Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks News 89

BeyondTime

Volks has announced a delay of the publication of Volks News 89. It will be published at the end of September instead of the middle of September.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/blog/2020/09/04/002866.html

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Adele

Thank you for the update! I was just thinking how we should be getting another news edition soon. I would imagine we would still see the September collection release soon though? 

BeyondTime
12 minutes ago, Adele said:

I would imagine we would still see the September collection release soon though?

Yeah, we won’t get to see September outfits ahead of the collection launch online, unless they delay that too  

Please Volks, make stuff I hate for September / October. I’ve spent way too much money on outfits from the Dolpa. XD

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Poofiemus
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Yeah, we won’t get to see September outfits ahead of the collection launch online, unless they delay that too  

Please Volks, make stuff I hate for September / October. I’ve spent way too much money on outfits from the Dolpa. XD

God, same. Outfits and a body over here, plus I need to order materials to make a tail for one of my girls, and that fabric alone is like $25 a yard. Dolly budget is nearing deficit status, please let this release be something boring like rereleases of stuff I never cared about.

. . . though if I do cave for something in September or October collections I might also turn that into a big order of hands. My crew is outgrowing my current hand supply.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

lardroom

This year is already going to be expensive between doll things and new released of unnecessary time wasters that are also being released at the end of the year - PS5, new high end graphics card, maybe even a Switch Pro...

I need to stop myself from buying any clothes that I just think look neat. I already have too many unopened clothing sets that I haven't had the time to place on Toobs.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Poofiemus said:

God, same. Outfits and a body over here, plus I need to order materials to make a tail for one of my girls, and that fabric alone is like $25 a yard.

13 Outfits, and a SWS M-Bust unitorso for Takane, and a blank head I’m stealing a head cap off of for one of my DDII girls. 

Lots of great stuff like outfits with DDP sized shorts and a pair of DDS sized athletic outfits to spoil Makoto with.

On top of that there are 5 - 7 pairs of shoes and 2 - 4 outfits I’m waiting for the Volks USA after event to get. 

What did me in was 7 Tenshi-no-Koromo outfits, all of which have huge mix and match potential, and I liked the Sucré outfits too.

DesertPhantom51
1 hour ago, lardroom said:

I need to stop myself from buying any clothes that I just think look neat. I already have too many unopened clothing sets that I haven't had the time to place on Toobs.

This is why I started the whole monthly outfit thing, I have dozens of outfits that I've never even opened, let alone put on my girls.  I needed a limit.  That said, I always seem to find something in each Volks News I need.

• Like 2

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, DesertPhantom51 said:

This is why I started the whole monthly outfit thing

I now suspect @baldylox has a bi-weekly doll rule. 🤣

• Like 1

Pit
7 hours ago, lardroom said:

This year is already going to be expensive between doll things and new released of unnecessary time wasters that are also being released at the end of the year - PS5, new high end graphics card, maybe even a Switch Pro...

I suggest you wait around a year to get a PS5 since the first models could have issues. Even with its warranty, it could save your money and time to invest in other things. 

Aside from that, I agree all these volks outfits news are gonna hurt my wallet. Just checking the website, I found 4 outfits I need for a total or 200 - 300 dls. I REALLY NEED TO STAHP!!! 

Edited by Pit
  • Like 2

Monty

I wonder what Corona has affected - the printing? I know some smaller printing companies have been forced to close, meaning customers who usually use them are having to go to others, so it could be that the one Volks uses is severely backed up. Or it could be production issues for the September collection items themselves. They mentioned events, and while there shouldn’t be anything major in this issue, there is the mado halloween fair (and always the chance of some other VIP event being announced) so maybe anything involving written dates is a bit complicated at the moment. I appreciate them letting us know about the delay early though.

I was just wondering when the countdown for this years preorder project would start (if they were doing a countdown this time anyway), since last year it started on the Monday before the Friday reveal - so I was expecting it to start this upcoming Monday. Now I don’t know anymore, but I’m excited for the reveal when it comes.

Edited by Monty

BeyondTime
36 minutes ago, Monty said:

I was just wondering when the countdown for this years preorder project would start (if they were doing a countdown this time anyway)

I’ve been thinking about that as well. The pre-orders would be expected to be in this Volks News, wouldn’t they?

Monty
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I’ve been thinking about that as well. The pre-orders would be expected to be in this Volks News, wouldn’t they?

Provided there’s no unforeseen circumstances, yes. Whether or not we get a countdown seems to depend on the whims of the license holder though - ie Square Enix didn’t allow it with Nier because they wanted the official reveal of the dolls at the orchestra event. 

But I’ll save my theories and speculation for when there’s a thread about the countdown (if we get one), it’s mostly a mystery for me though. 

Looking forward to the September collection, but I have a figure preorder to pay off in October so I hope it’s not too exciting. 

BeyondTime
26 minutes ago, Monty said:

Whether or not we get a countdown seems to depend on the whims of the license holder though - ie Square Enix didn’t allow it with Nier because they wanted the official reveal of the dolls at the orchestra event.

Well, in person events are unlikely this year so it makes sense for them to do some sort of online event.

Cinnamoron

It’s not surprising to see Volks News being delayed.  Everything has been pushed back and rearranged this year due to Covid.  I’m sure they are still recovering from having to replan multiple events...

On a lighter note:  anyone want to start guessing what the next preorder will be?  More FGO or idolm@ster perhaps?  Or something completely unexpected?  

((Am I misremembering, or didn’t Volks do a vote for favorite Fate character a while ago???? ))

foo
7 minutes ago, Cinnamoron said:

On a lighter note:  anyone want to start guessing what the next preorder will be?

61200983_RiderSakura.jpg.1a5b361751ae432aeb12b04436d222f8.jpg

• Like 1

Cinnamoron

Honestly, the dream team *A*

I regret not buying Sakura when she was available a decade(!?!) ago.

(I can’t believe it’s been that long...but I think her release was 2010, right?)

BeyondTime
35 minutes ago, foo said:

61200983_RiderSakura.jpg.1a5b361751ae432aeb12b04436d222f8.jpg

My first though was Sakura, but they did Fate last year, so while I wouldn’t complain if it was her, I kind of doubt it. She really needs a re-issue though. Maybe Christmas if they do what they did with Rin V2 and release a BotB runner up.  

iM@S would make some sense, it’s been so long since they issued a new iM@S character I’ve started to wonder if they are done with iM@S releases.  

My secret hope is still YRP from FF X-2 , or LiPPS but my wallet would shatter. 

Eiko82

VERY wishful thinking but I'm still hoping for a Persona 5 Dollfie. Girl can dream, right? 

Living at my place: Rise (DD Rise Kujikawa), Chie (Smart Doll Mirai) and Aisha (Smart Doll Kurenai)

Ylse

Secretly hoping they bring Saber alter out in semi-white since the white skin is discontinued 🤐 But I don't think they will do Fate or FGO 2 years in a row 😅

A Persona 5 girl would be nice too~ 

I was hoping for some news on the pre-order project soon haha 😬

baldylox
17 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I now suspect @baldylox has a bi-weekly doll rule. 🤣

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this but I definitely do not have any outfits that haven't been worn yet.  With as many girls as I have now, it's hard to make sure they don't wear similar outfits 2 or 3 times in a row.  Mixing and matching does help a lot tho as I try and keep things fresh for them by changing up setups and outfit sets from their defaults.

I also try to keep certain styles with certain girls so choosing clothes for them is a bit easier.  Like some girls prefer the Mori look while others prefer sporty/athletic looks and others choose super cute pastel looks and just plain casual.

I'm always on the hunt for new outfits and clothing bits tho so I make sure to look at every new Volks releases.  Recently I haven't seen many things that jump out at me or look different enough from what I already have to make me want them or try for them.  And with  my lottery win rate as of late, my chances are crap anyway so the aftermarket and going thru friends is the way I've been getting things I like and want for the little ladies.  :) 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this

A new doll every two weeks. It was an attempt at a humorous play on "an outfit a month."

Edit: I think your actual average is more along the lines of a doll a month, but presumably you've had slow periods and fast periods.

Edit 2: Just calculated my own and it's about 1 every 6 weeks. XD

I know most of them were in the first 3 years though. I've slowed down to 2 - 4  a year now.

• Like 1

baldylox
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

A new doll every two weeks. It was an attempt at a humorous play on "an outfit a month."

Edit: I think your actual average is more along the lines of a doll a month, but presumably you've had slow periods and fast periods.

Edit 2: Just calculated my own and it's about 1 every 6 weeks. XD

I know most of them were in the first 3 years though. I've slowed down to 2 - 4  a year now.

Ahh, I thought we were talking about clothing and the timing of swapping outfits or something.  I was confused at best.  :)

I've definitely had ups and downs when adopting dolls but I'm not sure what year was the most prolific for them.  I'll have to check my records and see.  😉 

Wow, one every 6 weeks huh?  NOW who's on a spiral?  😄 

I've really tried to slow my adoptions and only focus on getting clothing and shoes but we all know how long THAT lasted.  

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
10 minutes ago, baldylox said:

Wow, one every 6 weeks huh?  NOW who's on a spiral?  😄 

I've really tried to slow my adoptions and only focus on getting clothing and shoes but we all know how long THAT lasted. 

That was probably between 2015 and 2017. Mostly due to my wanting a lot of limited dolls that we're only on the aftermarket at that point. Last few years it's slowed to a few a year, and I am trying to focus more on outfits and shoes. I bought three outfits just for Makoto Kikuchi in this last event.

My current intention is limit myself to only getting dolls from the following series:

iDOLM@STER

Sailor Moon

Frozen / Beauty and the Beast (If they make them.)

The occasional FATE doll.

Square Enix game characters (if they make characters I liked.)

I have a few customs I want to make too.

I'd be happy any if the above dropped with Volks News 89 as this years pre-order.

• Like 1

Adele

I know that the news was postponed, but I’m surprised we haven’t seen anything about the launch of the September collection yet since we are running out of September 😅 Unless there isn’t going to be one this year? 

Cinnamoron

Volks announced on Twitter that the news would ship on the 28th.  So we should see scans of everything early next week.  Because they are having to ship all the dolls from HT Dolpa 15, I feel like everything got delayed.  The blog lists some of the upcoming items previewed in news as the MDD preorder, DD Gathering, and October outfit collection.