Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

geminirose

newbie here!

geminirose

hi, 

i'm gem, and last year i impulsively bought a second-hand dollfie dream on mandarake. i have no idea what i want to do with her whatsoever, so i'm hoping that browsing this site will help me make a decision as to whether to keep her and customize her, or resell her and maybe look into getting a different kind of vinyl doll. 

sorry for the lacklustre introduction. i swear i really like these dolls, i'm just experiencing a bit of buyers remorse about an irresponsible impulse purchase. 

• Like 4

moerunamida

Hi, welcome <3 I hope you get plenty of ideas to help you decide!

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Gallye

Ha! I did that exact same thing and turned up here for the same reason. Mandarake is the devil. 😅

Welcome!

• Like 1

geminirose
On 6/27/2020 at 3:26 AM, Gallye said:

Ha! I did that exact same thing and turned up here for the same reason. Mandarake is the devil. 😅

Welcome!

It really is!! So many dolls... so little money!!! 😭

Chihaya

You can find a way for her to work for you! Dollfie Dream is the best vinyl doll. Customize her and take your time looking for your second doll to ensure she is a big hit.

• Like 1

Dollfie Dreamer, Minion of GEOTUS, idolm@ster

Devonian

Welcome!

Dollfie Dreams are so versatile, there's a good chance that you'll manage to customise her to your liking. It's amazing the difference just styling your doll can do. Hope you have fun.

• Like 1

Oliver

Hello welcome!

Ive bought many dolls on impulse lol... alot i dont own anymore. 

You could always use an avatar maker for inspiration?

I personally use Recolor.me, Alot of cute options.

• Like 1

dark_dollies

Hi and welcome! Mandarake makes it so easy (and DHL is the fastest shipping I've ever experienced). Hope to hear more about your DD! As others mentioned different wigs and eyes can really change the look of a doll if you aren't feeling her/him. I always try to find the doll's sculpt on Instagram to see how others customize and get ideas, it's fun to see all the different looks.

Enjoy your time here!

• Like 1

Rumi

Welcome! Like many others i also impulse buy ^.^'' especially wigs lol. I hope you will post pictures of your DD!

Turta

Take your time searching inspirations, there is no shame of thinking things through, like others said, even if you end up seling the doll forward, it might teach you what you look in a doll. Styling makes a HUGE difference, so looking into other peoples dolls, and using an avatar maker (as was suggested above) are very good ideas. Also pinterest and instagram are full of more cute doll pics, when you have seen all the pics here:D

(Wishing to see pics too)

pandy

Welcome! I know that feeling with mandarake all too well. What sculpt is she? I love DDs , I started neglecting my bjds because i just find them so versatile and easier to put tigether and deal with lol. 

I tend to want to make fantasy dolls personally. Are there any favorite animes or characters that you like that could serve as inspiration? 

blossom

Welcome~!
i am indeed an impulsive buyer too so i can understand how you ended up buying a DD from mandarake! I almost did that too with my first doll 😹

𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 ꒰ 𝒾𝒸𝒽𝒾𝑔𝑜 𝕄𝔻𝔻 ༘♡༉ ꒱

𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣   ꒰ 𝒜𝓇𝓊𝓇𝓊 𝔻𝔻ℙ ꒱

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚