Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

KingyoNingyo

Custom Dyed Entropy (ver. II)

KingyoNingyo

So I submitted my experiences with dyeing a SmD to Neep's thread in this forum. But in the end I wasn't happy with how everything turned out, so I bought another body and a much larger dye pot so I could do everything at once and make sure it all turned out even.

This time I had to match my pre-dyed head. Thankfully I remembered my dye formula from previous experiments and with a bit of tweaking I got her done this weekend. Today she was reassembled and all dressed up. It's so nice to finally see her as I'd envisioned her! 

Parts list: Cinnamon Entropy head, tea body

Rit DyeMore formula (final version): 1 tsp racing red, 1.4 tsp peacock green, 1/2 tsp frost grey in 10 cups of water.

IMG_20200806_132313_254.jpg

IMG_20200806_131354.jpg

• Like 22

littlecherishdoll

oh my goodness... you did a phenomenal job. This is literally the most beautiful smartdoll i have ever seen. The texture and style of her face-up is incredible... and the body match is flawless. Her styling is lovely, too! She brings back my old love for .hack style character design, but she looks more like a goddess than a game character *w* amazing work!

• Like 2

KingyoNingyo

Oh thank you! I can't take credit for her faceup, that's all @komorebidolls on Instagram! Here's the post they made for Lan: https://www.instagram.com/p/CEFA0OApZGs/

I love .hack's designs as well! I always lovd BlackRose's style <3

Edited by KingyoNingyo
  • Like 2

Panda_Dolliess

Wow! She looks amazing! Just to clarify, is the body dyed too? Or just the head? Either way the match is phenomenal! 

• Like 1

KingyoNingyo
On 8/20/2020 at 8:14 AM, MaKayla_Panda said:

Wow! She looks amazing! Just to clarify, is the body dyed too? Or just the head? Either way the match is phenomenal! 

Yes, her head was cinnamon and the body was tea before they were both dyed. I loved tea in photographs but it was never quite dark enough, even if Danny would have released Entropy in that skin tone. Thank you!

• Like 1

Panda_Dolliess
4 minutes ago, KingyoNingyo said:

Yes, her head was cinnamon and the body was tea before they were both dyed. I loved tea in photographs but it was never quite dark enough, even if Danny would have released Entropy in that skin tone. Thank you!

Wow. You really made a new skin tone! I would be cool if there was an in-between for Tea and Cocoa like there was for between Milk and Tea

• Like 1

Katsudon

Wow, she looks fantastic :3 you actually have me tempted to have a go at dyeing as like @MaKayla_Panda says, a skintone between tea and cocoa is very desirable 😄 and I already have green dye at least for a different project (mwehehe)

Her eyes are so sparkly too ^o^ so awesome

(How hard was it to dye her? Did you have to take the body apart? Or can they mostly all go in at once?)

Edited by Katsudon
  • Like 1

KingyoNingyo
On 8/22/2020 at 5:28 PM, Katsudon said:

(How hard was it to dye her? Did you have to take the body apart? Or can they mostly all go in at once?)

Yeah, I disassembled the body and put all the vinyl pieces into the pot at once, as well as the plastic bits that would be visible - the ankle and wrist joints. The plastic had to stay in far longer than the vinyl to get similar results, because it takes dye more slowly, but in the end I think it turned out okay! XD

PumpKing

She looks stunning! 😍

I've seen a lot of dyed resin dolls, but I didn't realize that dyed vinyls was a possibility too.

• Like 1

weslie

She is really beautiful, the dye work is flawless!!

• Like 1

Karamiah

She's stunning 😍

• Like 1

Wasabi

She looks amazing.
I'm sad that Entropy never got a Tea release.

• Like 1

Kymera

She looks great! Even the joints seem to take the dye really well! Great job!

• Like 1

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09

KingyoNingyo
On 3/13/2022 at 6:56 AM, Wasabi said:

She looks amazing.
I'm sad that Entropy never got a Tea release.

Me too!! That said, I'd buy her in cinnamon all over again.

Eiko82

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! She looks amazing!!

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Vampurrr

Oh my gosh she looks amazing!

The face up and eyes are perfect 😍