Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

DDS Kizuna Ai

bulgogi017

Wow, haven’t been paying attention to the virtual YTers for some time but, Kizuna Ai is on a roll.

Very cute sculpt! Lively and bright eyes~

Beani

I cannot say I was expecting this at all. Even if I ever had considered her as a doll (never) I would have expected a Smartdoll as she just seems closer to that crowd.

I am not a fan of Kizuna Ai these days but wow is she looking cute as a doll. 

finnleo

Personally not too surprised with Ai as a volks release, was half expecting it almost, after they started to merchandise the heck out of the virtual youtubers.

Also makes sense since her games channel outfit can be an optional thing ... also the formal dress they did for that matter... maybe even the minecraft easel as a prop.

on a quick glance the head looks like a scaled up arle, and the outfits black lacing will most likely stain.

Would have been more tempted if it had been a year ago, but now with the influx of the virtual tubers and also the minor shinenigans involved with Ai itself, a soft pass for me I guess... (*eyeballing some azone offerings in the meantime...*)

Also out of curiosity finally checked out the chinese version of Ai ... (which is oddly more likeable singing even though I dont understand one bit of it).. but some possible cute option outfits there also.

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 1

BottleStar

😮*eagerly waiting to see how the rest of the outfit is gunna look dollfied*

Gabriel

I think I recall us talking about this one years ago.  It was right after scales of the character were starting to be offered up for pre-order.

If they do her "elegant" outfit, then I'm in for that.

finnleo
1 hour ago, BottleStar said:

😮*eagerly waiting to see how the rest of the outfit is gunna look dollfied*

The hotpants are prolly gonna have a peculiar flap at the butt like that one Red japanese apricot kimono set's pants.

the thighboots are prolly going to copy the Miku boots with a zipper up to the back of the knea.

---

For those curious, a video with the Elegant, and Gamer outfits:

Also, unlikely but the normal China Ai outfit: (ear-worm warning:)

China gamer-Ai (Unsurprising Panda motif .. and she sounds hilarious in chinese, and to clarify this -- In the way that her chinese voice actress seems to be having a lot more fun with the character.) :

Edited by finnleo
  • Like 3

littlebirdzoom

She's cute I guess, but Volks is getting into sameface land and their releases are very... strange? Safe? Appeal-y? I can't pin it, but I really am not a fan of any of the releases this year. Kizuna AI is cute, but I'm not a fan of her content at all. 

Not surprised, not surprised. Definitely not happy with the general direction of things this year though. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

OccultBeast

I'm actually a little sad that I think her face is SUPER cute, because I also don't really care for Kizuna Ai much anymore.  She's definitely along the lines of Arle in terms of cuteness, just 'scaled up,' and I think that's the reason I like her so much as well.  Thankfully I'm trying to just limit myself to a MDD (if at all) so Kizuna Ai's size stops me.  It'll be great to see what optional outfits they put out for her though!  I LOVE her birthday and live outfits, so if they sell those separately I'm honestly going to struggle to not buy them just because. (◎ヮ◎) 

lardroom

Oh neat. My brother is into chubas but strangely not kizuna ai. She's cute. But pass for me.

Ylse

While I don't really follow and know that much about Kizunai Ai I do think this sculpt is super ultra ADORABLE. I had to hnnngggg in real life when I just saw the twitter post 😆

Edit: what do you all think of her being on the Dollfie Dream Sister body? I feel as if she could also be put on the DDP body. Kizuna's height should be 156cm according to Google and Iori 153cm so they don't differ that much lol. But I do understand that for the DDS body it would be easier to get more clothes for her in comparison to the DDP body. Hmm 🤔 but for her head size now it feels a bit big for DDP. I wonder why en when they make the decision to go DDS or DDP.

Edited by Ylse

BottleStar
3 hours ago, littlebirdzoom said:

Volks is getting into sameface land and their releases are very... strange? Safe? Appeal-y?

Totally! 😩 Every new release, I wait for a profile pic, and if the nose continues to hang so low down the face, I'm out.

Selenae

Oh, no. I actually really, really like her sculpt. She definitely reminds me of a grown-up Arle, and I think this sculpt would make an amazing custom Minako/Sailor Venus, too. I may have to break my 'no SDs' rule for this one in the future.

• Like 1

magique

Her sculpt is very cute, but kizuna ai?? feels really random and actually turns me off from buying because I dislike her design. and yeah I can see the samefacey-ness, most releases this year have been smiley faces. Cuties nonetheless. 

• Confused 1

Gabriel
17 minutes ago, sweets said:

and yeah I can see the samefacey-ness, 

We've gone from Saberfaces to Sameyfaces!

Ba-dum-dum!

I'll be here all week, folks!  😆

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Mega Negi

Kizuna Ai especially makes me wish that Volks would implement some sort of modular face system like Nendroids have so would have alternate expressions without needing an entire new head.

It just doesn't seem right for Kizuna Ai not to have a screaming/yelling face, IMO.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Subaru

I'm weak to this. I will now offer my paycheck up as offering. 
Sigh. There goes my doll diet in 2020. 

• Like 3

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Monty

I’m a bit surprised at the sameface remarks because I have the exact opposite opinion as someone who has also been kinda meh on recent releases. I like Ai specifically because she looks like a fusion of Kagamine Rin and Arle, who are probably my favourite sculpts (so I’m.....a little biased), and just the other day I was thinking I’d like to see more sculpts like them.

I do still wanna see more mature faces like Matoi and Sheryl also and would love to see more like 2B and 9S (FF collab....?). But Ai falls squarely in my ‘strike zone’ for cute faces. ......and yet I don’t feel the need to get her, since I have Rin and Arle and need to have stricter criteria for the sake of my space and wallet, plus I don’t have any attachment to the character beyond thinking her design is appealing. (To be frank, I didn’t even understand what on earth a ‘virtual youtuber’ even WAS until a few weeks ago, for the longest time I thought she was an actual AI or something...) But she’s definitely going to be one I’ll love looking at photos of. From just this one photo I already love how her wig looks.

• Like 2

foo

I don't see the sameface-ness either. She does resemble Arle a bit but that's just shared cuteness. I think the only thing is the way the nose is sculpted, it's similar to recent releases but I don't think that it's wrong for the character. She doesn't really have a nose (・・')

The faceup art does remind me of Sakura Amamiya with how the eyelashes are painted, but that's just Volks' latest style. Plus I'm guessing that Kizuna wanted it to look that way.

FWIW, they were at least picky about the hair 😋

• Like 3

HazelMaze

Anyone else get Karin vibes form her to?I do think the "Aged Up Arle" is also spot on.

I'm honestly so excited for the release, she is SO CUTE DANG IT.( My poor wallet, it did not see this coming T_T)

Selenae

@foo @Monty I am as well, I think she is super pretty, and I see massive 'big sister' potential for my future DCH-19. I don't see any 'sameface'-ness about her features, unlike all of Saber's variants which actually are sameface, because, well, four are Altria Pendragon variants, and Nero (Saber Extra) is a homunculus and all. Anyways, I definitely want to see AI's nose in non-Volks photos, though, since I definitely was not a fan of Sakura Amamiya's extremely pinched one.

@HazelMaze Karin? No, not really. Karin is much more mature-looking with a thinner face, less round eyes, and has a sharper, more defined chin and nose.

Edited by Selenae

Oliver

Ive seen Kizuna Ai a few time on yt, i wont be getting her but she definitly adorable!

• Like 1