battrastard

Migon

Salica

Sign in to follow this  
finnleo

3D printed comedy collaboration items

finnleo
Posted (edited)

Just the final end product this time, since it was a quick and slightly filthy modeling practice piece I did in a autodesk modeler to see how far I could push it:

49805848223_ffc51da59f_b.jpg

saber279

The surface is just sanded white PLA, unfortunately the image doesent show the interesting growth-ring effect the layered printing had on the mask.

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 4

finnleo
Posted (edited)

Thank you very many.

Im sort of tempted to try and make one of the swords also (the initial cracked nail was visually most interesting) .. but I have a boat load of other things to do than chase this one.. maybe some day.

And the printer I have isnt really much to be jealous about .. just a foot squared print size super cheap DIY chinese jobby.. temperamental is they come, has needed some re-engineering, and making a cabinet for some temperature stability.

But if it happens to be in a co-operative mood, they are good fun at that moment.. otherwise, not so much.

Edited by finnleo

finnleo

Thank you very many....

if I recall Horned just had a needle for a weapon .. probably could repourpose a metallic knitting needle for that, since I dont know if leatherworkers needles go up to those sizes.

finnleo

Probably better to add to this, since this sort of falls into the comedy fake collaboration stuff...

This time a perticular pressure container was needed for a quick 5-minute wardrobe cosplay challenge featuring a tarantinoesque TV-series I watched recently.

50155782287_cd460c6c32_c.jpg

3dprints001

The body, Valve knob, and nozzle were 3D printed to save some effort, I think there are probably ready made bar-stock in hobby stores for similar pieces.

The pipe and valve stem are just soldered together solid core electric wire.

Some old enamel paints and gundam markers later:

50154992843_9237861fc9_c.jpg

3dprints002

It ended up maybe being a bit too small, but since this was a one off for a quickie photo set I wasnt that bothered, since it does the job:

50158960217_c226057a42_c.jpg

shinon065

Rest of the set on the top of me flickr at the moment...

• Like 1

finnleo

For a quick .. maybe two hour tops spent prop its pretty good. -- Of course there are faults I could pick at, like in the series the gas bottle is green, but this whole setup is a bit of a quick hash, based on Sister Harriets introduction leathers -- so im still happy with the results.

The series itself is a Amazon special ... and its really not easy watching, since its a mix of 70's cop/PI shows and Inglorious Basterds, with more violence and dark humor if that was even possible.

Harriet just ended up being my favorite with quotes like, "I'll traumatize you so badly, you'll wet your knickers every time you see Mary Poppins, understand Child ?"