Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Selenae

TinyFox Dolls!

monkeypizzasonic
15 hours ago, StormyWeather said:

Same here. Especially with dolls that are supposed to be kids, the 'slim thicc' body shape is. uh. a little off putting.

Still, the TF chubby isn't super dramatic. if deff seen WAY more dramatic bust to hips ratios.

It also makes it really annoying to find clothes when the tops and bottoms have to be from completely different size categories of dolls to fit properly. At least the Tinyfox 1/6 version can still fit yo-sd clothes alright.

(A lot of indie BJD makers are going with this shape lately and it's very annoying beccause the dolls are really cute otherwise I just really don't like that style.)

pyoko

Is anyone ordering the new 1/6 bunny girl from newcloversinging? 

I am really tempted but it seems strange NCS sells her Fullset* for 30usd cheaper than the tinyfox homepage itself. 🤔 (*though she does not call it a Fullset?) 

She also offers pink skin, which isn't offered on the tinyfox homepage. 🤨

Edited by pyoko

Oculae

The Tinyfox international site is known to inflate its prices quite a bit. NCS orders the dolls directly from their Taobao instead, from my understanding, which is much cheaper, and then adds her own markup, which just happens to be less than TF's.

The pink skin I'm not sure of, but considering NCS is also known for offering Taobao-only dolls, I wouldn't be surprised if that tone is an option on TF's Taobao.

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

pyoko
28 minutes ago, Oculae said:

The Tinyfox international site is known to inflate its prices quite a bit. NCS orders the dolls directly from their Taobao instead, from my understanding, which is much cheaper, and then adds her own markup, which just happens to be less than TF's.

The pink skin I'm not sure of, but considering NCS is also known for offering Taobao-only dolls, I wouldn't be surprised if that tone is an option on TF's Taobao.

That's good to know, thank you so much for the insight. 

myownlittleworld

Hi Guys! I made a new outfit for the 1/6 Girls. Here’s a couple of pics. My custom head on a Dollzone resin girl body is modeling. 

E27CAA2D-DB71-4DAF-9C87-FD23858B2273.jpeg

50852036-A62F-491C-A8A9-910B6F1F2666.jpeg

• Like 7

Keoka

@myownlittleworld that outfit is amazing!! I also have those same cats but different colors that I bought for doll pics.  I especially love the headband. 🎀

• Like 1

myownlittleworld
11 hours ago, Keoka said:

@myownlittleworld that outfit is amazing!! I also have those same cats but different colors that I bought for doll pics.  I especially love the headband. 🎀

Thanks so much! I have more outfits planned that are similar but wanted to gauge interest by making the one first. The cats are so cute. Facebook AI bot found them for me and stuck an ad in my face. Lol 

• Like 1

Veravey
On 6/29/2022 at 6:54 PM, myownlittleworld said:

Hi Guys! I made a new outfit for the 1/6 Girls. Here’s a couple of pics. My custom head on a Dollzone resin girl body is modeling. 

I adore her! She's giving me Madoka vibes with the patchwork, stripe, and high-contrast colour scheme.

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

xmintpie
On 6/29/2022 at 1:33 PM, pyoko said:

I am really tempted but it seems strange NCS sells her Fullset* for 30usd cheaper than the tinyfox homepage itself. 🤔 (*though she does not call it a Fullset?) 

I placed an order for the full set bunny girl through ncs, mainly for the price lol! It's my first time ordering a tiny fox doll and ordering from ncs so I hope it goes well! I didn't notice the pink skin option until after I placed my order, and now I sorta wish I got the pink skin instead if that's an actual option, oh well lol

• Like 1

Instagram: xmintpie

Misuka

Frog arrived. The doll is very well made, easily comparable to Azone in quality, so the price is excellent. I love the 'coating' spray, it keeps the socks from falling and obviously will protect the doll over a long term of play. I would feel confident handing this doll to a more mature child for example.

The only gripe I have is the wig. The cutting is very uneven and it is obvious it is kind of thin on material. Is it better than no wig? Sure, it's a doll out of a box, but I am going to replace it.

However at this price point, A grade doll. Would recommend easily and will be back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Veravey
3 hours ago, xmintpie said:

I didn't notice the pink skin option until after I placed my order, and now I sorta wish I got the pink skin instead if that's an actual option

I don't think TF has skin options presently. Christina has had mix-ups with skin options on her website in the past so I think the tone it's likely just the standard white that they offer currently.

I typically use the TF international site and JDL to verify the skin tone, but order from NCS for the price and free shipping. Candy is listed as white as far as I saw.

On 6/29/2022 at 11:33 AM, pyoko said:

I am really tempted but it seems strange NCS sells her Fullset* for 30usd cheaper than the tinyfox homepage itself.

NCS typically always has slightly lower prices than JDL and AC, plus free shipping to most countries.

AC also has free shipping but I've noticed is a bit slower to ship out most of the time.

JDL caters to Americans (i.e. they charge shipping to Canada and other countries) and claim to operate out of the US but somehow all the email responses I've gotten from them have arrived during Asian daytime hours. I guess it's possible she's a night owl like me and likes to respond around 3am. ;))

And like @Oculae said, the TF international site is by far the most expensive. It's a scam how much they charge for shipping.

Edited by Veravey
  • Thanks 1

Veravey
3 hours ago, Misuka said:

The only gripe I have is the wig. The cutting is very uneven and it is obvious it is kind of thin on material.

They had some issues with the fox wig and posted about it on Weibo when the girls first started delivering in China. I wonder if frog's wig is from the same supplier, and maybe they've changed suppliers?

Poofiemus
On 6/30/2022 at 7:46 AM, myownlittleworld said:

Thanks so much! I have more outfits planned that are similar but wanted to gauge interest by making the one first. The cats are so cute. Facebook AI bot found them for me and stuck an ad in my face. Lol 

Gauge interest? Correct me if i"m wrong but that sounds like you're considering selling these outfits? Because it is CUTE, and I can totally picture my Koyo in something like that--especially in earth tones or soft greens lol. 

Yeah it seems like Tinyfox wig quality is kinda meh. The Fox fairy default wig is far from the best wig I've ever had. . . though it's also far from the worst, either. I've somehow wound up with some CRAP doll wigs over the years so that bar's been set pretty low now lol. I do think the Fox default wig is at least usable, but I did recently order her a long ginger one I'm hoping will lay better. I also really REALLY need to get this girl a silicone wig cap because her lil' noggin has NO gription lol

I'm considering painting my fox fairy's eyebrows a little darker? I dunno if anyone else feels like their fox's brows are too pale but I kinda do. Just trying to decide if I want to use watercolor pencil or leap to acrylic. 

• Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

myownlittleworld
1 hour ago, Poofiemus said:

Gauge interest? Correct me if i"m wrong but that sounds like you're considering selling these outfits? Because it is CUTE, and I can totally picture my Koyo in something like that--especially in earth tones or soft greens lol. 

Yeah it seems like Tinyfox wig quality is kinda meh. The Fox fairy default wig is far from the best wig I've ever had. . . though it's also far from the worst, either. I've somehow wound up with some CRAP doll wigs over the years so that bar's been set pretty low now lol. I do think the Fox default wig is at least usable, but I did recently order her a long ginger one I'm hoping will lay better. I also really REALLY need to get this girl a silicone wig cap because her lil' noggin has NO gription lol

I'm considering painting my fox fairy's eyebrows a little darker? I dunno if anyone else feels like their fox's brows are too pale but I kinda do. Just trying to decide if I want to use watercolor pencil or leap to acrylic. 

Oh, yes, it’s for sale on my Facebook and Instagram. I am MyOwnLittleWorld BJD on both. I have a ton of Japanese fabrics if you want something custom made. You can always message me. 

I still love Leekeworld wigs. Still my go to wig company. I love that every style is available in multiple sizes. I love some of the Dollce and Penguin Workshop wigs but they are not available in smaller sizes. Leekeworld ships pretty quickly too. Denver Doll Emporium also has a pretty good selection in stock here in the USA. 

Oculae
4 hours ago, Veravey said:

I don't think TF has skin options presently.

I remember seeing either Jane's or NCS post about the new 1/6 body being available in Pink on Insta, so...it's possible a whole doll's available in that tone! At least worth emailing NCS about it and seeing if the listing is accurate. 😁

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

myownlittleworld
18 hours ago, Veravey said:

I adore her! She's giving me Madoka vibes with the patchwork, stripe, and high-contrast colour scheme.

Oh??? I’d love to see a pic! I am only partially familiar with Madoka, like the pink and white outfit. 

Veravey
42 minutes ago, myownlittleworld said:

Oh??? I’d love to see a pic! I am only partially familiar with Madoka, like the pink and white outfit. 

It's not so much Madoka herself, it's the whole aesthetic of the show. Plus, your cutie's face slightly reminds me of the character design style the series uses (slightly wider faces, smaller eyes, round chins.)

The creators visually present the characters' internal turmoil and struggles through hallucination-like environments and scenes. They're different for each person or fight or place. But they're all very striking in their own way.

It's also just something that Shaft does, the studio who animated the original season and movie. They use very strong styles for every show they do. Another good example is the Monogatari franchise.

It's an incredible show, one of the mose binge-worthy shows out there across any type of media tbh.

(Ps I don't feel these spoil anything but if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.)

madokamovies-29.jpg.362c3099baa3f318caac1a0bfb44f356.jpg

puella-magi-madoka-magica-movie-3-rebellion-03.jpg.b1aadf44cd7569893976d7be9c4c7497.jpg

tumblr_inline_npi29cD9IQ1raccls_1280.png.7a22208f80878e504b9e649a3bd5f26a.png

• Like 2

myownlittleworld
2 hours ago, Veravey said:

It's not so much Madoka herself, it's the whole aesthetic of the show. Plus, your cutie's face slightly reminds me of the character design style the series uses (slightly wider faces, smaller eyes, round chins.)

The creators visually present the characters' internal turmoil and struggles through hallucination-like environments and scenes. They're different for each person or fight or place. But they're all very striking in their own way.

It's also just something that Shaft does, the studio who animated the original season and movie. They use very strong styles for every show they do. Another good example is the Monogatari franchise.

It's an incredible show, one of the mose binge-worthy shows out there across any type of media tbh.

(Ps I don't feel these spoil anything but if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.)

madokamovies-29.jpg.362c3099baa3f318caac1a0bfb44f356.jpg

puella-magi-madoka-magica-movie-3-rebellion-03.jpg.b1aadf44cd7569893976d7be9c4c7497.jpg

tumblr_inline_npi29cD9IQ1raccls_1280.png.7a22208f80878e504b9e649a3bd5f26a.png

I see what you mean about the backgrounds! I found the fabrics in the outfit and bought a set that had different colors but same prints. I loved the black/white checker board in the prints 

• Like 1

pyoko
22 hours ago, Veravey said:

I don't think TF has skin options presently. Christina has had mix-ups with skin options on her website in the past so I think the tone it's likely just the standard white that they offer currently.

I typically use the TF international site and JDL to verify the skin tone, but order from NCS for the price and free shipping. Candy is listed as white as far as I saw.

NCS typically always has slightly lower prices than JDL and AC, plus free shipping to most countries.

AC also has free shipping but I've noticed is a bit slower to ship out most of the time.

JDL caters to Americans (i.e. they charge shipping to Canada and other countries) and claim to operate out of the US but somehow all the email responses I've gotten from them have arrived during Asian daytime hours. I guess it's possible she's a night owl like me and likes to respond around 3am. ;))

And like @Oculae said, the TF international site is by far the most expensive. It's a scam how much they charge for shipping.

Yes, I wonder if ncs just mixed up the skin tones. Though listing white and pink skin when tinyfox always had only white skin Fullset would be very uncareful of her. 

It seems she does not really like my emails anymore, elsewise I would ask.

(I am waiting for over 48hours know for my payment confirmation (I wrote her I paid) . And before that I did wait 4 days without answer to a question..) 

But she is pretty much the only option for EU people I guess. Acbjd doesn't have tinyfox. Janesdollland from USA would be super expensive. And tinyfox themselves probably even more. 

Manaphyyy

Howdy! I'm considering hybriding a Dollfie head onto the chubby 1/4th TF body. Does anyone have a semi-white DD and a white TF to compare skin tones?

Veravey
45 minutes ago, Manaphyyy said:

Howdy! I'm considering hybriding a Dollfie head onto the chubby 1/4th TF body. Does anyone have a semi-white DD and a white TF to compare skin tones?

Chihaya on the left is a flesh DDdy, Tsurumi is a TF Koimi in white, and Kaede on the right is a semi-white DDS (I've just gotten her and she doesn't have an outfit yet, apologies.) ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

DSCF0928.JPG.58cf8e9c50ac819ad9f692201edd4e6d.JPG

DSCF0929.JPG.d961eeb0775c3738db27c3cd19164c2f.JPG

DSCF0930.JPG.d4116b9de795fb45f75cffc4295bbbe3.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Manaphyyy
7 minutes ago, Veravey said:

Chihaya on the left is a flesh DDdy, Tsurumi is a TF Koimi in white, and Kaede on the right is a semi-white DDS (I've just gotten her and she doesn't have an outfit yet, apologies.) ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

DSCF0928.JPG.58cf8e9c50ac819ad9f692201edd4e6d.JPG

DSCF0929.JPG.d961eeb0775c3738db27c3cd19164c2f.JPG

DSCF0930.JPG.d4116b9de795fb45f75cffc4295bbbe3.JPG

Thank you so much! It seems semi-white is somewhat more peachy (which makes sense). I might attempt it anyway, since the body fits the image i have for the head way more, but I might also get a backup TF head in case it's too much trouble 😅

Veravey
10 minutes ago, Manaphyyy said:

Thank you so much! It seems semi-white is somewhat more peachy (which makes sense).

Right, she's visablly whiter when you look out for it. But I wouldn't say it's drastically notiacble at a glance. 

• Like 1

Puniko
On 6/29/2022 at 6:33 PM, pyoko said:

Hi, i ordered her through taobao agent and yes, there is an option for pink skin in taobao. Also, this is the first time they offer non-fullset version as standard, you have an option to add clothes. I ordered her in pink skin without clothes, will see how it turns out :)

pyoko
13 hours ago, Puniko said:

Hi, i ordered her through taobao agent and yes, there is an option for pink skin in taobao. Also, this is the first time they offer non-fullset version as standard, you have an option to add clothes. I ordered her in pink skin without clothes, will see how it turns out :)

Good to know pink skin is an option on taobao. Thank you for telling me 

I ordered her in pink skin with the clothes :)