Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Cauldroness

Alternate Bodies: Night Lolita, Ye Luoli, & More

Tira

I really like some of the Ye Luoli boys, but I feel like shipping right now would cost more than the doll itself.

Kitty Blue
On 2/7/2021 at 12:17 PM, Cauldroness said:

Night Lolita can be found here (you may need a taobao account to shop): https://yeluoli.tmall.com

Here's the inventory of 60cm girls

I don't think Ye Luoli is at danger of being bought out anytime soon. Much like Monster High, the Night Lolita (Ye Luoli) dolls are characters from an animated show that's already in its 8th season: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjZo4FgLe3KT6q5QKwMXLug

Its been a while keep forgetting to get back to this..lol.

Yea I can't view TaoBao AT ALL..let alone start an account..lol. So I can't view any of the links alas is there any work around for viewing stuff on taobao without an account? 

I did find something on bjd.bhiner  can anyone tell me if this is the legit dolls I don't see anything in the description that looks weird just says Ye Luoli  https://bjd.bhiner.com/SellerStore/叶罗丽旗舰店&cd=Y

Edited by Kitty Blue

Epona
On 8/7/2021 at 1:28 PM, Kitty Blue said:

Its been a while keep forgetting to get back to this..lol.

Yea I can't view TaoBao AT ALL..let alone start an account..lol. So I can't view any of the links alas is there any work around for viewing stuff on taobao without an account? 

I did find something on bjd.bhiner  can anyone tell me if this is the legit dolls I don't see anything in the description that looks weird just says Ye Luoli  https://bjd.bhiner.com/SellerStore/叶罗丽旗舰店&cd=Y

A little late but from my understanding is that is indeed the official TaoBao store for Night Lolita/Yelouli dolls :) I was given the same link by a friend who has been eyeing the "Water Prince" doll, lol. I have a secondhand "Ice Princess" doll that should be arriving later this week, and I'd like to get the Water Prince and "Spirit Princess" (that's what her name seems to translate into, anyways, but she's really cute and kind of makes me think of a mix of Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty) for their 60cm dolls eventually, too. 

But yeah Evabjd seems to just be an unscrupulous reseller of dolls. My understanding is that no one (certainly not evabjd, at any rate) has bought Night Lolita, but rather Night Lolita had a hard start due to their dolls being quickly counterfeited, but they've managed to grow a pretty strong audience of Chinese children since then. It seems they have paper dolls, plush dolls, plastic/vinyl surprise figures, a mobile game (possibly like Love Nikki? I'm unsure) and an animated cartoon series, in addition to their pvc/vinyl doll lines!

Evabjd seems to just take their dolls (in addition to other companies) and slaps "Evabjd" on it, sometimes manufacturing and redressing dolls? Whether they sell any legitimate Night Lolita dolls as well, I can't say, but they definitely sell plagiarized "frakendolls" with cheap, modified Night Lolita bodies and vinyl heads plagiarized from bjds.

• Like 1

MaleficentMrsofEvil

Let me just warn y'all, as someone who's late to the vinyl doll world (but who used to buy a lot of stuff on Aliexpress because Mattel dumps a lot of their inventory on there) - I don't know if those dolls are recast or not, but I can guarantee you that the quality is GARBAGE. The dolls are generally made with foul-smelling, cheap, fragile plastic, including the joints (which are often molded as part of the doll). There are atrocious seam lines. The joints have about a 50/50 chance of working (try to loosen them, and your doll is broken). Because the joints are often part of the doll mold, you can't get replacements.

Sometimes, you get bonus dirt (yes, dirt) from the factory/warehouse where they were stored. The skin tones are bizarre - a pink found nowhere else in nature, or a tan that looks like a corpse. Rooted hair has glue head and massive bald spots. Wigs are generally glossy, fake looking, and far too thick to stay on doll heads - they can weigh a good pound (2 kg) EACH.

I always wince when I see someone post a picture of any Aliexpress vinyl/plastic dolls. They are cheap in every sense of the word. I highly recommend avoiding at all costs.

Now - if you want to pick up a discontinued legit Barbie - Annie0518 store has never done me wrong. 

Roserolls

So...I know I probably shouldn't necro old threads, but I didn't want to make a new thread with the same topic, hope you guys don't mind! 💀🧙‍♀️

I recently placed an order for a Ye Luoli from the Taobao shop (you can browse taobao shops without an account by googling the name of the store in Chinese and then adding "world taobao" afterwards, here's a link to the Ye Luoli shop: https://world.taobao.com/dianpu/326627549.htm ). I bought it by just asking Christina from Clover-Singing and emailing her the world taobao link, and the price she offered for it was WAAAAY below what other shopping services like bjd.bhiner were offering (Christina just wanted about $20 more than the doll's price on taobao, and that included shipping and service fees. Other services wanted about $20 more than the doll cost + about $50 in shipping and fees). I just sent the payment so hopefully all will go well, I can post an update when it arrives if you guys would like.

In addition to the dolls based on the characters from the show, they also had a couple more "deluxe" dolls with more elaborate clothes/makeup. One had pink hair and a really beautiful embroidered dress, and the other had grey hair and more customized makeup. I bought the grey haired one because I liked her customized face. Only issue is that her makeup appears different colors on all 3 of my devices that I looked her up on! On my computer her lips/cheeks look reddish peach, on my tablet they look pink, and on my phone they look super orange! I hope she comes out more on the pink/peach/red side, but I guess only time will tell 😬. Please help me manifest non-orange makeup for her lol.

I think it's also worth mentioning that I saw some Ye Luoli dolls being resold on Amazon under the name "Proudoll" and on Ebay as "Evabjd". The price was really jacked up for them though and it also seemed like some of them were re-dressed? But they do look like the legit dolls, not counterfeit, however these resellers seem a bit sketchy for re-naming the doll brand as their own.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has any info about these dolls on ebay:https://www.ebay.com/itm/124582770620?hash=item1d01b637bc:g:dnYAAOSwre9gMIo7 ? I can't find a single name for them, nor any info about whether they are recasts/counterfeit or not. If you search "1/3 pvc bjd" on ebay a ton of them will come up that look like this but with different makeup/styling. I can confirm that they are NOT Dream Fairies, Ye Luoli, or Doris Dolls/UCanaan. I bought one a few years back out of sheer curiosity and I find it strange I can't find anything about them! Her body's joints remind me a lot of a Liv doll, and she has a soft torso like an obitsu...overall very mysterious 🤔. I could try posting photos of her if you guys would like, I'm hoping to find some info about them. I'm a bit worried they'll turn out to be partial recasts/bootlegs like Dream Fairy and UCanaan though...

• Like 1

Roserolls

WOOOO BOY! The doll arrived 2 days ago and I have a hell of an update. This might be off topic since it has to do more with the doll as a whole instead of just the body, but I have to share it somewhere.

So the doll arrived in a super smashed box, the plastic screen even caved in on the doll and her dress' ribbons were falling out of it. This didn't bug me too much, since I don't care about the boxes as long as the doll is okay, but she was not, in fact, okay. The listing for the doll I bought showed custom makeup, which is why I bought it, but the doll came with completely different makeup. The only thing similar was the lip color, and even then, only the bottom lip was really painted.

I didn't unbox her at first, since I assumed that something was wrong and emailed Christina from New Clover Singing about it, but she said the Ye Luoli shop insisted it was the same makeup and there was nothing they would do. So either they're blind or they heavily photo-shopped the photos, which is insane since they up-charged specifically for the custom makeup. I was upset, but I figured I could probably repaint her to make her look like the photos myself, so I unboxed her. This is when things start to get wild.

So, I first discovered that her wig was basically bald in the back. There are very few wefts in it, and you could see the wig cap and strings through it completely. However, this seemed to be intentional, since they added little pockets on the side of the wig cap for her headband to fit in it that stick out of the wig 🤡. There were also a bunch of black marks over her body, despite being wrapped in saran wrap.

I figured I could try changing the look of her eyes and lashes first to see if that improved her appearance, so I took the wig off to find that her head does not open at all, despite the instruction manual very clearly showing a screw off head cap and removable eyes. I was confused but then saw two little screws at the base of her neck and thought, "oh, these must be holding her head on. Like a pullip." So I then tried unscrewing the screws, but one of them was already completely stripped! I had to buy a special screw remover to get it out, only to find that apparently the screws have nothing to do with holding her head on 🤡. I realized the only way to get into her head would be to cut a hole in the back where a head cap WOULD be. So I heated up the exacto knife and cut open her head.

Guess what I found? Her eyes were not held in with glue or puddy like it shows in the manual, but were instead COVERED OVER IN PLASTIC DOMES 💀. Like, the same plastic that the rest of her head was made of. I started to lose it then, but figured since I had already cut open a $75 doll, I might as well go the whole way. I had to cut open the backs of these domes with the exacto knife and flat nose pliers, and then chip away at the edges with scissors and pliers for hours before I could finally remove the stupid eyes. Oh and the neck peck was also completely different from the manual, which showed a simple screw off neck peg. To remove it, you would have to unscrew the 3rd screw THROUGH THE EMPTY EYE SOCKETS. This is so insane.

I was finally able to remove the eyes through this laborious process, but man am I mad lol. I feel like I got scammed hard. I guess at least I can be happy that I bought it through Christina instead of a taobao shopping service and payed way less than I otherwise would have for it. I would have been even more outraged then! I'll still try repainting her to look like the photos now that I got the eyes out, but god is this doll crazy. I was going to name her Eve but I think Lilith is more appropriate now, since she's been such a demon to deal with 👿. I don't know how I'm going to get the top of her head back on though lol.

So um yeah, DON'T BUY A YE LUOLI!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

bananaaether

Oh my god, that's a nightmare!!!!!!! I'm so sorry you had that experience! Like cartoonishly bad, lol!

• Like 2

Roserolls
On 10/18/2022 at 12:13 AM, bananaaether said:

Oh my god, that's a nightmare!!!!!!! I'm so sorry you had that experience! Like cartoonishly bad, lol!

Lol thank you for the condolences! Thankfully, I was able to finally redo her faceup recently (I had to wait through the ENTIRE summer because the weather/temps were bad for using MSC...) and I at least feel better about her now, even if her wig is basically bald 😅

I think she has a newer/special body compared to a second hand ye luoli I got from ebay. The older one has the same body that got recast and used for Doris Dolls and the like. The newer one has prominent ball shaped joints on her shoulders and different hands/joints throughout. The material feels nice at least 😅. I can try to make a comparison between the newer and older bodies and my dollfie dream if anyone is interested in seeing color matching or the joints, however after my previous post I doubt many people will be running to purchase one. Christina from Clover-Singing was super nice and gave me a partial refund and said she wouldn't offer to purchase from the Ye Luoli taobao again since they screwed me over so hard lol. So if anyone is interested in a ye luoli body, I would recommend trying to find a headless one from aliexpress (just make sure it's not one of the super cheap plastic knock-offs) or buying one second hand.

• Like 1

Tira

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with your girl. I ended up getting one of the boy dolls, and he was fine - definitely not the same level of quality as a DD, but about what I expected from the pictures. The stuff about the head not having a cap to it was especially weird, because mine does have one, and the eyes appear to be hot glued in place.

Maybe mine is an older model? It's the same body (and probably head) as in this review, complete with wonky chest joint.