Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Victoria

Using a Credit Card on Volks.co.jp

Victoria

Hey guys,

I wanted to save the credit card of my father on the Volks international page (since I don't have my own one) but always get an system error. It seems that the credit card is 3D secure. 

Do u know what the problem could be? Is it because the first name is different? 

I wanted to use the card for an test order as I need one for Cinderella soon. ;-;

Edited by Victoria

Victoria

Okay, it seems like I used the wrong code. xD

But now I'm getting the following message:

"We were unable to accept payment with the card number you entered."

I verified the transaction via app (which is for 3D security) and now all I'm getting is this. :(

ragnamuffin

Does anyone know the answer to this? Can a credit card in someone else’s name be used to make a purchase?

finnleo

From the volks site:

Cancellation of credit card payment: We may cancel your order if you think you are using a credit card other than yourself

(Yeah, their autotranslator is on par today ...)

Edited by finnleo
  • Thanks 1

Xiongmao

Make sure the shipping address is the same as the cardholder's registered address.

Maybe it's a debit not a credit card? My debit card (UK registered) does work though.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
On 7/12/2020 at 5:03 AM, Victoria said:

I wanted to save the credit card of my father on the Volks international page (since I don't have my own one) but always get an system error. It seems that the credit card is 3D secure. 

You probably need an account in his name and address. Volks has a thing about transactions with someone other than the intended owner. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Victoria
On 10/2/2022 at 8:20 AM, finnleo said:

From the volks site:

Cancellation of credit card payment: We may cancel your order if you think you are using a credit card other than yourself

(Yeah, their autotranslator is on par today ...)

That‘s kinda strange, I have used a creditcard of someone else quite a few times in the past when I was not able to use my card until the end of the month since it is not technically possible for me to balance the missing amount out until the end of each month and never had a problem. Surname is the same, though, maybe in that case it works, idk.

In the end I was just too stupid to use the correct code back then, btw 😆

• Haha 2

HyenaSloth

Starting to suspect Volks & credit cards is a bit of crapshoot. I spend the last 10 days trying and sometimes it'd go through to my bank and then I'd get a random error, other times the bank itself would be like "lolno" and then today it just went through and everything was fine O____o

Lina

Some cards will also block international access. I had this issue several times with different international purchases and would have to call my bank and ask them to remove the block for X amount of hours. The longest they would let me unblock was one week, and they said they will not do this often.

So, I'd try calling the company that your card is connected to and ask if they are blocking the transaction by default. I had this same issue when I tried to enter a lottery last year and my card holder flat out said no, they will not remove the block. I had to use a proxy to get the item because Volks didn't take my other card.

lildollface

TBH this seems to be an issue with other Japanese websites too, as I've had to purchase things from other stores with similar errors. It's worth noting that some cards are not accepted in Japan, even when dealing with online transactions. (Visa and Mastercard are the most accepted globally, with other companies hit/miss.) Weirdly enough, sometimes it could also be a browser issue- I've had issues purchasing when using Firefox, but Microsoft Edge worked fine.