Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Victoria

DDS Sailor Venus

Mizuumi-no-Otome

I'm SO excited but also SO stressed at the timing of this lol. Do we know if she will be sold like Jupiter, or is this gonna be a clickwar? :(

She's GORGEOUS and checks all of the boxes of what I expected for her!

Edited by Serena-Hime

Selenae

Oh, man. I want to say I love Minako, but I'm kinda on the fence. I'm really not a fan of the strange, intense orange-y eyebrow color and weird earring design. Her face sculpt is beautiful though, and I love how Volks nailed her trademark red hair-bow.

Edited by Selenae

direpoodle

I'm surprised to see her so quickly, but I made sure I was prepared just in case, so I'm super excited to get her!!! I think her sculpt is absolutely beautiful. I'm really hoping she'll be more accessible like Jupiter!!

Victoria
36 minutes ago, Selenae said:

Oh, man. I want to say I love Minako, but I'm kinda on the fence. I'm really not a fan of the strange, intense orange-y eyebrow color and weird earring design. Her face sculpt is beautiful though, and I love how Volks nailed her trademark red hair-bow.

Yeah, the eye-brows annoy me too. 😕 I wish they had used yellow instead. 

And I'm not really a fan of these lighter eye lashes, too. They did the same with Jupiter. 

Edit: I think chances are really high that she'll be click-war. The Dolpa is by the end of August and she'll most likely will be available online afterwards. Jupiter was an exception, I suppose. 

Edited by Victoria

Monty

From the pic in the Sailor Moon twitter’s tweet I thought she looked too much like Mercury but clicking through and seeing the closeups, I really like the retro charm her sculpt has. And the little cowlick on her wig is really cute.

As of now Volks are acting like Kyoto Dolpa will go ahead as normal (which is kinda worrying tbh) which means most likely a clickwar during the after event... but it sure would be nice if that no stress method from the Online Dolpa was here to stay. ._. I would assume the details of her release method could be ‘subject to change’.

Victoria

I wish they'd just switch back to their old system with their lotteries. But I'm sure this will not change anytime soon :( The last DD lotteries were really cool as chances seemed to be pretty high for wins. 

Oh well, I hope they'll accept paypal at least this time again...

• Like 1

BeyondTime

I was worried I'd have to wait a year for Minako.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

MagicalRinchan

Oh wow, it's so cool to see them all together!! 💕

Maybe a Chibi Moon MDD or DDP will be next?

• Like 2

bigpalebluejuice
1 hour ago, MagicalRinchan said:

I hope you're right! She would be so so cute in dollfie form!🥰

• Like 1

bulgogi017

Minako is charming as always! She looks adorable in her school uniform💗 The group shot is great also! 
I’m surprised that they released her this summer but hey, better earlier than later~

kino
5 hours ago, MagicalRinchan said:

MochiAshi Chibi Moon would be cute!

• Like 2

justsomedollies
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I was worried I'd have to wait a year for Minako.

I was hoping to have a year for Minako 😭 

Beani

Huh.. I really thought Venus would capture me and my wallet as she was always my favorite but something just isn’t clicking for me. She looks great though so I don’t really understand my own reaction.  Guess I’ll wait for some non-official shots before deciding against her 100% though. 

Surprised to see her so soon! Maybe they always meant for Jupiter and Venus to release together but then Sega wanted their girl out by a certain time so Venus and Jupiter got split. 

• Like 1

Monty
6 minutes ago, Beani said:

Huh.. I really thought Venus would capture me and my wallet as she was always my favorite but something just isn’t clicking for me. She looks great though so I don’t really understand my own reaction.  Guess I’ll wait for some non-official shots before deciding against her 100% though. 

Surprised to see her so soon! Maybe they always meant for Jupiter and Venus to release together but then Sega wanted their girl out by a certain time so Venus and Jupiter got split. 

They said they’ll be displaying the new DDs at Akiba Doll Point as part of DD Fes next Saturday so you’ll be able to have a look in person (or wait for twitter pics if you don’t want to go out). They announced this before they announced the dolls though, so I don’t know if they meant specially Venus or Kizuna Ai but it would be weird if it was only one. 

I also was just wondering if she was supposed to be with Jupiter all along, which would have been even worse (wallet-wise) for the people who want to collect them all lol. They certainly got to the end of the Inners earlier than I expected!

Edited by Monty

Beani

@Monty I was vaguely considering going to Dollpoint again but with record cases in Tokyo yesterday and an outbreak at an Akihabara maid cafe it seems unwise. Hopefully they keep them on display a little while and if not, photos on Twitter will have to be enough for me to decide. 

Im feeling kinda upset that I’m not instantly in love with Venus and instead find the character I hate (Kizuna Ai) cute lol. 

• Like 2

Monty
7 minutes ago, Beani said:

@Monty I was vaguely considering going to Dollpoint again but with record cases in Tokyo yesterday and an outbreak at an Akihabara maid cafe it seems unwise. Hopefully they keep them on display a little while and if not, photos on Twitter will have to be enough for me to decide. 

Im feeling kinda upset that I’m not instantly in love with Venus and instead find the character I hate (Kizuna Ai) cute lol. 

I was definitely thinking of that, so it’s probably best to wait for someone else’s twitter photos after all. 
Hopefully you like her better then - to be honest I was completely indifferent to Mercury until I saw @BeyondTime’s photos.

• Thanks 1

Singer Yuna

I’m ready Minako, please be as Makoto because I want to adopt you without trying clickwars ^^

• Like 4

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Beani said:

She looks great though so I don’t really understand my own reaction.

The lighting on those photos is really even, and I think it's hard to really get a feel for her sculpt without some sense of depth. She definitely Minako, but it's almost like I see it in flashes as I look at her instead of feeling it 100%. I think photos with more uneven lighting will make her look show through more clearly.

I have to admit I always thought Minako was going to be hard to capture because her look had a lot of variation in the show.

Edit: I also think blond eyebrows would have gotten lost in that light blond wig.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast

I don't have a horse in this race (I'm not collecting any of the Sailor Moon girls), but as a long time Sailor Moon fan, I personally think they pulled Minako off as best they could in a static format!  It would have been amazing if they had given her a Winking™ head instead of both eyes open, but that's limiting, and I can understand why they wouldn't want to.

I agree with BeyondTime that yellow eyebrows would have definitely gotten lost in the wig, but it is strange that they jumped straight to orange and not a more 'dirty blonde' shade instead.  I think for me, she can be 'leveled up' with a few little adjustments from owners, namely painting her smile a little bigger, as the standard makeup is very 'gentle,' like a safe in-between, but I think most people think of Minako with her bright energetic smile.  A personal change I would make would be to shorten her bangs a bit all around.

Overall though, she's incredibly cute and I'm thankful I have neither the wallet nor the space for the Senshi.  I'm praying for all of you who want her, though, that you'll be able to get her and that it won't be the most stressful option! (ó﹏ò。)

kranberrijam

OMYGODSOHMYGODSOHMYGODSOHMYGODS.

She's perfect. 😍🥰

Really hoping for preorder, but if clickwar, SHE WILL BE MINE NO MATTER WHAT.

I draw characters with much darker eyebrows, so her's tickle my artistic funny bone~ Part of her hair looks like it might be pulled into a ponytail? Hope so, and that it's not a separate piece.

• Like 1

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

but it is strange that they jumped straight to orange and not a more 'dirty blonde' shade instead. 

They may have tried some variations, but discovered orange worked best with her outfits.

8 minutes ago, kranberrijam said:

Part of her hair looks like it might be pulled into a ponytail?

You might be right. It's hard to see, but it does look like hair from the front is pulled back like it's supposed to be, and the ribbon needs a place to attach.

OccultBeast
4 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

They may have tried some variations, but discovered orange worked best with her outfits.

That's true!  I can definitely see them wanting to stick to that like, very saturated 'bright' colour scheme for them, too.  I don't think it looks bad, at least.

lardroom

And there she is! Sculpt hasn't worn me over though.

If they do the outers  will be so happy and will collect those.