Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks USA Hatsune Miku Birthday Event

BeyondTime
  • Like 4

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast

I got really worried that they were going to re-release the special Soda Green and Pearl Pink chair stands, I was gonna lose my mind lmao
A little o|< that they're selling more of her Reboot version but I can't complain about more Miku in the world!

moerunamida

I had just decided no more after considering Miku for awhile now. Oh man, the temptation is real here.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

MagicalRinchan

I'm hoping to find a reasonably priced/non-scalper Rin, so seeing her not available during this event definitely is a bummer and makes me feel all the more sure she's out of stock... 😟

Heshiko

I've never actually bought a limited doll from Volks, but I hear so many horror stories about clickwars and lotteries (not sure if that's just Volks JP?). Anyone have advice for making sure I can get hold of her? Do these limited dolls normally sell out near-instantly on Volks USA? 

Victoria

Not complaining here as I have no funds right now anyway, but why is usually Volks USA holding these cool events and not Volks Int? ;-; I wish these would be available for everyone. 

Edited by Victoria

moerunamida
7 hours ago, Heshiko said:

I've never actually bought a limited doll from Volks, but I hear so many horror stories about clickwars and lotteries (not sure if that's just Volks JP?). Anyone have advice for making sure I can get hold of her? Do these limited dolls normally sell out near-instantly on Volks USA? 

Curious to hear experience here as well. I absolutely do not like the lotteries.

direpoodle
7 hours ago, Heshiko said:

Perhaps someone has better experience here, but I'll tell you what I know anyway. It looks like it will be a clickwar, since theres no mention of lottery period or lottery results announcement date. I imagine Miku will be one of the more popular dolls, but these events in the past I've seen other dolls stay there and not sell out. I've only done one clickwar on the JP site, and got it no problem. I was actually 45 min late, but it wasn't an issue at all (however, she wasn't the most popular, so that's just my experience).

I'd recommend (since Miku is pretty popular), to get there right on time, be signed in already, have all your information ready (credit card, address, etc, so you're not fumbling), and contact your bank ahead of time to make sure the payment will go through. I always get held up when buying, so I have to call my bank to be like "yes, I really am paying this much money, yes it's a real company, etc". If you can deal with that ahead of time, then it'll make it easier. I always hear about the site crashing for clickwars, but I sort of doubt that will happen this time, because they're all rereleases. Just keep checking and refreshing if it does happen.

If it is lottery, then it's the easiest thing, because it's basically out of your hands. You can take as much time as you want really, you don't have to worry about internet connection or rushing. Just enter and wait. I do think it'll be clickwar though.

Hope this helps!!

• Thanks 2

Tokimemofan
19 minutes ago, direpoodle said:

Perhaps someone has better experience here, but I'll tell you what I know anyway. It looks like it will be a clickwar, since theres no mention of lottery period or lottery results announcement date. I imagine Miku will be one of the more popular dolls, but these events in the past I've seen other dolls stay there and not sell out. I've only done one clickwar on the JP site, and got it no problem. I was actually 45 min late, but it wasn't an issue at all (however, she wasn't the most popular, so that's just my experience).

I'd recommend (since Miku is pretty popular), to get there right on time, be signed in already, have all your information ready (credit card, address, etc, so you're not fumbling), and contact your bank ahead of time to make sure the payment will go through. I always get held up when buying, so I have to call my bank to be like "yes, I really am paying this much money, yes it's a real company, etc". If you can deal with that ahead of time, then it'll make it easier. I always hear about the site crashing for clickwars, but I sort of doubt that will happen this time, because they're all rereleases. Just keep checking and refreshing if it does happen.

If it is lottery, then it's the easiest thing, because it's basically out of your hands. You can take as much time as you want really, you don't have to worry about internet connection or rushing. Just enter and wait. I do think it'll be clickwar though.

Hope this helps!!

They usually seem to make enough Mikus to go around. Id click fast if you want any of the others though  

• Thanks 2

Heshiko
1 hour ago, direpoodle said:

Hope this helps!!

That was extremely helpful, thank you! 

50 minutes ago, Tokimemofan said:

They usually seem to make enough Mikus to go around. Id click fast if you want any of the others though  

I am after Miku personally, so I definitely hope you're right!

• Like 1

Yuichan

I wish I would knew a way to get my Hands on them. The fact that stuff like this is always via Volks USA is really a bummer for me @onion2@

Miku, Luka, Len.. it’s so tempting. Sadly I don’t know any Proxy’s or other ways to get them to Germany.

• Sad 1

Bild_2021-06-03_171355.png

OccultBeast

I personally expect Len to sell out the fastest, as he and Rin seem to be pretty rare and have hefty after-market prices.  Not to mention, Len is a DDS Boy Type, which is even harder to come by (especially in the US), as it's an otherwise Dream Choice-exclusive body.

But, this Miku is the Reboot version using the f-3 body, so she may be a little more sought-after compared to the original release.  Plus Sakura Miku seems to be a little more rare as well, not having had as many re-releases as the original Miku (going off the dates listed on the MFC pages for each).

TLDR: I expect Len, then Sakura Miku, then Miku to sell out first.  Not sure where Luka would fall, as she was just for sale again recently in the July event.  I would definitely suggest being ready tomorrow morning if you're hoping to buy any of them!  Best of luck to everyone trying for one! ♥

Miabird24

I'm after miku and the crane priestess set, she'll be my first dollfie! I currently only have smart dolls.

• Like 1

Tokimemofan
8 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

I personally expect Len to sell out the fastest, as he and Rin seem to be pretty rare and have hefty after-market prices.  Not to mention, Len is a DDS Boy Type, which is even harder to come by (especially in the US), as it's an otherwise Dream Choice-exclusive body.

But, this Miku is the Reboot version using the f-3 body, so she may be a little more sought-after compared to the original release.  Plus Sakura Miku seems to be a little more rare as well, not having had as many re-releases as the original Miku (going off the dates listed on the MFC pages for each).

TLDR: I expect Len, then Sakura Miku, then Miku to sell out first.  Not sure where Luka would fall, as she was just for sale again recently in the July event.  I would definitely suggest being ready tomorrow morning if you're hoping to buy any of them!  Best of luck to everyone trying for one! ♥

Luka seems to sell out fairly fast.

• Like 1

OccultBeast
1 minute ago, Tokimemofan said:

Luka seems to sell out fairly fast.

That honestly wouldn't surprise me at all.  Her face is cute as hell, every time I look at her she makes me question my stance of 'Just Miku!'

Heshiko
1 hour ago, OccultBeast said:

I would definitely suggest being ready tomorrow morning if you're hoping to buy any of them!  Best of luck to everyone trying for one! ♥

I may be missing something here... judging by the email I was under the impression they went on sale at 4PM pacific, was I wrong on that interpretation?

Subaru
1 minute ago, Heshiko said:

I may be missing something here... judging by the email I was under the impression they went on sale at 4PM pacific, was I wrong on that interpretation?

The event starts at midnight and will end at 4PM on the 31st.

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

OccultBeast
1 minute ago, Subaru said:

The event starts at midnight and will end at 4PM on the 31st.

Are you certain it's midnight?  Other item drops have been like 10 or 11am, and the email didn't specify, nor do the item listings.

Subaru
1 minute ago, OccultBeast said:

Are you certain it's midnight?  Other item drops have been like 10 or 11am, and the email didn't specify, nor do the item listings.

I'm a 100% certain! The items are on a timer, like the restock and the stand chairs.

• Like 1

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

OccultBeast
Just now, Subaru said:

I'm a 100% certain! The items are on a timer, like the restock and the stand chairs.

🙃 Guess I'm not going to bed on time tonight~  I also assume this is Midnight PT?  That's even later for me... ugh.

Heshiko

Wow, glad I asked! I would have felt pretty dumb tomorrow. 

(Probably still going to feel fairly dumb, actually, since I have to get up early tomorrow... But at least I'll hopefully have a new doll to ease my exhaustion lol)

• Like 2

OccultBeast
4 minutes ago, Heshiko said:

Wow, glad I asked! I would have felt pretty dumb tomorrow. 

(Probably still going to feel fairly dumb, actually, since I have to get up early tomorrow... But at least I'll hopefully have a new doll to ease my exhaustion lol)

Best of luck to you!  I hope one of them is ready to come home to you tomorrow!  It'll definitely be worth it~

• Like 2

moerunamida

Wow, really at midnight PT? That's freaking brutal. I go walking with a neighbor at 6:30AM and I haven't been sleeping already as it is. Dang. 😕:(

• Like 1

Mega Negi
16 hours ago, MagicalRinchan said:

I'm hoping to find a reasonably priced/non-scalper Rin, so seeing her not available during this event definitely is a bummer and makes me feel all the more sure she's out of stock... 😟

her 13th birthday is later this year so keep watching their feed.