Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

MDD Mochi-Ashi

BeyondTime

It looks like the big reveal is a new MDD body type with shorter legs and a plumper design called MDD Mochi-Ashi.

Release is Summer 2020, and there are new heads planned to match the body.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani

As is often the case when Volks builds something up like this I am pretty underwhelmed. The new body is cute but really not that different. After all, they wanted to ensure they could fit most MDD clothes if possible. Much like Yise, it made me think of Kumako-chan when they first mentioned the larger thighs and legs.

New heads are always nice though. I'm not good with head identification but are some of the ones on the blog new? In particular the one in the pink/yellow/white jacket and the one in the maid outfit look a bit different to me. 

Edited by Beani

BeyondTime

I think it shows a renewed commitment to the MDD line. Awhile back we were debating the lack of MDD limiteds and now they're releasing an update to the body. I wonder what this means for the DDP line as far as clothing goes.

Also, I think shorter plumper legs makes Chibi-Usa a bit more doable.

1 minute ago, cfx said:

Definitely not something for me.

Well, MDD aren't my taste either, but overall they have a lot of fans here.

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Ylse

It's all preparation for Chibi Usa 😂😂

I might consider it, I won a DWC01 head on the yahoo auction that will need a body. But not sure yet how it would look. Also wondering if the price will be around the same of a "normal" MDD body 🤔

cfx
9 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Well, MDD aren't my taste either, but overall they have a lot of fans here.

I know and didn't mean any offense, but to my taste this is far less appealing than the existing MDD body, because it's even more childlike and a plump doll is about as far as possible away from anything I'd want. I really like a few MDDs like @foo's DDH-10 D'Coord (or Dream Choice? I don't remember). I can't ever see myself liking one of these Mochi-Ashi.

9 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I wonder what this means for the DDP line as far as clothing goes.

Probably that they'll continue to ignore it. This body may be even less compatible in sizing, and certainly in style. Volks chose to make Ribbon and Coron about as young as they could make a DDP look, instead of pre-teen or young teen like the Idolmaster pair.

I'll never have Yayoi because there's never going to be anything appropriate for her to wear.

@onion2@

Edited by cfx
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Jezrah

Haha, the video is hilarious.  😆

I'm always up for the variety that a new body type brings. I'm looking forward to seeing comparison pics with the existing MDD body. I wonder if this new body is shorter as well, or only more plump.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Daisy-chan

I'm actually pretty excited about this! It'd be pretty nice to have multiple types of bodies for my future MDD army. The only downside to this is my own indecisiveness. My poor floating head is going to have to wait even longer for a body now while I spend forever pondering over if I should put her on the standard MDD or the Mochi-Ashi. 😅

I guess a new body type also means a new standard model to go along with it. I wonder if we'll get two standards like the DDP or only one like all the others...

Ylse

I think they did mention it is a bit shorter than the normal MDD body? I'm also curious/excited about the new heads. The blog post shows I think 3 new ones(?) and I do think especially the smiling girls are very cute. Maybe they will be new dreamchoice heads, but new standards would also be nice 😃 

CuteOne

I'm so excited for these! I hope that they're standards, Coron and Ribbon are two standards for the DDP body (like @Daisy-chan said) so maybe they'll be bringing them out in pairs from now on? These little ones are definitely going to mess with the order of my "list" of dolls I want to get..time to edit the list I guess. 😅

You know you can turn off signatures if they make you uncomfortable.

📸Instagram📸

Meggiekarp

They're pretty cute! I wonder if they'll keep the Japanese name or if we'll get an English name for them.

Mini Dollfie Dream Chubby?

42bdad38462f9e0e55136363ad50c3e2540275d465b58e2ee287546278681177fbfb1c7dcde945f5da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd8070948bdbe670fb79df22c7754c819f8b53f.png

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, cfx said:

I know and didn't mean any offense

I know, I was just making the point that there are a lot of folks here who will be excited by this. Overall those folks are probably way overdue for some general MDD news, so this will be a big deal. Frankly, I also think with new Icons, an SD17B pre-order, Sailor Jupiter and Sakura, there have been some huge things for DD & SD fans the last few weeks and MDD fans were due some news.

7 hours ago, cfx said:

Probably that they'll continue to ignore it. This body may be even less compatible in sizing, and certainly in style.

There are a lot of questions that come to mind for me. For starters I think the issue for DDP has always been no SD in the same 50 cm scale as DDP. That limits the clothing options for DDP.

Now we have a new MDD that isn't in quite the same scale as MSD, and I really want to see this body added to the Volks base body info page to see just how different they are.

I'm wondering if this announcement could be part of a move to greater differentiate MDD & DDP for future products?

Will we see any more MDD limited dolls? Or will all new limited dolls be either DDP or MDD Mochi-Ashi?

Will MDD Mochi-Ashi find itself out in the cold like DDP in terms of lower body clothing because it doesn't match an existing SD body? Alternatively, this might result in Volks making a new clothing line aimed at DD sizes.

7 hours ago, Ylse said:

It's all preparation for Chibi Usa 😂😂

Now they just need to announce the super tall DD-17B and she can be released with Mamoru.

860151f3a12c73be5c0e6e91cc094be3.jpg

Edited by BeyondTime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

bbotss
1 hour ago, Ylse said:

I think they did mention it is a bit shorter than the normal MDD body? I'm also curious/excited about the new heads. The blog post shows I think 3 new ones(?) and I do think especially the smiling girls are very cute. Maybe they will be new dreamchoice heads, but new standards would also be nice 😃 

The girls shown are all very cute! I really like the shorter legs and plumper body as well. And it would be great to have more body choices. The DDH-01 is one of my favourite sculpts and I can just imagine the variants with MDD, DDP and now this new MDD body 😍

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, bbotss said:

And it would be great to have more body choices

No objections from me there, but new body choices have to include clothing options. Particularly if no other clothing makers are making stuff for this body.

bbotss

@BeyondTime I get what you mean. I am so tempted to get a DDP body for my floating head, but most of the clothes I like seem to be for MDD only. I've also noticed that even though some Volks outfits claim to be able to fit both MDD and DDP, it's more often a miss than hit for DDP. For non-Volks clothing, it seems to take a few years before new bodies become "common" enough to have enough clothing options. I remember when I got my SD16 Kira and it took quite a while before I could find clothing tailored specially for the SD16 body.

Selenae

Oh, noooo. The middle sculpt is right up my alley, and I am in love with the chubby body. This reveal throws a massive wrench in my doll plans. Dammit, Volks!

Edited by Selenae
  • Haha 1

BeyondTime
13 minutes ago, bbotss said:

I remember when I got my SD16 Kira and it took quite a while before I could find clothing tailored specially for the SD16 body.

My worry is that the operative term here is SD. Volks makes a lot of clothing for SD that sort of fits DD, but no true DD sizes outside of Tenshi-no-Koromo. The Tenshi-no-Koromo line has some nice stuff, but in the end it's their Blue & Black Label lines for SD where all the regular clothing styles get introduced.

Edited by BeyondTime

direpoodle

I am super in love with this new body!! Tbh I didn't really consider getting an MDD before, specifically because I wasn't crazy about the bodies, but I love how adorable and child-like these girls are. I am definitely going to have to plan to get one now, because I absolutely love them!! 

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Oh this is interesting. I'm just speculating, but this seems to be Volks' answer to the trend of anime dolls with thick lower bodies that's been around for a while now.

It also slightly reminds me of DearSD; they're entirely different (DearSD have SD heads and the torsos are about as thick as an SD as well, just baby-like legs/ arms and a shorter torso to give the impression of vintage bisque and composition dolls like Jumeau) but just the idea of a shorter doll with chubby legs gives a similar vibe imo. 

Personally not my thing, I'm not a huge fan of MDD in the first place and prefer DDP but I'm glad this is giving people hope that MDD will get more attention in the future!

Edited by Serena-Hime

Juxtaposition

I think they're cute--both the bodies and the faces! 😊 I didn't have plans to get any other MDDs besides Arle, but if a Mochi-Ashi doll calls to me, maybe Arle will have an MDD friend someday. 😉

Conuresans

Well, I was debating a 10. 

I'll definitely be waiting a little bit as MDDs were lower on the priorities list (Mainly because it'd be for variety and it's not limited). Really hoping that new sculpt is going standard as well as of the sculpts I'd pick, she'd top the list currently as I absolutely love how soft her face looks 🥰 Also glad MDDs are getting a little more attention as like mentioned, for a while it definitely did feel like they abandoned the line in terms of what was available?  

Though, I suppose her and a 10 together would be a cute duo?

Home: Melt (DDH-09), Kano (Iris Collect), Kirika, Y'Shtola, Suzune (Iris Collect Petite)

Cinnamoron

Instant love!  I can’t wait to see what standards we get with this body; it’s so cute!  I’ve been hoping Volks would make a body with cute chubby legs for a while (it’s what I was hoping for when DDP was teased and we were only shown the f3 frame).  These girls are on my wishlist now, for sure! 

foo

That video was glorious. They could have done a straightforward product reveal but they took the time to have fun and be creative about it.

• Like 2

sunlightandtea

Oh no.... they're too cute! I would love to get one of these girls but it'll have to wait a while. <3 I can't wait to see other people's mochi-ashi girls!