Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Victoria

Shoes/Socks for Mochi-Ashi

Victoria

Hi everyone,

I'd like to get a few things for my future Mochi Ashi girl and I'm wondering which shoes and socks I could buy for her? I have read somewhere MDD shoes don't fit? o.o"

BeyondTime
23 hours ago, Victoria said:

I have read somewhere MDD shoes don't fit? o.o"

I would look for MDD shoes that stipulate MDD Mochi Ashi.

They did release a pair of SD sized shoes that fit Mochi Ashi, but I really want to see owner photos of a Mochi Ashi in those shoes before saying that they really worked. The sizing just seems like it would be all wrong, and Volks does sometimes seem to call out shoe fits that really look wrong. 

Somewhere around here is a photo of a DD wearing a pair of high top sneakers for SD17 that Volks said fit DD, and I’m here to tell you Ronald McDonald’s shoes are more appropriately sized than those were.

• Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

20blackbags

I've noticed that when you refresh the page for the Mochi Ashi body it will give recomendations for shoes, and clothes that fit.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992430454.html

It says "custmers who looked at this also looked at and gives a list of clothes". I clicked on some of them, and they have compatable with Mdd (rice cake). 

Unfortunatly we wont know what achualy fits unless someone has the Mochi Ashi, and one of the shoes they recomend. 

Screenshot - 8_29_2020 , 5_58_34 AM.png

Screenshot - 8_29_2020 , 6_00_22 AM.png

Screenshot - 8_29_2020 , 5_50_47 AM.png

BeyondTime

It looks like they have a page for stuff that fits Mochi Ashi. 

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_200828_SP_MOCHI/

I would use a lot of caution with the SD shoes. It may be that Mochi Ashi ankles will fit those shoes, but I am pretty sure that SD shoes are going to look clownish on an MDD sized doll. SD shoes will fit a 60cm SD16. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Galvatim

I can't believe Volks is implying that the SB-SD-241 shoes fit Mochi Ashi.  They look like giant clown shoes on DD.  Sure they will go over the feet, and stay on, but it looks bad on DD.  

You could get that early giant shoes Kingdom Hearts look with them.  

48936512413_94fbce7708_c.jpg

• Like 2

BeyondTime
33 minutes ago, Galvatim said:

I can't believe Volks is implying that the SB-SD-241 shoes fit Mochi Ashi.  They look like giant clown shoes on DD.  Sure they will go over the feet, and stay on, but it looks bad on DD.  

There is the picture I was thinking of earlier in the thread. XD

And that DD is probably at least three or four inches taller than an MDD.

It's possible that what Volks means about SD shoes on MDD Mochi Ashi is something more along the lines of "If you want to do this, then you can do it."

Ultimately it's up to the owner to define the look for the doll, and maybe the owner wants something off the beaten path. I'm just wanting to make sure that folks understand that the look is going to be atypical; if you are going for the typical aesthetic.

Galvatim
57 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

There is the picture I was thinking of earlier in the thread. XD

And that DD is probably at least three or four inches taller than an MDD.

It's possible that what Volks means about SD shoes on MDD Mochi Ashi is something more along the lines of "If you want to do this, then you can do it."

Ultimately it's up to the owner to define the look for the doll, and maybe the owner wants something off the beaten path. I'm just wanting to make sure that folks understand that the look is going to be atypical; if you are going for the typical aesthetic.

It's certainly an option.  

50282886497_b0ee27a835_c.jpg

This is on a DDP, as I don't have a Mochi Ashi.  Like I said, you can get that early Kingdom Hearts giant shoe look.  So it is a valid option, depending on the look you're going for.  

50282727481_1a747b40b5_c.jpg

50282048643_a5f2f419c8_c.jpg

The pink sneakers fit DDS, in part due to the zippers on the back.  I haven't tried putting the black ones on DDS, but I bet they'd fit.  Of course, these shoes need to fit DDP or MDD feet with socks, so the sizing is necessary.  

50282925272_ffc772232c_c.jpg

No way you'd get these shoes on DDS with socks, but you can do it.  

• Like 2

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Galvatim said:

So it is a valid option, depending on the look you're going for.

A doll is basically a model of a human being, and ideally you want to be able to build that model the way you want. In my head I’m always approaching it from the standpoint of dressing up my favorite game and anime characters in street clothing. Of course, my way of approaching it isn’t the only valid way.

It all started with me dressing Battle-Android Kos-Mos in a school girl uniform, and before I knew it I wanted blue wigs and more outfits. 

I think your DDP photo in those shoes drives home what may make Mochi Ashi a better fit for those than DDP; the DDP has slim ankles that get lost in those high tops, and I doubt she is as stable in them as she would be in shoes that fit her calves properly. Mochi Ashi, with their chubby legs and “rice cake feet”, may not have that issue.

I’d really like to see someone add some owner photos of a Mochi Ashi in SD shoes here. 

2 hours ago, Galvatim said:

Of course, these shoes need to fit DDP or MDD feet with socks, so the sizing is necessary.

I think there is also an element of getting the shoes on hard vinyl / resin feet too. I have SD shoes that I struggle to get on DD feet, but once they are on they still look too big. We can flex our feet and bunch up our toes as we put shoes on, and a doll can’t do that. 

1 hour ago, littlecherishdoll said:

I have seen @BonBoop post adorable pics of MDD MochiAshi Mayumi in shoes from 9style, specifically these I think!

I’ve ordered a lot of stuff from Nine9Style, and they make nice things. They’re one of my favorite doll clothing shops. 

GremlinBonDD
On 8/29/2020 at 2:04 PM, littlecherishdoll said:

I have seen @BonBoop post adorable pics of MDD MochiAshi Mayumi in shoes from 9style, specifically these I think! I ordered a different pair of sneakers from 9style a little while ago, when my girl comes in, I'll try them out!!

Thanks for mentioning me! 
My mochi ashi is in fact wearing those pairs of Nine9Style shoes. I haven’t tried any of their other shoes, but the Velcro sneakers fit the mochi ashi feet pretty well! 

spacer.png

• Like 5

Cydril

I can confirm Glitter Girls shoes are slightly too small. I was able to make the sneakers work by putting a cotton ball in the back and not pushing the back of her foot completely down into the shoe (so she wearing them a but like heels), but the boots were a no go. The obitsu 40/50 shoes I tried were also too narrow.

Edited by Cydril

Selenae

I am seriously considering buying a pair of Mochi-Ashi feet solely for the purpose of trying shoes on. Might be a wise decision on my end, since I'm fairly certain none of the MSD-sized shoes I have now will fit Mochi-Ashi feet.

Edited by Selenae

killerdolls

I'm about to get a mochi ashi body  (tomorrow in fact) and was wondering this very question thankfully I have loads of msd sized shoes to experiment with 

Cydril
On 10/26/2020 at 1:38 PM, Cydril said:

I can confirm Glitter Girls shoes are slightly too small. I was able to make the sneakers work by putting a cotton ball in the back and not pushing the back of her foot completely down into the shoe (so she wearing them a but like heels), but the boots were a no go. The obitsu 40/50 shoes I tried were also too narrow.

Tried a new pair of glitter girls shoes (silver flats) They fit perfectly without socks :)

ChrisFhey
On 9/4/2020 at 3:28 AM, BonBoop said:

Thanks for mentioning me! 
My mochi ashi is in fact wearing those pairs of Nine9Style shoes. I haven’t tried any of their other shoes, but the Velcro sneakers fit the mochi ashi feet pretty well! 

spacer.png

I've got a Mochi Ashi coming in soon as well, and I was wondering where those thigh high socks are from, as I was hoping to get some that fit mine, too.

GremlinBonDD
1 hour ago, ChrisFhey said:

I've got a Mochi Ashi coming in soon as well, and I was wondering where those thigh high socks are from, as I was hoping to get some that fit mine, too.

Unfortunately I had gotten these socks by complete chance- they came with an outfit that I purchased for one of my other MDDs. I do suggest looking on taobao though, a lot of my stretchy socks have come through outfits on there. 

ChrisFhey

Ah, I see. I suppose it'll be some trial-and-error then.

Thank you for letting me know, though. :)

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, marionbearmaker said:

Hi, do you think these have a chance to fit on Moschi-ashi feet? 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/677470763/bjd-sneakers-for-msd-mdd-40cm-14-doll?ref=hp_rf-3

Height : 3.5cm
Length : 7cm
Heel of Height : 1cm

I really love these ones and they seem big for MSD size?

With Mochi-Ashi I am pretty sure you have to worry about the width of the foot too.

marionbearmaker

Thanks, I found info on Hachi's facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=HachiP111&set=a.3731230946942778

You are right, the width is very different with this rounded top part. Thanks again, I didn't order the msd ones, I chose a SD model in another shop, I'll let you all know how they fit :).

https://www.etsy.com/listing/906487590/high-top-pastel-color-sneakers-for-bjd?ref=shop_home_recs_1&crt=1

BeyondTime
On 6/21/2021 at 8:08 AM, marionbearmaker said:

Rice Cake Foot indeed. 😄

That comparison is an excellent find.

• Like 1

ChrisFhey

I was considering cheating and putting a regular MDD foot on my Mochi-ashi if I can't find any shoes that fit her rice cake feet. 😄

Courtmom
On 6/25/2021 at 10:00 AM, ChrisFhey said:

I was considering cheating and putting a regular MDD foot on my Mochi-ashi if I can't find any shoes that fit her rice cake feet. 😄

I was just thinking the same thing! I wonder how it might change the proportions though!

ChrisFhey
10 hours ago, Courtmom said:

I was just thinking the same thing! I wonder how it might change the proportions though!

From what I've heard people who've done it say: It looks a bit silly when your girl isn't wearing shoes, but you don't see it much when she does.