. The only difficulty there is that many hidden zippers still have a human- finger-sized zipper pull, because there just aren't that many zippers specifically manufactured for doll clothes. Still, I think it would be easier to hide a zipper pull than a not so nicely fitted waistband.


32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cfx

Volks has played with that idea. That DD suit from February closes on the side, but it's a snap. I didn't like this because it makes extra bulk on one side so the pants are not quite symmetrical, and it didn't gain anything since the waist is still loose. But maybe it's less loose than if the button was in front? I don't know, I never thought about how the opening might be longer on the side.

I was predisposed to dislike this design because of the other two Volks outfits that I had already experienced it on. I have two designed-for-SD outfits that have the side snaps, or hook/loop on one of them. The problem is, they're adjustable, so there's two snaps at the waist on one, or a second loop for the hook on the other. This is an incredibly lousy way to make pants adjustable! The snaps and loops are about 3/8" apart, so the waistband isn't straight when you use the smaller one and there's the wrinkled up material below. Worse, it pulls the crotch of the pants over to one side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeyondTime
2 hours ago, cfx said:

I wanted to add something to this--I'm not completely sure why this is the case, though I have a theory, but this tends to be true for many pants on DD, even ones that are sized to fit only DD and have no SD compatility at all.

DD need a waist prosthesis. XD


The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cfx
20 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

DD need a waist prosthesis. XD

They need whatever the opposite of a girdle is. :classic_laugh:

Don't some of the Volks kimonos come with something to wrap around the DD waist to bulk it up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pit

@lardroom Your photos help a lot. The british navy suit is fine but it's not the style I'm looking for my Dddy's. About the skinny jeans, definitely Ill be buying a pair when they're available. I'm assuming they're out of stock right now because there is no "add to cart" button. At least I found a cuffed capris that is similar as well, so thats the option for now.

Now, as all of you commented, the waist could be a problem to find good options for pants. I love the curvy form of the waist but yeah, I know this is the great disadvantage. As @Jezrah said, I guess the elastic is the main solution. That, or looking for a pattern specifically for DDdy (or making it). It's possible but i guess it will be shorter in the lenght height than normal pants, so it fits without loosing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lardroom
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Pit said:

@lardroom Your photos help a lot. The british navy suit is fine but it's not the style I'm looking for my Dddy's. About the skinny jeans, definitely Ill be buying a pair when they're available. I'm assuming they're out of stock right now because there is no "add to cart" button. At least I found a cuffed capris that is similar as well, so thats the option for now.

Now, as all of you commented, the waist could be a problem to find good options for pants. I love the curvy form of the waist but yeah, I know this is the great disadvantage. As @Jezrah said, I guess the elastic is the main solution. That, or looking for a pattern specifically for DDdy (or making it). It's possible but i guess it will be shorter in the lenght height than normal pants, so it fits without loosing. 

The Capris won't fit DDdy. I was going to get them but talked with Drew from dolldelights who said they're not stretchy and won't fit.

 

Edit: I completely forgot that I ordered these jeans from Alice's Collection: http://www.acbjd.com/edpg018-p-9503.html?cPath=3_166 and it has a specific DDdy size you can choose. It's actually on the way and I should have them in a week, but I can't vouch or verify that these actually fit DDdy, whether they are any quality, and whether and how bad these things will stain.

I'm hoping as more and more people get 2B there's going to be a greater demand and therefore greater supply of pants and jeans and outfits in general that fit DDdy.

Edited by lardroom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pit

@lardroom thanks for that, I'm contacting dolldelights right now. It's weird capris doesn't fit since the webpage specifies it does. 

Now, about the skinny jeans. Did you order two or i misunderstand? 

Talking about 2b demand, I hope this is a factor to increase the DDdy clothes. It's not THAT HARD to find these clothes but in my searching experience, I have noticed SmD and DD seem to be the standard measures for 1/3 soft vinyl dolls and this overshadows it a little bit. This should be applied to the other lines vollks offers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pit
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Kailyn said:

Oh man ans a new to the hobby reader I am so lost lol. SD13, DDdy, ect what now LOL. I am trying to learn any doll dictionaries out there lol

Welcome! I don't think is tedious. On the contrary, terms and concepts are useful as information, sure, but also it's fun to learn about the things you like. 

Edited by Pit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lardroom
1 minute ago, Pit said:

@lardroom thanks for that, I'm contacting dolldelights right now. It's weird capris doesn't fit since the webpage specifies it does. 

Now, about the skinny jeans. Did you order two or i misunderstand? 

Talking about 2b demand, I hope this is a factor to increase the DDdy clothes. It's not THAT HARD to find these clothes but in my searching experience, I have noticed SmD and DD seem to be the standard measures for 1/3 soft vinyl dolls and this overshadows it a little bit. This should be applied to the other lines vollks offers

 

I ordered two different pairs of jeans for 2B: one from doll delights, which fit great, and another from alice's collection, which has yet to arrive and may be of dubious quality.

If you really want jeans and willing to gamble a bit, you can get the Alice Collection one, since it's slightly cheaper (and goes on sale a lot) and may actually get here from China before doll delights restocks the skinny jeans.

As for the capris, I was under the same impression due to an older version of the website. I only know it doesnt fit because of a discussion with the site operator. I thought the description on the capris was fixed to not be compatible with DDdy. At least, the website version that I have available does not list compatibility with DDdy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kailyn
35 minutes ago, Pit said:

Welcome! I don't think is tedious. On the contrary, terms and concepts are useful as information, sure, but also it's fun to learn things about the things you like. 

I didn't say it was tedious just that I am lost and need a dictionary. Sorry if I wasn't clear. It wasn't my intention at all. I however was totally distracted by a screaming kid and had a ton of spelling issue and it is painful for me to read what I myself wrote. Sorry about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pit

@lardroom I bought this from alicecollections some time ago http://www.acbjd.com/g067-p-273.html?cPath=3_166. It fits a DD perfectly but I can't say the same with a DDdy, I tested it. If I remember correctly, this was the only option that time, or probably, I didn't search enough to find the jeans you have. My mistake aside, I can say the model I have is well made but the only inconvenience is the color staining risk. I say this because when I received the package, the first thing I did was handwashing it to remove the color excess like 10 times in a row before let them dry, and the water ended totally dark blue. I don't know what kind of staining problem I would have had otherwise, but right now one of my girls is wearing it and there is no clue of staining. So, my recommendation is that you do the same before risking your girl. 2b deserves care.

@Kailyn No!No problem at all. In fact it was my mistake for assumming your comment sounded tedious. I apologize for that. Here in the forum are guides that could help you to difference doll lines and sizes. @baldylox had posted some of them and are very useful. Also I suggest you check the volks page to know the differences and frame handling. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lardroom

Here some more pictures of pants/shorts that fit DDdy. The set-up is a bit sloppy, but this is for the benefit of new 2B owners.

 

Here are these pants form Alice Collection: http://www.acbjd.com/edpg018-p-9503.html?cPath=3_166

I washed these things 10 times to get all the dye out (thanks, @Pit). Even then, I only put it on Toobs for 5 minutes before I immediately took it off. I'd wash it another 10 times just to make sure all the dye is removed.

49952586357_fecb69ca47_h.jpg

DDdy_pants1 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49952586292_515767ee7c_h.jpg

DDdy_pants2 by Lardroom, on Flickr

 

These are shorts from dolldelights: https://www.dolldelights.com/Low-Rise-Jean-Shorts-p93371790

Sold out right now, but in the event there's a restock, I can recommend both the shorts and the skinny jeans.

49951795723_d1f55b80b0_h.jpg

DDdy_shorts1 by Lardroom, on Flickr

49951795703_133bdde23e_h.jpg

DDdy_shorts2 by Lardroom, on Flickr

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.