Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

VOLKS USA Summer Festival 2020

OccultBeast

D_top_SummerFes2020.png.82fd2cb33247a60156d99316c0bb93ee.png

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=1863

DD "Megurine Luka"
DDS "Yuriko Nanao"
DD "Matoi"
DDS "Saber/Altria Pendragon"
DD "Ruler/Jeanne d'Arc"
DD "Rider/Altria Pendragon [Santa Alter]"
DD "Asuna: Titania Ver."
DDS "Akira 2nd Version"

Senbonzakura Outfit Sets (Miku, Rin, & Len)
"My First Star" Outfit Sets (Cute, Cool, Passion)
Check MY Note (Makoto) Outfit Set
The Wild Strawberry (Makoto) Outfit Set
Training Jacket Set for Saber
Swimsuit Set for Saber Alter

Hatsune Miku Carrying Case
Hatsune Miku Option Hands Large Ver. (Basic, Paper, Fist)

Really surprised to see Luka here!  The Senbonzakura outfits for Miku, Len, & Rin, plus Miku's hands (Large Vers) too!  It looks like the Hatsune Miku carry bag is at a discount now, also.  Rip my wallet for buying it full price...!  It says all items are in stock and ready to ship.
I was already going to grab blank hands for my Miku, but I might just snatch some of the pre-painted ones if they're still available!

Edited by OccultBeast
added more info!
  • Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

Kinda disappointed they have Makoto outfits but not Makoto. She's super cute and I'd be tempted to go after her if I don't end up winning the Icon lottery.

Tira

My boyfriend just bought a Miku from Mandarake, and it seems like it was the right choice, since it doesn’t look like they have her. He’s totally excited about the bag.

OccultBeast
7 minutes ago, Tira said:

My boyfriend just bought a Miku from Mandarake, and it seems like it was the right choice, since it doesn’t look like they have her. He’s totally excited about the bag.

That's where I got mine as well!  I feel like it's the only option for getting one for a reasonable price anymore, as it's easy to find listings on other places for over $1k for her.  The bag is a STEAL though at that price!  If you buy it and a pair of the hands, it's like you're getting the hands for free, since the bag normally is $110.  It's a really beautiful bag, too.  Totally worth it.

BeyondTime
49 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

She's super cute and I'd be tempted to go after her if I don't end up winning the Icon lottery.

Makoto was my third DD, and is my personal favorite. She's very cute and very versatile.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tokimemofan

Looks like my wallet is safe, might have to get the Miku case though, I’ll need one before the next meetup whenever that happens 

Juxtaposition

I thought the bag was cheaper this time! I'm still on the fence about it, but it's tempting!

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, Juxtaposition said:

I thought the bag was cheaper this time! I'm still on the fence about it, but it's tempting!

It's definitely worth it if you've got the cash!  It's a beautiful bag and has more than enough space for a few DDs if you have a couple to carry around ever.  I have mine hanging in my office because it's just so nice to look at.

I honestly don't expect to take Miku out very often, but I personally don't regret buying it, because it does also go great with my collection of Miku merch... (〃 ̄ω ̄〃)ゞ

• Like 1

marishade

Ruler! Such a pretty doll, fortunately I already put in a lottery entry for a Dollfie Icon so I can not afford to toss out another thousand dollars. . . . I am safe for this event!

sunlightandtea

Titania Asuna is so tempting for me. I hated the fairy dance arc but the doll has such a sweet face. 💖 Plus I could make Undine Asuna.... hmm...

Gabriel

I'm disappointed that Ranko is MIA from this event.  Have I simply missed out on her?  Or will she appear again in an event at the end of the year?

If I knew for sure that Ranko would not be offered again, I might go ahead and get Ruler.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

I might go ahead and get Ruler.

Ruler is pretty awesome. I might suggest checking the aftermarket prices for Ranko V2 vs. Ruler and see where you save the most money.

I think Alphond has some pictures of Ruler on their Twitter, but you'll need to scroll a bit to find them.

https://twitter.com/Alphond

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Selenae

Ah, there's nothing here I want, so my wallet is safe. Am I the only one who is scratching their head at the fact that Volks is re-releasing dolls that are on the older and now discontinued body, though?

Edited by Selenae

SakuraRose
38 minutes ago, Selenae said:

Ah, there's nothing here I want, so my wallet is safe. Am I the only one who is scratching their head at the fact that Volks is re-releasing dolls that are on the older and now discontinued body, though?

I'm not sure what you mean by that, Ruler and Saber have the DD-f3.

Selenae

@SakuraRose But Luka and Matoi don't, and neither does Asuna. They're all listed as DDIII, and not F3. This is what I'm referring to.

Edited by Selenae

Victoria

Wow, I'd love to get a brand new Asuna or Ruler. Too bad it's Volks USA. 😕

OccultBeast
2 hours ago, Selenae said:

My assumption is they're getting rid of old stock.  Especially considering how strange of a mix things are, and everything is limited quantities.  They might only have a handful of some of these available.

Tira
2 hours ago, Selenae said:

I think the fullset dolls available are excess stock VolksUSA has leftover, so they’re from the original release.

BeyondTime
3 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

My assumption is they're getting rid of old stock.

Volks tends to hold back a quantity of limited dolls so that they can do special releases like this. If they just wanted to dump stock they could put them online and not time limit the sales. They've done that in the past for dolls like Rin & Len Kagamine, and the various Macross releases.

OccultBeast
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

Volks tends to hold back a quantity of limited dolls so that they can do special releases like this. If they just wanted to dump stock they could put them online and not time limit the sales. They've done that in the past for dolls like Rin & Len Kagamine, and the various Macross releases.

That's fair!  I can see that benefiting them in multiple ways, too, really.  In the end they're still getting rid of 'older' dolls, thus why they're on the old body and not the F3, they're just doing it in a more 'controlled' manner.

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, OccultBeast said:

That's fair!  I can see that benefiting them in multiple ways, too, really.  In the end they're still getting rid of 'older' dolls, thus why they're on the old body and not the F3, they're just doing it in a more 'controlled' manner.

Oh, these are almost certainly stock from the original releases and not newly manufactured products.

During the Best of the Best Selection they released very limited quantities of various limited DD & SD at the Dolpas. It was pretty clear that they just keep a few around for future events, but they also qualified them by selling them "As Is" which meant that the dolls could have yellowing or the pleather items might be deteriorating.

SakuraRose
1 hour ago, Selenae said:

@SakuraRose But Luka and Matoi don't, and neither does Asuna. They're all listed as DDIII, and not F3. This is what I'm referring to.

Ah sorry, I somehow misunderstood your previous comment (wasn't awake yet). I definitely think they're just selling old stock like the above comments ^ since they've done that before. It seems to be something they do for events. Correct me if I'm wrong but, for e.g., Dolpa (I think LA) had older releases available as lottery.

Kind of off-topic but Ranka has been available on the international store for so long....Nanao Yuriko seems to have been on there for a while too, like a year (I'm probably way off)? I'm not surprised she's available for the event.

bigpalebluejuice
17 minutes ago, SakuraRose said:

Kind of off-topic but Ranka has been available on the international store for so long....Nanao Yuriko seems to have been on there for a while too, like a year (I'm probably way off)? I'm not surprised she's available for the event.

Was really expecting to see Ranka in this event for that exact reason, kinda sad she's not going to be available on the USA site. Really happy to see Luka again though, I might just have to cave in this time!😅

SakuraRose

@bigpalebluejuice Yeah! I feel bad for Ranka, she's cute but I don't love her sculpt enough to get her. Maybe Volks thought she wouldn't have enough interest from the US market to make her available in store/for this event.

Gabriel

Ranka is still available on the Jp store?  The last time I checked they had removed her listing.

Of course the reason why none of the Macross dolls can ever come to VolksUSA is because of Harmony Gold.  As for Sailor Jupiter, my hypothesis is that her lack of availability on VolksUSA was probably COVID and shipping difficulty related.