Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

engelinvitro

Hometown Dolpa 17

Ylse

I have conflicting feelings about this. 1 I understand people are disappointed about it being cancelled and I feel sorry for them all but safety first.

But 2: I am so incredibly HYPE that we have a chance to enter for dollfie icon! And all the other dolls and things!!! Like I was secretly hoping for this but does it feel bad feeling happy about this? 😅 

engelinvitro

Totally understand what you mean by that. I was mainly concerned about crowd gathering and the health risks that come with it. A vocal majority on Twitter expected this to happen too, and are disappointed, but it is what it is.

I’ll admit even I feel selfish about the event shifting online. If the online event goes as smooth as the last one, there’s a better chance of me snagging the outfits I want.

Monty

I’m really glad about this, especially because I actually have a chance at Cecile now!

Looks like Venus and Kizuna Ai are lottery. This may be disappointing for some after the guaranteed dolls last time, but I really didn’t expect them to be able to do that twice in a row from a production standpoint and I’m honestly really, really glad they’re not clickwar. The application starts this Friday, so soon?!

• Like 1

engelinvitro
55 minutes ago, Monty said:

I’m really glad about this, especially because I actually have a chance at Cecile now!

Looks like Venus and Kizuna Ai are lottery. This may be disappointing for some after the guaranteed dolls last time, but I really didn’t expect them to be able to do that twice in a row from a production standpoint and I’m honestly really, really glad they’re not clickwar. The application starts this Friday, so soon?!

Good luck with Cecile! I never got into Oath of the Silver Coin dolls, but these boys are ridiculously cute.

I'm also surprised at the applications opening so soon? I was wishing for a later date because I'm somewhat interested in Kizuna Ai, but if it's this soon then I have to let her go. Hopefully VolksUSA will pick her up after the event so I'll at least have a chance at that and be more ready financially 🤪

• Like 1

Monty
58 minutes ago, mionnaise said:

Good luck with Cecile! I never got into Oath of the Silver Coin dolls, but these boys are ridiculously cute.

I'm also surprised at the applications opening so soon? I was wishing for a later date because I'm somewhat interested in Kizuna Ai, but if it's this soon then I have to let her go. Hopefully VolksUSA will pick her up after the event so I'll at least have a chance at that and be more ready financially 🤪

Guess we gotta wait for the details, but if we don’t have to pay until results are out, we’re fine until the end of the month - and if we don’t have to pay until they ship (much less likely), we don’t have to pay until late September. Hopefully it’s not the type where you pay up front and get refunded if you lose, I know that’s happened in the past but don’t remember if they stopped doing that before moving to clickwar.

Regardless it looks like everyone has to be a GL member to enter at all, so everyone after the new dolls, if you haven’t already done so make sure you remember to do that. (It had actually forgotten to until now...)

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

blossom

What is a GL member?? 

𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕕𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤 ꒰ 𝒾𝒸𝒽𝒾𝑔𝑜 𝕄𝔻𝔻 ༘♡༉ ꒱

𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣   ꒰ 𝒜𝓇𝓊𝓇𝓊 𝔻𝔻ℙ ꒱

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

engelinvitro
54 minutes ago, Monty said:

Hopefully it’s not the type where you pay up front and get refunded if you lose, I know that’s happened in the past but don’t remember if they stopped doing that before moving to clickwar.

That's exactly what I'm worried about. I know in previous lotteries it took them weeks to issue refunds out for Charlotte/Lieselotte, and that time frame isn't something I'm willing to bet on because of the new outfits I'm after. (And have a bigger priority on...)

Edited by mionnaise

baldylox

Oh great!  Since I lost out on an Icon Clover in the US event, maybe my luck will be better for this round!  I really want a Clover but I'll put in for an Iris as well since she's also gorgeous.  <3 

That kinda stinks about Venus being a lottery but it's way better than being clickwar!  Good luck to everyone going for her!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Elia
55 minutes ago, Monty said:

Guess we gotta wait for the details, but if we don’t have to pay until results are out, we’re fine until the end of the month - and if we don’t have to pay until they ship (much less likely), we don’t have to pay until late September. Hopefully it’s not the type where you pay up front and get refunded if you lose, I know that’s happened in the past but don’t remember if they stopped doing that before moving to clickwar.

That's the part I'm slightly confused about, some payment details are included on product pages for lottery dolls. Are both credit and debit cards normally charged upfront? Assuming that both types are accepted. I've only participated in a lottery once before and I can't remember if I was charged upfront.

Monty
16 minutes ago, blossom said:

What is a GL member?? 

Global membership, it’s a new thing Volks introduced very recently. They already had the VS (Volks Supporters) membership in Japan that lets members basically do a bunch of fun things and attend members only events and have access to members only goods and services (such as SD full choice) , plus receive volks news in the mail, for 1000 yen per year. They also get a decent number of points whenever they buy stuff which can be used towards purchases so it was well worth the money when I was living there. 

The Global membership loses a lot of the bells and whistles for obvious reasons, hence it’s half the price. So far what has been open to GL members are the DWC heads and application for stuff like the one off lottery dolls at the previous online Dolpa. GL members do also get access to the same perks in Japan (...although none of us can really go anywhere atm lol...) including stuff that you previously had to have a japanese address to do, like SD full choice. Otherwise, GL membership gets you points with every 100 yen you spend. Unfortunately it’s only 1 point on the online store. 

I like the idea of having the chance to do Full Choice next time I’m in Japan and I like the idea of finally being able to collect points from the online store. But I admit I’m a little ‘hmm’ on needing to buy membership to enter these lotteries and I hope it’s not a permanent thing. For people who use the site all the time it’s no big deal given that we’d probably make that 500ish yen back very quickly and will be repeat customers throughout the year but for people only wanting to enter one lottery, it seems a little...odd, and more like it’s an entry fee for the lottery. (Edit: I’m thinking specially of say the Sailor Moon fans who don’t really know anything about DDs but have just been waiting for the cool doll of their fave to come out. It would be kind of annoying for them to have to pay for a membership to enter for a doll they might not even win. If they won the doll, they’ll get points, and then can use them towards buying clothes and accessories for her. But if they don’t, they may not get any use out of that membership at all, unless another doll they happen to like comes out within a year, and the experience hasn’t soured them.)

You can read up on GL a bit more here.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/2300000037005.html

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

blossom
10 minutes ago, Monty said:

Global membership, it’s a new thing Volks introduced very recently. They already had the VS (Volks Supporters) membership in Japan that lets members basically do a bunch of fun things and attend members only events and have access to members only goods and services (such as SD full choice) , plus receive volks news in the mail, for 1000 yen per year. They also get a decent number of points whenever they buy stuff which can be used towards purchases so it was well worth the money when I was living there. 

The Global membership loses a lot of the bells and whistles for obvious reasons, hence it’s half the price. So far what has been open to GL members are the DWC heads and application for stuff like the one off lottery dolls at the previous online Dolpa. GL members do also get access to the same perks in Japan (...although none of us can really go anywhere atm lol...) including stuff that you previously had to have a japanese address to do, like SD full choice. Otherwise, GL membership gets you points with every 100 yen you spend. Unfortunately it’s only 1 point on the online store. 

I like the idea of having the chance to do Full Choice next time I’m in Japan and I like the idea of finally being able to collect points from the online store. But I admit I’m a little ‘hmm’ on needing to buy membership to enter these lotteries and I hope it’s not a permanent thing. For people who use the site all the time it’s no big deal given that we’d probably make that 500ish yen back very quickly and will be repeat customers throughout the year but for people only wanting to enter one lottery, it seems a little...odd, and more like it’s an entry fee for the lottery. (Edit: I’m thinking specially of say the Sailor Moon fans who don’t really know anything about DDs but have just been waiting for the cool doll of their fave to come out. It would be kind of annoying for them to have to pay for a membership to enter for a doll they might not even win. If they won the doll, they’ll get points, and then can use them towards buying clothes and accessories for her. But if they don’t, they may not get any use out of that membership at all, unless another doll they happen to like comes out within a year, and the experience hasn’t soured them.)

You can read up on GL a bit more here.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/2300000037005.html

I see.. thank you for the explanation!! I actually didn’t know about that! 

I’m usually the kind of person who easily gets memberships but i buy more on friend shops than volks global since i’m from Europe.. and i think i’ll get customs from buying on volks global 🤔 it’s mostly why i never did it.. so i think if i ever bought it it would be to enter a lottery and it does feel like an entry fee when you look at it this way > < 

so i guess there won’t be any lotteries for me for now- ☹️

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

Elia
3 minutes ago, blossom said:

I see.. thank you for the explanation!! I actually didn’t know about that! 

I’m usually the kind of person who easily gets memberships but i buy more on friend shops than volks global since i’m from Europe.. and i think i’ll get customs from buying on volks global 🤔 it’s mostly why i never did it.. so i think if i ever bought it it would be to enter a lottery and it does feel like an entry fee when you look at it this way > < 

so i guess there won’t be any lotteries for me for now- ☹️

I'm from Europe too and customs are definitely involved on packages from Volks 😖 However for items that are not available to friend shops (like SM dolls) I've accepted I have to pay extra fees.

• Like 1

jadepixel

I'm so glad they decided to go online again, just from a safety standpoint. And it's also exciting that we get a chance to enter for D'COORD and Icon too!

I don't mind the fee for GL, I think the idea is to discourage scalpers making dozens of accounts to enter for dolls. It'll probably still happen, to a lesser degree, but I think it's a reasonable solution.

Now I have to decide if I want to enter for some dolls - so many dolls! - or hold out to see what Volks's usual August DD release will end up being! I'm expecting some new standard models since they've released them in August the past few years.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Monty said:

Good luck with Cecile. 

1 hour ago, Elia said:

Are both credit and debit cards normally charged upfront?

Starting a few years ago lottery entries are charged full price up front. Volks has always had problems with people entering for dolls and then not paying, and so now you pay up front. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Elia
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

Starting a few years ago lottery entries are charged full price up front. Volks has always had problems with people entering for dolls and then not paying, and so now you pay up front. 

Thank you for confirmig!

Monty
7 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Good luck with Cecile. 

Thanks, and...that actually is a bit surprising, as it means having to pay for these dolls almost 5-6 weeks earlier than expected (Mid September, the after event). If that’s really the case this time I’m surprised they didn’t have the online event start on the original Dolpa date of August 30 rather than end on it. I expected it to start on the day or later because of last time. 

Maybe it’s because they want the focus on this years preorder project in September, but I actually expected them to incorporate that reveal into the online Dolpa.

I also just realised that the need for GL membership might act as an additional deterrent for multiple entries.

BeyondTime
9 minutes ago, Elia said:

Thank you for confirmig!

2 minutes ago, Monty said:

If that’s really the case this time

This is from the details on Venus’ page:

Due to the characteristics of the card, even if the lottery is accepted, the payment will be made at the application stage. 
In addition, the payment once paid may be temporarily returned to the account. In that case, after winning is confirmed, the price will be deducted again. 

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

If that’s really the case this time I’m surprised they didn’t have the online event start on the original Dolpa date of August 30 rather than end on it.

Maybe the dolls are still in preparation and / or quantities are being adjusted for the online event. 

1 hour ago, blossom said:

and it does feel like an entry fee when you look at it this way > < 

I’d happily pay more for a GL membership if it cut down on scalpers. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

blossom
2 hours ago, Elia said:

I'm from Europe too and customs are definitely involved on packages from Volks 😖 However for items that are not available to friend shops (like SM dolls) I've accepted I have to pay extra fees.

Customs are not fun ; w ; this is the only reason i was able to hold myself from ordering on volks global! I’ll probably end up ordering some outfits someday but dolls i’m not too sure.. 🥺

48 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I’d happily pay more for a GL membership if it cut down on scalpers. 

The price is reasonable since i heard it was 500yens but i don’t really have any reasons to get it for now! I would have gotten it if it was on a friend shop or a volks europe (i wish they would do that 😫) but there’s too many cons for me to order a doll from either volks jp or global and usa won’t ship to europe 😹

so basically i can only wish there will be a volks europe site that will function like volks usa for europeans and just rely on friend shop for the time being! I am honestly  so thankful we even have a friend shop where i live ; w ; 

Edited by blossom

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

BeyondTime
28 minutes ago, blossom said:

i can only wish there will be a volks europe site that will function like volks usa for europeans and just rely on friend shop for the time being!

I hear that a lot, and I wish they would do that for folks over there.

• Like 1

lardroom

Oh neat, another chance at Icon. I signed up for GL membership from the get-go, but other than geting Volks News 88, haven't had an opportunity to use it for any GL-only events. I was hoping 'Rella was also going to be a GL thing and I'm good for any down payment, but alas. Good luck with Venus, everyone.

I, too, usually try to go to Japan once a year but that's a nogo this year. Usualy I'm doing the food and bar tourist thing and going to Tokyo Disney. Doing SD FCS with the Japan options is pretty exciting.

Edited by lardroom

blossom
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I hear that a lot, and I wish they would do that for folks over there.

Honestly 😫 may your words grant our wish 🙈 

1 hour ago, lardroom said:

I, too, usually try to go to Japan once a year but that's a nogo this year. Usualy I'm doing the food and bar tourist thing and going to Tokyo Disney. Doing SD FCS with the Japan options is pretty exciting.

This is exactly what i do too 😹 except that time when i got a bit caught up into UFO Catchers > < but i swore to never do that again!! I was going to visit more doll shops this year and i was really looking forward all this but with the pandemic it will not happen.. 😔

• Like 1

*(*ˊᵕˋ)* ₊˚

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, lardroom said:

I was hoping 'Rella was also going to be a GL thing and I'm good for any down payment, but alas.

If you don't have any SD yet I think you will be awed at how beautiful they are in person. They're all stunning works of art.

The SDGr is a nice form factor too because the size is very similar to DD. You can share clothing with DD, and you have less risk buying the more expensive SD outfits that might not fit DD as well as they do SD13 / SDGr.

lardroom
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

If you don't have any SD yet I think you will be awed at how beautiful they are in person. They're all stunning works of art.

The SDGr is a nice form factor too because the size is very similar to DD. You can share clothing with DD, and you have less risk buying the more expensive SD outfits that might not fit DD as well as they do SD13 / SDGr.

Hahaha. I only have DDDy 2B and a MDD Arle. So SD13/SDGr would actually require a whole new wardrobe, though some of the SD16 dresses can supposedly fit.

I've been to the Akiba Dollpo and even stayed for a bit to watch a live one-off SD doll lottery. At the time (I think it was 2017) the concept of having to win to even get a chance to purchase a 100,000+ yen doll was bizarre so I stayed and people watched. I can't say I paid that much attention to the dolls themselves, though.

Cinnamoron

Signed up for the GL membership so I can have my chance at V! 

Nervous about the lottery, but also thankful since click wars have never gone well for me.  I’ve had a rough year, so I hope Venus can come home. 🙏

@Monty I hope you can win Cecile!  Wishing you luck, since I think you deserve some good doll fortune, too! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1