The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Chiakisenpai

Where do you display/keep your dollfies?

TolfyTheWolfy

My 3 dollfies are sitting on top of my dresser along with my Barbie collection

nChoco

I like the IKEA glass cabinets. It just helps keep things cleaner.

SweetTeethz

Currently sharing a space with other people so I keep them in boxes in the closet to make sure there’s no scent on them! 

can’t wait to move and get that ikea glass cabinet out some lights up and let them breathe 

Xiongmao

I move my two girls around the house. They watch the TV in the evening and watch over me when I'm 🛌. I'm sure I'm not the only forum member who does this lol.

In the day they stand in the internal corridor well out of the sun. I don't know if Dollfies are as susceptible to sun damage as my Lego is, but to be honest I'm more worried about moths eating their outfits. For this reason Uzuki will only wear her Smile & Sweets dress for special occasions, as it's kind of irreplaceable.

I didn't use to do this when I just had Towa, but new DDS girl Uzuki is much more poseable and will happily sit without her legs falling off lol.

We might have a third girl coming soon... I might have to rethink their movements then because these girls are heavy and it's quite time consuming moving them all around the house.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

battrastard

Having moved from the Old Belfry,

2022-10-10_10-40-46

without much room to have my Kiddos move around, the New Belfry,

2022-10-10_10-41-20

gives them a better place to hang out. 

2022-10-10_10-41-46

(why there's a sink in my bedroom, I don't have a clue!) 

And, taking a page from Billy, @baldylox I'll bring one or two of them out when I get home to hang out with me until bedtime.. 

2022-10-10_05-34-32

So, for the Kiddos and I, it's a win-win.... right? @onion25@

Rick

Edited by battrastard
  • Like 8

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

kyuo

My dolls are always standing on my desk, next to my monitors so I can look at them and smile @onion24@

• Like 3

ateliervanilla

Not a totally fantastic setup (I couldn't be bothered to arrange anything fancy since my dolls change their looks pretty often)...

I choose two dolls from time to time who stay on the table since I only have two stands. The Smart Doll boy can technically stay there since he has his own stand, but he's quite tall so I only take him out for photos. 

My other dolls are resin so they're not out for display.

PXL_20221012_200813772.MP_2.jpg

PXL_20221012_200846307.jpg

• Like 5

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

Emil

I keep mine in my room, each on different sides of my bed.

My Dollfie Dreams are to the right of my bed sitting on two nightstands 

20221012_162707.jpg

The Super Dollfies are to the left of my bed, sitting on my dresser. 

20221012_162649.jpg

I'm running out of room... Sometimes I set the vinyl girls on top of the record player, but I can't use it when I do that 😔

• Like 6

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Rajke

I keep them locked in a shelf that has a lock. 
@onion34@

Space enough I would say.
spacer.png

• Like 3

@onion20@   This is a signature.

JJRed
6 hours ago, Rajke said:

I keep them locked in a shelf that has a lock. 
@onion34@

Space enough I would say.
spacer.png

Where did you find that case?

Rajke

It’s a case from vitrinemasters. Got both shelf’s secondhand at a local shop. They are made of aluminium. 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

dollbaby

Currently I'm in the process of moving so most of them are packed away in their respective boxes. I have a few out in one of the drawers of my bedroom dresser. When I have the space I hope to get a full display shelving unit. I found this series of youtube videos (more links in the description) on a DIY Display Shelving unit that looks like something I would like to try to build. You can place the shelves at any height so that would be great to display my bigger SD dolls.

Edited by dollbaby

puxlavoix

For the longest time I wanted one of those ikea bookshelves with crystal doors but I play with my dolls too often so I don't think that option would work for us anymore, maybe only as a long term storage option.

Then until just recently they had been siting on drawers around our room like this one for the better part of the last 2 years. Its from Barnes and Noble. Its really heavy, nicely done and just the kind of furniture I always pictured my dolls to be on, ike just PERFECT 👌 

Screenshot_20221024-020459_Gallery.jpg.5f55dda98f02163f26d3f90885eeee7a.jpg

BUT, we recently moved to a new place of our own (in part because my wife bribed me with getting "my own doll room" which totally sold me in tbh lol). The place has several more rooms but they're way smaller so that same white fancy drawer wasn't an option for me to have in the room anymore so right now they're on a floating shelf (and a drawer) which will be property fixed to the wall and actually become two when all is sorted out:

Screenshot_20221024-023304_Gallery.jpg.61b158511ed0d106b0ed70983ba19081.jpg(don't mind the clutter please)

Being a new room and new house didn't want to jump right in and decide everything about my new shiny "doll room" right away, where also is my 86in. tv, my consoles and a desk I specifically got to allow the favorite ones to come join me when I'm "working" on my laptop, playing games or whatever, among some other "man cave" stuff :lol:. But for the last 6 weeks or so they have been living on there and I've come to see it as the best option so just have to get my hands on it, drill the holes and screw everything to the wall.

Edited by puxlavoix
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

uoub

Keeping all these setups in mind for once my collection grows... I only have one uncomplete doll right now, and she sits tucked away on a corner of my desk (without a head, even)

My dream is to have a small table or display case with some DD sized furniture in it like a bed or a table so my dolls have "something to do" ^^ I'd feel bad if they didn't have at least a little chair to sit in haha

black_magicat

all these display ideas are amazing!! I currently have all mine still in boxes and my most recent dollfie dream sitting next to my computer. I would like to display them but I have a dust/pet hair problem and also live in CA and while not common, earthquakes are a concern for them toppling over.  I used to have a resin doll displayed on a shelf and he fell over in a earthquake damaging his faceup.

Anyone know if these display cases can be mounted to a wall with brackets to keep them from toppling over? or any ideas on displays that would help with this problem?

la_

I use Ikea Billy bookshelves with the half glass/half panel doors. The dolls are on the top half of the shelves. I keep all the clothes and accessories in the bottom halves, where the panel part of the doors are. These bookcases can be mounted to the wall, but the doors are free-hanging (no magnets/latches) so I don't think they'd be earthquake-safe unless you added your own latch system. The doors are also not airtight, so dust gets in.

• Like 1

Lina

Earlier this year I made a 1/3rd scale box room diorama. Everyone is currently chilling in there. It won't fit a ton more with furniture though. Still lots of room for floor sitters! It currently expands the entire top of my dresser. It's great.

HyenaSloth

My group lives on the ikea units next to the desk! It's not a perfect display, but it keeps everyone within sight and out of reach of the cats.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao

We've hopefully got 2 new girls arriving next week. I don't know what we're going to do in terms of space. I don't like the idea of just keeping them in boxes though.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Roxanne

I keep my doll family on one of these "ladder shelves". It is not completely ideal as the top girls block the view of the bottom ones with their legs as you can see. I do would love to find a way where I can see every single one of their faces eventually, but for now I'm quite happy with my dolly space despite this.

2t2ZIZr.jpg

There is also always one of my girls in my bedroom on a display stand so I always have a doll keeping me company there as well. I rotate that one out occasionally so that it's always someone different and so that the light getting into my bedroom won't yellow them overtime (in the dolly room the shutters are down 24/7 to keep them from yellowing). Currently it's this girl keeping me company:

jbbNjHe.jpg

• Like 2

My instagram! 

Hazukami

Nines and Y'shtola will be up there since these cabinets (minus one) contain only Square Enix merch/figures; FFXIV, Nier, KH, FFVII, SinoAlice.
The figures outside of the displays will be moved inside a wooden cabinet that has a mirror and that's where I'll be putting Utena and Anthy as well!
(if they fit...) Kinda want to try and make an Utena section, but if not I might make a mahou shoujo section and combine Sailor Moon etc.
And have both Utena and Anthy outside on my computer desk, won't know until I move things around.

For now I adore my Nines and stare at him all the time ; u ; I have literally every figure of his except the small Square Enix brand statuette and he was the last 9S piece of merch I bought and regret nothing! At first I thought I owned too much 9S, but his DD is just too stunning.

Spoiler

image.png.1c041f49b0d21e5a7e659f8e26a0a1df.png

• Like 3

la_

Realizing that I never posted pictures of where I keep the dolls, so this is my Billy display/wardrobe setup. They've been rearranged a bit since I took these pics, but #1 now stores nendo/nendo doll and re-ment stuff, 2 and 3 store clothes and shoes for the big DDs, 4 has the MDD/DDP stuff, and 5 has spare parts (wigs/eyes/hands/busts) and 1/3 and 1/4 scale props. 

Spoiler

PXL_20231022_004844336.jpg.63bec1e6bf9f1e51d4fa9d0b3ca466d5.jpg

• PXL_20220410_183411185.jpg.46036c0667d9be05163d335804d127e1.jpg
  •  
PXL_20230228_112056856.jpg.4470883844aaa89b774910c3238f7886.jpg

• Like 10

MoiBakaDesu
14 hours ago, la_ said:

Realizing that I never posted pictures of where I keep the dolls, so this is my Billy display/wardrobe setup. They've been rearranged a bit since I took these pics, but #1 now stores nendo/nendo doll and re-ment stuff, 2 and 3 store clothes and shoes for the big DDs, 4 has the MDD/DDP stuff, and 5 has spare parts (wigs/eyes/hands/busts) and 1/3 and 1/4 scale props. 

Hide contents

PXL_20231022_004844336.jpg.63bec1e6bf9f1e51d4fa9d0b3ca466d5.jpg

• PXL_20220410_183411185.jpg.46036c0667d9be05163d335804d127e1.jpg
  •  
PXL_20230228_112056856.jpg.4470883844aaa89b774910c3238f7886.jpg

That is such an neat arrangement, I love the little 1/12 compartments underneath the big displays.

• Like 1

Roserolls

My dollfies are all standing on top of a long cubic storage shelf and I keep most of their clothes in the fabric cubes underneath (but lately the clothes are also spreading to a couple of my dresser drawers) I also have my APs chilling on my bookshelf since I don't know where to put them. I need to find a better place to put a couple of my 1/12 girls though. Most of them are on my other bookshelf but I have 3 sitting in front of my makeup bag and jewelry box on top of my dresser, but they keep getting knocked over when I try to get to those 🤦‍♀️

I'm definitely taking some display ideas from this thread...👀

SonataAvalon

I'm currently using an old bookshelf for a display, but I will be building a shelf idea with my dad and it will be for displaying figures, it's not finished yet. 
Wish me luck with it though

• Like 1