Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Azone Sugar Cups - new Picco P series

Monty

Wasn’t sure if this should go under obitsu or other on topic dolls, but the obitsu general sub forum says Azone can go there. If not, mods can move this.

At AKGarden today, Azone unveiled a new doll series called Sugar Cups which uses the new Picco P body. This body has been in development limbo for at least two years so I’m glad to see it’s finally happening. Its a really cute body and the heads have inset eyes. They’re really tiny, 1/12 scale, probably close in height to obitsu11.

The Sugar Cups line will be sweets themed and the first doll in the series is Chocolala!

The sign says she uses a wig, but I’m wondering if it’s actually a rooted head cap that can be exchanged for other rooted caps or ‘bald’ caps like the new 1/6 Obitsu girls.

Azone also showed some upcoming outfits for this body.

Chocola is releasing this winter for 17000 yen. Azone will likely sell this body and hopefully the blank heads separate too, but not sure when yet.

I really, really like her and this line is very promising! Obviously very similar to the Dollce Mini Sweets Dolls and likely inspired by them, but I like her outfit a lot more and she’ll be a lot easier to get hold of than one of those.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Beani

Oh wow I am dying here, she is simply too cute! If she is the same size as Obitsu11 then I may be a goner for this new series. She would look so cute next to my Mini Sweets. 

Having an Obitsu11 sized doll themed to sweets though.. seems a little underhanded for a major company to do that knowing that Dollce has the Mini Sweets brand. I guess it is different though, these girls are themed to sweets while Mini Sweets are just named after them. Still, it gives off the air of trying to capitalise on the popularity of the Dollce line a little bit and I don't really like that. Not sure if I can buy this line over a Mini Sweets when push comes to shove.

Regardless, I am looking forward to more detailed info on them!

Edited by Beani
  • Like 2

Selenae

Oh, no. I love Chocolala, she is so very cute. I'll likely cave once she is released.

nanika

Azone posted an update about the hair-- it is a rooted head cap, not a wig.  (It was a mistake on the info card that was displayed.)

Found a picture of the Pico Neemo P body--

PicoPbody.jpg

• Like 2

HazelMaze
On 8/2/2020 at 3:37 AM, Beani said:

...seems a little underhanded for a major company to do that knowing that Dollce has the Mini Sweets brand. I guess it is different though, these girls are themed to sweets while Mini Sweets are just named after them. Still, it gives off the air of trying to capitalise on the popularity of the Dollce line a little bit and I don't really like that...

I think that's a fair opinion to have, but I personally see it as noticing a tend in the market. The name is....perhaps the most eyebrow raising.As it frankly doesn't suit any of their comparable lines. Which does make me think their was a specific choice to be /close/ but not to close

That said...

Azone stop it.Stop releasing things I like.She is such a cutie!!! I get big "Iris Collect Petite"vibes from her. 

Though the jointing looks a little...loose? I'm curious how stable she is

Monty

I have to admit I was a bit confused about people posting about SugarCups in the Pure Neemo thread given that they’re an entirely different doll line, so maybe this thread should be moved to ‘other dolls’ to avoid confusion?

Anyway, Azone are going to be doing a preorder of the previously clickwar Biscuitinas, starting on august 3rd. 
https://www.azone-int.co.jp/azonet/item/4573199925271
https://www.azone-int.co.jp/azonet/item/4573199925288

I’m really glad because I wanted the first one really badly. I think they might still be Azonet exclusive, but Fabric and Friends is doing a preorder for them too.

https://fabricfriendsdolls.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=959_1169&zenid=i8377ree8o9j8bd4pupfpe3q90

They won’t be shipping until April 2022, but long wait times seem standard for the less limited Azone preorders.

• Thanks 1

cookimooon

I didn't realize Fabric Friends would have them available for pre-order too! Thank you for sharing! I like ordering from them because I can pay up front instead of having to worry about the outstanding total later lol... especially over half a year from now. 

Both versions of Biscuitina will also be available at TASINA, too, for those who would prefer to pay a deposit now and the rest later:

https://www.tasina.ca/dollsPreOrder.html

I'd heard that both versions of Biscuitina sold out pretty much instantaneously, so I'm super glad they're doing a second run! 

ladyroselie

I'm watching tracking every day for Star Sprinkles Biscuitina! Did anyone else get one? I'm so excited, but also sad that it won't be until September when I can display her with big sister Chiika Star Sprinkles.

Selenae

Maaaan, I am so tempted to grab Star Sprinkles Biscuitina. She is adorable. This year has been a dry dolly year for me, and she would cheer me up...

• Like 1

cookimooon

The latest Sugar Cup was just revealed...! 

https://news.azone-int.co.jp/archives/40116

chocolala_2nd_news.jpg.bfdcb9bab78bf7f947d87632d132ba64.jpg

First the two Star Sprinkles Biscuitinas back to back - now it's Chocola's turn!! My gosh, these releases are wringing me dry ; __ ; 

I had been wanting to maybe pre-order the latest Iris Collect Petit, the 3rd iteration of Anna, but now I think I'll have to get this precious girl instead... I can't just have my sugary little trio incomplete...! (And the resale prices for these sweethearts are ridiculous x __ x.) 

I've seen some people asking for Chocola so I have no doubt she'll be a very popular girl... I can only hope Azone will do a second run for her as well. 

• Like 2

Monty

I had been waiting for the mythical silver/white haired Chocolala every since they teased her existence at a previous Doll Show (she was shown on display and in an issue of DollyBird, although wearing one of the outfits that had a free pattern in that dollybird). Although, I’m not 100% sure this is the one? The pics I saw before did look a bit paler, unless it was just lighting, and she also had green eyes. Here’s what I mean: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/4798624861 There’s a possibility that she’s another doll and could get a release like the alt Candylulu on amiami, although my only reason for thinking so is that she was first shown alongside that alt Candylulu. For all I know she’s an early prototype and this Star Sprinkles one is the ‘proper’ version of the alternate Chocolala.

I want to at least try to get this one. But. I kinda wish they’d stop making them so mega-limited? I always thought the Azone exclusives were for special things, but almost the entire line of them have been this way, even the ‘basic’ ones, with most of them going to scalpers. (And yeah that second preorder for Biscuitina was meant to be open the whole month and it had closed within a day or so lol;;) It’s kinda demoralising and since I don’t live in the US, the extra price involved with getting one from Fabric and Friends is enough to make it hard for me to justify. (I nearly ordered Biscuitina through them until I realised it was going to cost me close to $100 more)

Maybe they’ll have another one with an open preorder on amiami after that Candylulu ships next year. (maybe it’ll even be that mysterious whiter haired Chocolala). Doll Show is next weekend so there may be new announcements (I was surprised they didn’t save this Chocolala announcement until then actually)

Edited by Monty

cookimooon
4 hours ago, Monty said:

I want to at least try to get this one. But. I kinda wish they’d stop making them so mega-limited? I always thought the Azone exclusives were for special things, but almost the entire line of them have been this way, even the ‘basic’ ones, with most of them going to scalpers. (And yeah that second preorder for Biscuitina was meant to be open the whole month and it had closed within a day or so lol;;)

I feel the same way! This isn't official by any means, but I did a quick look over kikakubu_azone's media Tweets and the only one that's gotten more attention than Star Sprinkles Chocolala is the first reveal of Star Sprinkles Biscuitina (1k likes!). It's so clear that these tiny sweethearts are so popular, if them selling out in less than five seconds and a lot of people asking for them being made-to-order... and yet Azone just wants to make them incredibly limited for some reason ; __ ; Like you pointed out, even the made-to-order run for both versions of Star Sprinkles Biscuitina was limited. 

4 hours ago, Riesz said:

😭 I missed all of them

I wanted you and Monty to know that, at the time of me typing this comment, she is still showing as available to pre-order via TASINA! 

https://www.tasina.ca/dollsPreOrder.html

I'm not sure why? I had inquired about Star Sprinkles Biscuitina in the past, and the owner (who was very polite and patient with my inquiries!) said that her preorders sold out incredibly fast as well, so...? Maybe Azone made many more of these in response to their popularity? I have no idea! 

Edit: And Riesz, both versions of Star Sprinkles Biscuitina are still available at Fabric Friends (at the time of making this edit)! 

Edited by cookimooon
  • Thanks 2

battrastard

I'd love to see some side-by-side comparisons with Lil' Fairy, I'm kinda sorta getting used to their oversized hands and feet, but, I'd like an "option", to be honest. 

2021-08-22_02-41-25

Edited by battrastard
  • Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

Riesz
1 hour ago, battrastard said:

I'd love to see some side-by-side comparisons with Lil' Fairy, I'm kinda sorta getting used to their oversized hands and feet, but, I'd like an "option", to be honest. 

2021-08-22_02-41-25

You can get a regular picconeemo body for them that is more proportional

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10662160

• Like 1

Monty

@cookimooon Thanks for linking Tasina, I hadn’t heard of this dealer. I’m not sure if a canadian based dealer would be any cheaper for me vs a US one (especially when there is no shipping estimate given) but it’s nice there’s multiple options.

At any rate, I entered the store lottery for Chocolala so I’ll find out what happens this coming Monday. Given that Biscuitina is still in stock with Iris it gives me some hope that Chocolala will still be there if the clickwar and lottery directly from Azone fails. I still love the pastel Biscuitina, I just prefer Chocolala, and don’t really want to get both.

anyway, looking forward to Doll Show this weekend - I’m hoping Azone have new stuff to reveal for either Sugar Cups or maybe other dolls using these PiccoP bodies.

• Like 1

Monty
On 9/4/2021 at 4:50 PM, battrastard said:

2021-08-22_02-41-25

There wasn’t really anything new announced at Doll Show today (other than how apparently the PiccoP bodies - the ones Sugar Cups use - are being released in milky white and tan sometime this autumn, along with blank heads (withiut eyeholes unfortunately), but there were some new outfits announced and I saw a photo where you can directly see a Sugar Cups next to a Lil Fairy. They’re quite a bit shorter!

an extra short Lil Fairy could be cute, though - I would assume their heads can also go on the PiccoP bodies…?

• Like 4

cookimooon

Yet ANOTHER Sugar Cups x Star Sprinkles girl is coming! 

Curiously her actual news page won't be up until October 1st. I think she is supposed to be the final Star Sprinkles girl since her teaser Tweet seems to mention this is "at the end" of the project (translated via Google so hopefully it's right).
I LOVE these sweet girls but I'm honestly glad she will be the last one because they have pretty much established an all-out attack on my bank account T ___ T lmao. I'm sad I probably won't be able to get the Iris Collect Petit Anna I was really wanting, but I know once all my girls are together it'll be worth it hahaha. 

• Like 2

Monty

She is indeed the final one and as cute as she is I’m also glad for it, because I really want to see something new from SugarCups rather than just alternate colourings of the same outfit. (I also can’t help but be a little disappointed that ALL of them were bunnies, because the pure neemo star sprinkles started with Moon Cat Chiika. Would have been nice if some or even just one was a cat even if the rest of the outfit was the same)

Personally i’m hoping the next release will be a new character.

• Like 2

Misuka

Oh my goodness is that colorway absolutely darling. I love the more muted eye color they chose. 

cookimooon
On 9/24/2021 at 5:27 PM, Monty said:

She is indeed the final one and as cute as she is I’m also glad for it, because I really want to see something new from SugarCups rather than just alternate colourings of the same outfit. (I also can’t help but be a little disappointed that ALL of them were bunnies, because the pure neemo star sprinkles started with Moon Cat Chiika. Would have been nice if some or even just one was a cat even if the rest of the outfit was the same)

Personally i’m hoping the next release will be a new character.

I didn't even realize all the outfits are the same, just different colorways haha XD But, I agree with you, I thought once they were done with both Star Sprinkles Biscuitina, we'd get Star Sprinkles Chocolala in nekomimi (since Candy Lulu has her Dollybird version, I figured she wouldn't get a Star Sprinkles variant). I agree with you on the front of wanting a new character too, I'm personally hoping that tan/slightly-darker-skin body they have shown off will see use in a new girl! Just... not too soon after this one at least lol 

mintylicious

I recently discovered this line and I'm obsessed with the smol cuteness... was lucky enough to catch the tail-end of the Candy Lulu Dollybird pre-order on AmiAmi, like it literally closed a day or two after I received my order acknowledgement email.

Her new Star Sprinkles version is super adorable! I def agree with you @Monty that I'm crossing my fingers for a new character next! And @cookimooon I'd LOVE to see the next character have a tan body! ♥

Epona

I have a Dollybird Candyruru coming in the next few days, I'm so excited! These dolls are SO cute and tiny. 🥰

InariPassenger

New Sugar Cups just joined me! How to stop buying these tiny cuties? 😭

• Like 2