The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Chiakisenpai

Where do you display/keep your dollfies?

Tenukihandcrafts

I try to contain my dolls in my office but someone manages to get downstairs to watch TV.

spacer.png

• Like 3

RuffleChuu

Mine are currently sat on a chest of drawers by my desk! I'm hoping to get one of those ikea glass cabinets one day though!

ChrisFhey

I recently got some stands for my doll(s), so I'm keeping them on my desk for now. Space is starting to be an issue though.

marionbearmaker

I've found a solution for displaying my MDD(s). I wanted something that would fit on my desk, with an easy door, and that could be disassembled for home moving (and that would protect the dolls from our cat, dust and cat hair):

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0918D1H89/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's less easy to build than I thought and the result is a tad bit wobbly but it works. The door has to be taken off completely to open but the magnets make that easy. The MDD sits without problem. The only thing is that you can't put too much weight on the chosen bottom as the plastic stays in the rails a few millimeters up, so it must not be super resilient. With the book on top that stays on the corners, it is very sturdy though, the lamp won't crush the doll :).

desk01resized.jpg

desk03resized.jpg

edit: and yes, we still have last winter's snowflakes on ^^'

Edited by marionbearmaker
  • Like 8

zaada
On 7/3/2021 at 2:59 PM, marionbearmaker said:

I've found a solution for displaying my MDD(s). I wanted something that would fit on my desk, with an easy door, and that could be disassembled for home moving (and that would protect the dolls from our cat, dust and cat hair):

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0918D1H89/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's less easy to build than I thought and the result is a tad bit wobbly but it works. The door has to be taken off completely to open but the magnets make that easy. The MDD sits without problem. The only thing is that you can't put too much weight on the chosen bottom as the plastic stays in the rails a few millimeters up, so it must not be super resilient. With the book on top that stays on the corners, it is very sturdy though, the lamp won't crush the doll :).

desk01resized.jpg

desk03resized.jpg

edit: and yes, we still have last winter's snowflakes on ^^'

I love the minimalist look! and the cable management haha so smart :)

Oculae

I don't have a good picture of the whole cabinet with dolls in it, but I use one of these!

spacer.png

It's a Pulaski Furniture "Dollhouse Curio Cabinet". I found it at my local Goodwill for 30 bucks! I had to buy a new middle shelf for it myself, but it's big enough to have a row of 1/3s standing up in it on each shelf. Problem is, since I bring my dolls out a lot, most of them end up staying on my dresser instead of the cabinet. 😂

• Like 6

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

MoriWitch

I like to keep my girls right next to my desk so I have something pretty to look at while I work. But they also follow me around the house because they are too cute not to have them close!

• Like 1

yin8012

I wish I could place mine on my desk, but my desk is very close to the window so I'm afraid of the effect of direct sunlight on them...so I put them on a bookshelf that's a bit away from my window and try to have them covered for too much light exposure during the day

MoriWitch

I am very lucky to have my desk in a room that doesn't get much direct sunlight but yes all the girls are far from any windows and sunlight!

Dollfie_Owner_SR71

I just have mine in the closet.

Xenokitten

I use the Ikea Billy Bookcases. They are adjustable and come in various colors. I chose white since the dolls are so colorful themselves. I have the dolls kneeling on their knees and in this way I can fit about 4 rows in each bookcase. I have 4 bookcases right now, with room for maybe one more in the future. Each row can hold about 5 standard DD or Smartdoll sized dolls - or potentially about 6 MDD or similar sized smaller dolls. The shelves are arranged also in a way that my Azone Petite Iris Doll(s) can stand up on their magnetic base instead of kneeling down. Across the tops of the shelves I display smaller anime figures like Pico and Pure Neemo by Azone. Right now more than half my shelves are empty with room to grow :).

Video of my doll room (I have since acquired 2 more dolls):

• Like 2

frollywoggy
On 7/1/2020 at 9:36 PM, Cauldroness said:

I realized I never shared my setup here, whoops! Here it is. Many more photos on my Insta!

I have to say I'm jealous! To have an entire room dedicated to dolls... yeah, that's the life. Unfortunately, I don't have that sort of space, so I'm just hoping to find some kind of nice cabinet for my dolls from Ebay or something lol.

• Like 2

"And after the artist has been long gone, turned to dust, the art remains." -Spiritfarer

BeyondTime
On 7/1/2020 at 9:36 PM, Cauldroness said:

I realized I never shared my setup here, whoops! Here it is. Many more photos on my Insta!

This is nicely done. I like how the cabinets all display the dolls in a single row so no one of them is hidden behind another. I’ve always hated having two rows, and not being able to see some of them as a result. I eventually built risers so at least I can see all their heads, but your arrangement is much better. Clearly the benefits of experience.  

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Hiruma
On 10/4/2021 at 5:03 PM, Momomochi said:

I have to say I'm jealous! To have an entire room dedicated to dolls... yeah, that's the life. Unfortunately, I don't have that sort of space, so I'm just hoping to find some kind of nice cabinet for my dolls from Ebay or something lol.

That looks incredible! Much respect for the dedication. Do you have any issues with any of them tipping over? 

Ui-

Okay so I did a rough set up of my dolls unpacked. Still have to put together Emilia v2, who is relaxing in her box next to the display case still, and dress and put together the body of another custom MDD. I just went overboard and bought like 8 MDD outfits… can’t decide what to dress Shiro in lol She’s on the second row of my display case sitting in front of Jibril (both customs), but Shiro is borrowing a body from my other custom. Her own body is unopened behind me.

But here’s where I display my dolls:

I love this display case. I find it to be much prettier looking than the IKEA cases, and it has built in lights that reeeeally make a different in display. I love the mirror behind them, and the dolls below too, so you can see their backs. 1/4 Miku and Snow Miku statues on top lol 

13336D6B-C49F-4099-8EB6-B728C31B79BE.jpeg.08c056d4d60741cdf8187f83053166e8.jpeg

( @BeyondTime There is my vampire Miku in the below pic lol. I was rushing to put this all together so her wig is even more of a mess. I took it out of a box and it fell out of its wig cover. The little blue haired cutie next to Towa. She has vampire teeth 🦷  I have the actual Vampire Miku outfit, but I don’t have a regular Miku doll and don’t want to undress Snow Miku. So the real vampire Miku will have to wait until next year when I can save up for a Miku v2 :) Couple resin dolls in these two pictures but they’re dwarfed in both only size (lol 😆) but amount of actual Dollfies)

4FBC2E55-EC17-4479-8E22-24EA572FEA80.jpeg.13f100de8d0692cc997bba2b6b70cc86.jpeg

And the whole picture roughly:

image.jpg.76cc385cc07d4bce36faa8bddffbfddf.jpg

I love how the display case has lights. The one thing I hate is that it’s JUST too short per shelf for MDDs to stand. 

So I’ve decided I’m going to buy a 1/3 couch and chair and set my Lucia laying on the couch and someone else, probably Beatrice, on the chair, and then move my re:zero big dolls out. I have another display area, with lots of box shaped areas and many of them are tall enough for DDs. I need to build a small table with a tiny tea set to go with that Victorian style chair and couch set that Volks has. Can’t wait for it to arrive. 

Edited by Ui-
  • Like 1

airi

Since I only have one doll, I keep her sitting on a bookshelf but I'm definitely going to have to figure out something else once I move. I'll probably put her (and the ones I'm about to get) on their own bookshelf in my office!

Yumeiro

I must ask (it's driving me crazy) - Does anyone recall a picture someone had of a Miku, displayed in a hexagonal-ish frame, on a wall? I think it was posted on this site, but can't seem to find it anywhere!

Testament

I only remember this Miki Figure on a frame, sorry:

69563b8e1b8ec299b1b2d83885e3a3b2.jpg

Now I'm curious.

Edited by Testament

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

ohnoaiwa

I love all the displays everyone has on here! I feel very inspired for when I make a display for my girls!

I have an old doll wardrobe for 18" dolls (was most likely an old american girl one?) that I plan to fix up one of these days to display them with. in the mean time they hang out on my desk or a shelf until I find room ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yin8012

Love all the sharing here! Unfortuantley I don't have much space so I had to keep them in my closet. Thankfully the top part of my closet is high enough for them to either stand or sit 😅

chef_mai

Those who live with me have a view of dolls that ranges from outright hostile to "they're creepy" at best. I've carved out permanent home for them in a cabinet, and they only come out at night. The cabinet fits two, and that's most likely where I'll stop at. 

Long term, I'll figure out a way to decorate their cabinet space, so it feels like a mini bedroom.

• Like 1

Pawjamas

Right now they're on a dresser.
Usually we keep them stored in their boxes if we go too long without being active in the hobby, though.

We used to have this really nice under the staircase storage closet setup at one of our old places that was just used for dolls. I miss that!

• Like 1

Project

I keep mine on my computer desk, have 3 dollfies and 2 pullips on it right now so there isn't a lot of space left lol.

JJRed
On 5/22/2020 at 10:21 PM, Selenae said:

Since I lack the room for a Detolf, I actually have three of these in varying heights: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOLL-Acrylic-Counter-TOP-Display-Case-7x7x17-5-DOLL-Showcase-revolve-avail/331892012723?hash=item4d464e36b3:g:mrMAAOSwBvNToool

Let me tell you guys, I LOVE these display cases. Yes, they're very expensive, and they take time to be made (around two weeks or so), but the craftsmanship is absolutely outstanding. And perhaps best of all, they come with a key lock that allows them to seal in a completely airtight manner, which is very important to me since I live in an environment that is overloaded with dust and pet hair. There's also plenty of room inside for a doll stand so I can display my crew without worrying about them falling over. 🥰

Can you fit more than one doll in there?

Kunoichi Ribeiro

My bjds, my cloth myths and Miku are half on the shelves in my home office and half on the shelves in my bedroom. All of them protected from dust, sunlight and my pup.