Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ButtonsMcGee

Making Shura

BeyondTime
28 minutes ago, ButtonsMcGee said:

The cameras don't catch a lot of what was there.

I've experienced that before with trying to photo stains. I wanted to show off before and after photos of the stain removal on my Yukiho Hagiwara, and I just couldn't get the extent of the stains to show on the image.

I've had the BP cream on it for six hours now and it does seem to be slowly but surely working.

But this will be the 3rd 3-hour treatment for her today. I plan on basically just doing this for the next week straight to see if it helps.

In my experience it can take weeks or months if the staining is really bad. I haven't done the BP cream method, but I would caution against overdoing it. You can permanently damage the vinyl if the application of stain removers is too aggressive. I've also found that sometimes if the cream seems to no longer be working on the stain, then stop for a few weeks before trying again. I don't know all the chemistry aspects of it, but I have found that it works as a way to reset the efficacy of the treatment. The upside is you can have fun with her while she isn't being treated.

Otherwise there was an entire layer of light black/blue down her legs which I'm assuming where from her pants. 

That type of stain is the worst to deal with due to the effort involved. One suggestion there would be to pick an area and work on that area until it's clean. I've had to do that before with stains that cover a part, and although it takes longer it's easier to manage it. The drawback is your expensive doll is a paperweight until she's fixed and it significantly extends the time.

No no, I totally appreciate it. Honestly if our shitty phone cameras could actually catch the problems, I would have posted photos in a heart beat.

Ok, thanks. I wanted to be sure I wasn't being overbearing about it.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ButtonsMcGee
22 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I've experienced that before with trying to photo stains. I wanted to show off before and after photos of the stain removal on my Yukiho Hagiwara, and I just couldn't get the extent of the stains to show on the image.

In my experience it can take weeks or months if the staining is really bad. I haven't done the BP cream method, but I would caution against overdoing it. You can permanently damage the vinyl if the application of stain removers is too aggressive. I've also found that sometimes if the cream seems to no longer be working on the stain, then stop for a few weeks before trying again. I don't know all the chemistry aspects of it, but I have found that it works as a way to reset the efficacy of the treatment. The upside is you can have fun with her while she isn't being treated.

That type of stain is the worst to deal with due to the effort involved. One suggestion there would be to pick an area and work on that area until it's clean. I've had to do that before with stains that cover a part, and although it takes longer it's easier to manage it. The drawback is your expensive doll is a paperweight until she's fixed and it significantly extends the time.

Ok, thanks. I wanted to be sure I wasn't being overbearing about it.

This is all really good to know. At this point I am doing the thing where I'm picking a spot to focus on. I'm working on her legs overall, but mostly just the upper leg/thigh portion. Then once I do that for a few days, I'll switch to the lower legs so that I don't damage her like you said. I'll be careful. 

but yeah. Her being a paperweight has been a bit of an issue. But now that I've got the secondary head for her, once my paints from Volks come in I can at least work on her face-up and stuff while she's being treated. 

Oh no, you aren't. Honestly I really REALLY appreciate how helpful you've been and are trying to be. It's really nice to see someone showing such genuine kindness. I'm not really used to that. So don't worry, you're not being overbearing. I appreciate you.

BeyondTime
44 minutes ago, ButtonsMcGee said:

I'm not really used to that.

Thank you, honestly you’ll find a lot of that here. The culture on this forum is like that. Hopefully Baldylox will have some additional tips that will help. He’s bought a lot of rescue dolls and restored them.  

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ButtonsMcGee
On 9/18/2020 at 11:05 PM, BeyondTime said:

Thank you, honestly you’ll find a lot of that here. The culture on this forum is like that. Hopefully Baldylox will have some additional tips that will help. He’s bought a lot of rescue dolls and restored them.  

So good news! The BP cream DOES seem to be slowly but surely working. I'm sure that after about two more days of this treatment, the stains will either be gone or hardly noticable. So we finally found something that works. Still just working on the legs for right now. The feet will take longer, and the staining on the hands might as well. But there are two TINY stains on the arms that are hardly noticeable so those should come off after just one treatment, I think.

• Like 1