The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Ui-

She needs her own topic.... Emilia is finally home!! And look who is here to welcome her...

Ui-

I forgot to take pictures of putting her together. I purchased her from a member here, the clothes and the head, so it didn’t come with the box. But it did have the slip with instructions for the clothes and dang did it need that. Pulling off arms, even had to take her head off to put the skirt on. Haha. She’s using a DD-f3 body not the DD III body she came with originally.

EE354AEB-A861-4F23-A7AF-CA9E89F88F1F.jpeg.317b050ea69f7f2394214aca3a3e6194.jpeg82296B69-C7D0-4F4C-ADA6-13D031F7D51E.jpeg.4c2fe16bc9b2bb4ebb6b61f1a538ba90.jpeg

The trio together at last!

Thank you SO much, @jadepixel.

• Like 8

Singer Yuna

You managed it!! They’re so happy with you, enjoy them!

• Thanks 1

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

Ui-
5 minutes ago, Singer Yuna said:

You managed it!! They’re so happy with you, enjoy them!

Thanks so much. I’m still manic like over a week later. And then when her body and 18 sets of hands came... photographing day today shall be. 

• Like 1

Boyashiro

Congrats! They make an adorable team together~

• Thanks 1

Ui-
5 minutes ago, Boyashiro said:

Congrats! They make an adorable team together~

Yeah I’ve never seen all three together. Thanks so much. I wonder, is there anyone else? @baldylox?

Rynnsdolls

Congrats! they are stunning!

• Thanks 1

baldylox
5 hours ago, Ui- said:

Yeah I’ve never seen all three together. Thanks so much. I wonder, is there anyone else? @baldylox?

I think there may be one or two people here on the forums who own 2 out of the 3 girls but not all 3, altho I might be wrong about that.  The only photos I've seen of all 3 together have been at doll meets or convention meetups.  So it's nice to see one person with all 3 girls from the series together!  :)

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Ui-
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

I think there may be one or two people here on the forums who own 2 out of the 3 girls but not all 3, altho I might be wrong about that.  The only photos I've seen of all 3 together have been at doll meets or convention meetups.  So it's nice to see one person with all 3 girls from the series together!  :)

Billy

Oh wow. If anyone I’d expect you. I know a few who own Rem and Ram, but the only Emilia I've seen was the one I purchased in the marketplace here. I wonder how many they made of her? Seems so few. I barely ever see her. 

thank you. I’m elated to have them too. It’s my favorite anime even. I won big time I think. 

• Like 1

cfx
9 minutes ago, Ui- said:

Oh wow. If anyone I’d expect you. I know a few who own Rem and Ram, but the only Emilia I've seen was the one I purchased in the marketplace here. I wonder how many they made of her? Seems so few. I barely ever see her. 

Wild speculation:

• Based on figures made, Rem/Ram are more popular, and as long as it was between when Volks made Emilia and announed those two, people who might've wanted all three but not really Emilia alone wouldn't have gotten her
  • She's a "weird" sculpt, which is both good and bad for anyone who might be buying to make a custom doll.
  • As usual, Volks official pictures don't show her at her best, and I think she's one of the cases where the actual doll is much prettier than those pictures suggest. Specifically I think the way Volks lights the eyes gives her a kind of blank stare look that she doesn't really have.

My tastes can be weird, but I never liked her until I saw something other than the official pictures. As usual, the Volks store blogs have nicer pictures:

https://www.volks.co.jp/blog_nest/yokohama/2017/08/23/006650.html

baldylox
27 minutes ago, Ui- said:

thank you. I’m elated to have them too. It’s my favorite anime even. I won big time I think. 

Heh, oddly enough, even tho I *LOVE* maids and maid uniforms, I don't own either Rem or Ram.  I liked the anime but didn't really like Emilia's character too much so I never was interested in her doll.  

I agree that both Emilia and Ram were both made in lower numbers than Rem.  Rem was the most popular girl from the show and I'm sure Volks knew that so I bet there were more of her made.  And yes, having all three is quite the stroke of luck!  Congrats on them!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Ui-
13 minutes ago, cfx said:

Wild speculation:

• Based on figures made, Rem/Ram are more popular, and as long as it was between when Volks made Emilia and announed those two, people who might've wanted all three but not really Emilia alone wouldn't have gotten her
  • She's a "weird" sculpt, which is both good and bad for anyone who might be buying to make a custom doll.
  • As usual, Volks official pictures don't show her at her best, and I think she's one of the cases where the actual doll is much prettier than those pictures suggest. Specifically I think the way Volks lights the eyes gives her a kind of blank stare look that she doesn't really have.

My tastes can be weird, but I never liked her until I saw something other than the official pictures. As usual, the Volks store blogs have nicer pictures:

https://www.volks.co.jp/blog_nest/yokohama/2017/08/23/006650.html

Know the funniest bit? They’re custom eyes by @jadepixel. I have the official once too, that came with the set, but these look so much better. 

I’ll be working on Beatrice ASAP after this. She included a free pair of eyes for Beatrice. She said she can live vicariously through me xD Probably best way to save money hahahahaha. 
AA861045-C087-4226-B53A-1C3DA89F2E36.jpeg.0af6032d5f2736edd10e0e9bc1f8ad17.jpeg

Here are her eyes. They’re perfect. 22mm

99B33CC7-E856-45D2-BCBE-A915061ED991.jpeg.9cd81ec58cdb7d121b9909a3014ce6c0.jpeg

Just washed my hands before this. Normally I wear cloth gloves. But these are the custom eyes. Much more alive. I can compare the two if anyone cares. 

Ui-
13 minutes ago, baldylox said:

Heh, oddly enough, even tho I *LOVE* maids and maid uniforms, I don't own either Rem or Ram.  I liked the anime but didn't really like Emilia's character too much so I never was interested in her doll.  

I agree that both Emilia and Ram were both made in lower numbers than Rem.  Rem was the most popular girl from the show and I'm sure Volks knew that so I bet there were more of her made.  And yes, having all three is quite the stroke of luck!  Congrats on them!

Billy

Oh I see. Interesting. Even without Emilia, Rem and Ram weren’t worth it to you? I’d almost think you’d want them all haha. I know I do eesh. 

I love maids too. The fact re:zero is my favorite anime (and book series; you miss arc IV with the anime. Though they’re apparently coming out with it. You learn a LOT more about Emilia) just blow the top off. Not even Snow Sakura and base Miku would make me happier. Miku is my favorite “character,” but a full anime of dolls I love....

eventually I’ll try to get Sakura base and Snow Miku. 

in regards to Emilia and Ram, even shortly after she was for sale, they prices were over $900. With shipping I paid $1004 for Ram, and Rem was only $905. Altogether, Emilia cost me $2200. But it was worth it. I don’t think there will be another one available for below that price. 

Oh and the day after I bought that Ram, the lowest I saw her was $3200-5000. Just crazy what LE dolls cost especially if low production. 

Edited by Ui-
  • Like 1

cfx
1 hour ago, Ui- said:

Know the funniest bit? They’re custom eyes by @jadepixel. I have the official once too, that came with the set, but these look so much better. 

While I do think those eyes make your doll look better, the main issue with the Volks eyes is just how they photograph them. I think the idea is that they want to show off the metallic aspect, but by so doing the eyes always end up looking lighter than they typically do in reality, especially for ones like these that don't have dark pupils. That Volks blog page I linked makes the eyes look fine; it's just the official product pics that tend to be a bit weird.

Ui-
3 minutes ago, cfx said:

While I do think those eyes make your doll look better, the main issue with the Volks eyes is just how they photograph them. I think the idea is that they want to show off the metallic aspect, but by so doing the eyes always end up looking lighter than they typically do in reality, especially for ones like these that don't have dark pupils. That Volks blog page I linked makes the eyes look fine; it's just the official product pics that tend to be a bit weird.

Yeah. That definitely looks better. I just think the custom eyes still look better. I don’t know. Maybe I’ll test both someday.