Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks News 89

Beani

The princess pannier sold out in record time at the shop today so I kinda regretted making the effort of going to the store. Until I got the cat outfit on Ram and now it was totally worth the trip. 

Glad to hear people could secure what they wanted this round!

50445722142_23926a6699_c.jpgUntitled by Beani F, on Flickr

Edited by Beani
  • Like 5

Victoria

Awwwww, Ram looks absolutely adorable in it!!! ❤🥰

I can hardly wait for my set to arrive. Seems like I was so tired that I accidently bought these plush bustier/pants as well, tho. I really dislike them. Not sure what I was doing at 3am LOL 

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Beani said:

The princess pannier sold out in record time at the shop today so I kinda regretted making the effort of going to the store.

I was able to get if from the online store without any trouble when the event went live. They do have a thing where they do free shipping if you ship directly to a Volks store.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic

I ended up caving and buying the DDH16 head from Volks USA after all...almost brought 2 because I was in a panic about what skin color I wanted because I couldn't make up my mind what character they were for, but I ended up going with semi-white for my white dragon prince boy. I really wanted a boy body for him, but I think I'll settle for a DDS with super-small bust for now. I have too many things I want from Doll Point already, and idk what time of year we're even going to Japan yet.

I'm also just going to wait until the Oct collection comes to the USA store; besides less shipping, we should also have more info on the Frozen release by then so I should have more of a plan on how I'm going to handle that $.

mayaiincho
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I was able to get if from the online store without any trouble when the event went live. They do have a thing where they do free shipping if you ship directly to a Volks store.

I freaking overslept and missed it. I'm so freaking angry right now. I do how they get a restock. I need it to complete my battle wedding dress set :)

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

BeyondTime
23 minutes ago, mayaiincho said:

I freaking overslept and missed it.

I would put in a restock notification. They may restock it again with leftovers from the stores, but it may be without any warning.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Beani
6 hours ago, Victoria said:

Awwwww, Ram looks absolutely adorable in it!!! ❤🥰

I can hardly wait for my set to arrive. Seems like I was so tired that I accidently bought these plush bustier/pants as well, tho. I really dislike them. Not sure what I was doing at 3am LOL 

Thank you! It’s funny in a way that you defaulted to the plush pants set when tired. I don’t like that set either but maybe it will look fine in person? Strangely they didn’t have this cat set on a doll at Doll Point so I didn’t see the pants set at all. 

5 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Yeah I know I could have purchased online but I had wanted the item for Halloween so it wouldn’t be available for pickup in time. After seeing it in person I also figured I couldn’t justify the price anymore. I wouldn’t use it enough and it wasn’t as pretty as I expected (I probably just thought that as a way to be less annoyed at how few they had though. If they had even 20-30 available I would be amazed). I guess I was lucky it sold out so I could rethink things before the online release. Looking forward to seeing what others do with it though.

The other items that sold out while I was waiting was the pink mini pannier, the veil set and the black nun dress. That last one surprised me, didn’t think it would go quick. 

Edited by Beani

BeyondTime
21 minutes ago, Beani said:

The other items that sold out while I was waiting was the pink mini pannier <snip>

That doesn't surprise me. XD

The Pompon skirts are so super popular I am not at all surprised that an MDD version flew off the shelves. I grabbed the white one for Iori, and if they make a black one I'll grab that for Yayoi.

My expectation is that we will see plenty of outfits that work with the Pompons in the future. The Ayakashi-no-Kimono set, the Saintly Girl set, and the White Lily set all seem to be cut for use with the Princess Pompon. I suspect we will see Princess Pompon in black before too long.

I'm sort of hoping we see more stuff with a similar concept in the future.

Beani

@BeyondTime Yeah any poms selling out is no surprise though the white one actually lasted until I just got in. If anything, it lasting that long was the surprise. 

I hope they do keep releasing poms and matching dresses to use with them. Perhaps part of my final hesitation with the Princess Pom is that my Pink Pom has been used once with the dress I bought with it and never again. Pink isn’t as flexible as white of course, but I haven’t seen a huge amount of stuff that would work well with the normal Poms since release that I actually like. I did buy the white corset this time in the hopes I could use that with the Pom and other shirts to get more use out of it. I like that they are releasing more and more items we can mix and match with.  

• Like 1

Beani

Sorry for double posting but figured I’d put some pics of the Princess Pom on display here. 

F7323C36-DE18-4AAA-B38B-9733B6755214.jpeg

144F969D-EC24-465E-99BD-E0E59BA2A51A.jpeg

E8C46BB1-3CE5-463B-B330-1835C7958251.jpeg

• Like 4

littlecherishdoll

Thanks for letting me know about the restock!!! I missed the click war on Friday night and only ended up getting some of what I wanted 😕 But... the kitty outfit restocked! And the rock sw deka hands! If you missed something, definitely check again, I'm so happy I was able to snag everything I had my eye on!

Gallye

All the mini-sized pompon skirts are currently in stock in Japan! Actually, a lot of things are still there. Except the ones I'm actually interested in. 😅

Lynn

I forgot this event entirely... Lucky me, the things I wanted were still in stock.

hellFlower

Got a shipping notice an hour ago. I ordered only 5 minutes after the event started if anyone is interested in a timeframe.

I thought it would take longer, given the contents of my order. Guess I'll see my package Monday! I'm getting too used to DHL...

hellFlower

Sorry for the double post, but my order came in! Here's what the new body stockings look like on the mochi-ashi and DDS bodies:

Spoiler

50535607831_65653f5975_c.jpg

50535607951_021f2097e8_c.jpg

And here they are under clothes:

50535607891_2923e07a25_c.jpg

50534888588_f7c9ce94dc_c.jpg

gotta love a sailor uniform

These bodysuits are real nice! The edges of the fabric aren't finished, so the seams lay down real nice and flat then the suit is worn. Hiding the edges of the suit under the head and in the wrist also works pretty well, though I haven't quite figured out how to do it properly yet. The DD suit is a little loose in the torso area on the DDS body, but I am using a SS bust, and comparing it to the standard M bust it seems a quite a bit smaller, not just in the boobs, but the whole overall size too.

I'm not sure why Volks doesn't list the MDD bodysuit as being mochi-ashi compatible because it 100% is. There's plenty of room left in the stocking, and putting it on wasn't hard at all. It's not tight around her waist, but the DD suit on the DDS body isn't either.

Both outfits I bought do fit my Obitsu body too, but they belong to Karin now. Who is by the way, very cute and absolutely precious. My only regret is that I should've bought her sooner, lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

mayaiincho

Sigh... After checking every hour for 2-3 weeks the pannier is finally marked as sold out... Freaking over slept that night. OMG I'm pretty damn angry >.<

• Sad 1

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

BeyondTime

Got my shipping notice for the items that were expected to ship in November. 

Veravey
4 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Got my shipping notice for the items that were expected to ship in November. 

Can't wait to see photos of your new items <3 I love your photos, you certainly know how to use your camera!

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Orenjiina

I got a shipping notice for my items too! I got a DDH-22 head and I’m going to try customizing for the first time!

• Like 2

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, Veravey said:

Can't wait to see photos of your new items <3 I love your photos, you certainly know how to use your camera!

I’m going to have to see how the wedding set works on Makoto Kikuchi. I’ve always though she would be cute in a wedding dress, but she needed one that isn’t too frilly. I’m a bit worried that the Princess Pompon will be too long for DDS, although some SD16 heels may make up for that. 

Veravey
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I’m a bit worried that the Princess Panier will be too long for DDS

A long dress with hidden feet can look very pretty sometimes, too <3 like when they're standing in snow, grass, or leaves and you can't see the feet. And Makoto would stand out so much in a dress, especially a wedding one! It would really bring out her feminine face. 

BeyondTime
45 minutes ago, Veravey said:

A long dress with hidden feet can look very pretty sometimes, too <3 like when they're standing in snow, grass, or leaves and you can't see the feet.

Oh, agreed.

It’s not the front of that particular Pompon that should be an issue. I’m more worried that the back won’t fall correctly if it’s too long. It’s an item that lists fit up to SD17B, and even if the length was sized for an SD16 the height difference between SD16 & DDS is large. 

Veravey
4 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I’m more worried that the back won’t fall correctly

I'm seeing what you mean now, I hadn't looked at the images in a couple weeks and forgot it was open at the front! The blue might look lovely on Makoto though :) I'm guessing this is the wedding dress with the blue embroidery? I was leafing through the Twitter links in this thread and I wasn't sure if I was looking at the right dress.

BeyondTime
36 minutes ago, Veravey said:

I'm guessing this is the wedding dress with the blue embroidery?

Yes, the one in the images on the Princess Pompon page.