Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

Beast's Photo Hoard

OccultBeast

Hope no one minds, but I decided to put some of my photos here because I'm angry that Instagram is always destroying the quality!
I'll just put some of my favourites for now~  I've only got one girl (so far...), so I hope you don't mind looking at my Miku-chan!
Also I automatically watermark my images for my Insta so pls just ignore that 🙏

mikuDD-1.png.75ca2c6089c654da176840747ccdbaf7.png

ohayou-2b.jpg.017d0996189631123b2269de3f23b78b.jpg

mikuchan-1.png.c975de3c3bec085b338ff381ac777296.png

happybirthdaymiku-3.jpg.550b3624b51fbf05fad27a60e1eab2f2.jpg

happybirthdaymiku-2.jpg.ac2a8e190d25dc34e8c819f1f27fd48b.jpg

chairstand-1.png.6cdaff1494d63d7eb0b45c80424058c8.png

[ I N F O ]

Camera: Nikon D3300 + Nikkor 50mm 1.8 lens
Editing: Adobe Lightroom 5 + Photoshop CS6
Miku-chan is an original (DDIII) Hatsune Miku Dollfie Dream
I switched her to Deka (Large) DD Hands
Both aftermarket eyes are by @jadepixel! ♥

Edited by OccultBeast
  • Like 13

BeyondTime

And I’m sure once you were done Miku wanted to know why the camera wasn’t pointed at her any longer. 

• Haha 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

And I’m sure once you were done Miku wanted to know why the camera wasn’t pointed at her any longer. 

😂  Too true!  I've finally admitted defeat and just leave the camera right on the desk beside her.  Now she's constantly judging me for not picking it up...  😶💦

• Like 1

baldylox

Yay!  Another Miku appears!  It seems the Miku Replicator has been working very hard lately, what with all the new ones popping up here!  😉  Congrats on your girl, your photos make her look beautiful!  <3 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

Yay!  Another Miku appears!  It seems the Miku Replicator has been working very hard lately, what with all the new ones popping up here!  😉  Congrats on your girl, your photos make her look beautiful!  <3 

Billy

Thank you~!  She's been with me since May, and I can't believe how much money she's already made me spend...! 😳  She had to have the Hatsune Miku™ carrying case, and then three new sets of hands, plus a new bust, and a new casual outfit, and two stands, plus a chair stand, the Senbonzakura outfit, and then three new wigs and another outfit with matching shoes!  Recently she saw me pre-order a Magical Mirai 2020 Happi for myself, so I think she's expecting a matching one for her in the future, as well...

She's definitely a beautiful model, so I just want to take more and more photos of her! 💙

baldylox
21 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

Thank you~!  She's been with me since May, and I can't believe how much money she's already made me spend...! 😳  She had to have the Hatsune Miku™ carrying case, and then three new sets of hands, plus a new bust, and a new casual outfit, and two stands, plus a chair stand, the Senbonzakura outfit, and then three new wigs and another outfit with matching shoes!  Recently she saw me pre-order a Magical Mirai 2020 Happi for myself, so I think she's expecting a matching one for her in the future, as well...

She's definitely a beautiful model, so I just want to take more and more photos of her! 💙

WOW!  And here I thought I had already spoiled my Miku with some outfits upon her arrival!  You've definitely been taking GREAT care of yours!  😄  But has she demanded these things or are you just being like the rest of us and showering her with gifts because she's too cute not to spoil rotten?  😉  Either way that's great that you've taken such good care of her so far and you both seem to be having tons of fun.  That's what it's all about!

Feel free to spam away with as many pics of her as you want to.  I doubt anyone here would complain.  <3 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

OccultBeast
On 9/10/2020 at 6:17 PM, baldylox said:

But has she demanded these things or are you just being like the rest of us and showering her with gifts because she's too cute not to spoil rotten? 

🙃💦 I refuse to face the truth!  You can't make me!

I spent time fixing Miku-chan's wig today so I took a few photos of her; this was my favourite one!

MikuLINE.png.d47bac67c805f9ab5d2a07d278515242.png

I actually used two photos for this image, one where the background was lit with a desk light, and one where only Miku was lit from the front (via my ceiling light).  I merged the two together so Miku was more well-lit, and I think it worked pretty well for just a quick photo taken on my desk!  There's still a lot of... noise? I guess? especially around her face, but that's probably thanks to upping the exposure in Lightroom.

I'd love to take some better natural-lighting photos of her, but it's been dreary most days so I haven't had the chance.  My office is too much of a mess to set up anything with my studio lights, too. o|<

• Like 4

Veravey

I love the editing in this last one! Her photo pops so much, and I feel like it really suits the Miku culture since she's all bubbly usually.

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

OccultBeast
30 minutes ago, Veravey said:

I love the editing in this last one! Her photo pops so much, and I feel like it really suits the Miku culture since she's all bubbly usually.

Thank you!  I've been really in love with painting on white details lately, both in photos and in my digital art, so I couldn't resist.  I really need to take more photos of her, but have been distracted by other things.  She's still staring at me expectantly every day, though.  Watching.  Waiting...

Veravey
3 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

Thank you!  I've been really in love with painting on white details lately, both in photos and in my digital art, so I couldn't resist.  I really need to take more photos of her, but have been distracted by other things.  She's still staring at me expectantly every day, though.  Watching.  Waiting...

She's being perfectly patient, I'm sure (´∀`;) she's not the type to plot, right? Right...?

But in all seriousness, I love what you're practicing with editing and look forward to seeing more in the future!

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

OccultBeast

I dug my two BJD boys out (mostly because I wanted to hold my LittleFee!) and took a few photos of them today.  I've gotten so used to the lightness of a DD that my SD boy felt like he'd only gotten heavier since I last held him...  Also my camera refused to focus on either of their faces no matter how hard I tried!  Thanks, prime lens. o|<

38954436_DOUSHITE(12of14).png.f0bd49cb73a9d4b880e84ff2f621e870.png

1003129421_DOUSHITE(10of14).png.db380b77cef3c49d9fa20682330a4fd3.png

150730795_DOUSHITE(9of14).png.657fae24e714904429f5f4b7dce1f6f9.png

This is my absolute favourite pose to put him in and I can't be stopped:

451429949_DOUSHITE(5of14).png.a6bbc2dfcc1fb84439ec51527cc89c4c.png

Also, of course Miku-chan insisted she get some photos, too!  Here she's holding my new Miku EXPO 2020 light stick I got recently~  I didn't realise until after I put everything away that her bangs got out of place, though... ugh.

979841570_gdiHAIR(5of3).png.31e5e7d1a22d339e0dbd36b405df3206.png

And finally, just for fun:

1207363386_DOUSHITE(13of14).png.b1b08bb71c8e7da26cdb487a3e35dc9a.png

My SD boy is a POPO Doll S in tan skin, and the redhead is a Fairyland LittleFee Chiwoo boy
The LittleFee is technically my wife's doll, but I refused to let them sell him years ago because I love him too much!  They clearly gave in to my demands~

• Like 1

DreamDollDesign

Your Miku is so precious. Her little scrunched up socks and sneakers are to die for! Just the whole outfit, actually.

• Like 1

OccultBeast
2 hours ago, DreamDollDesign said:

Your Miku is so precious. Her little scrunched up socks and sneakers are to die for! Just the whole outfit, actually.

Thank you!  I really wanted to have a casual, comfy outfit for her (that I could trust wouldn't stain her) so that she could stay dressed and posed all the time without worry.  I actually intended for her to wear the socks pulled up, but I found they were sooo cute scrunched up like that I couldn't bring myself to pull them up!

• Like 1

OccultBeast

I got Miku-chan's new outfit and wigs in the mail so I just had to take a photo of her all dressed up!
I posted this over on my Instagram too, if you wanted to compare how terribly it got compressed there 😂

yukata1.png.9a281ae1e7295c0922885d51eb6157bb.png

I love this little yukata set, but it's definitely not newbie-friendly.  It's sized for SD dolls, so it's incredibly long on a DD, but thankfully real yukata and kimono are cut long too, so that you can fold them up to be the perfect length no matter your height.  Luckily I've had some experience with yukata in the past, so it wasn't much trouble for me to fix it up to fit her perfectly.  The white obijime cord was also very slippery, so I didn't tie the best bow, but I think it's fine.

I also painted on her eyelashes and eyebrows in post editing, and made her smile a tiny bit more obvious.  I think she'd be super cute like this!  One day I'll be brave enough to wipe her stock face up and repaint her.

This wig, btw, is insanely soft and so so lovely.  She also got two other new wigs in the same package, but I think I'll leave her in this cute peachy one for a while!  I'd love to switch out the bows for another colour, though.  The black is a little harsh with this outfit especially.

• Like 6

Orenjiina

Wow! Your Miku looks so cute in her Yukata! It’s a lovely color and the wig looks great with it too! Her face is really cute too.

• Thanks 1

OccultBeast
8 hours ago, littlecherishdoll said:

I like the different faceup you painted on, it's so nice to see your unique take on miku 🥰 I can see your love for her in the care you take with your edits!!

aaaaaa thank you!  I think whenever I get around to actually repainting her, I'll probably change her eyeshape a good bit too, but thick eyebrows are a must for me, I love them!  I really should take more care with setting up for photos though lmao

3 hours ago, Orenjiina said:

Wow! Your Miku looks so cute in her Yukata! It’s a lovely color and the wig looks great with it too! Her face is really cute too.

Thank you!  I really couldn't pass it up when I found it, even though I want to keep her in mostly blue/teal things.  It felt perfectly Sakura Miku to me, so I went for it, since I don't think I'll ever buy a Sakura Miku on her own.  I'd love to buy the outfit/wig from her set one day, if I could ever afford it, though!

• Like 1

OccultBeast

I made my dear Miku a little sweatshirt yesterday, and after getting it on her, I spent forever fixing her wig again.  I've been loving her in this casual down hairstyle, and kept her in her shimapan because the colours ended up perfect together!  The photos aren't exactly the true colours, but the shirt matches her hair almost perfectly, I really lucked out finding it in my fabric stash!  I think I'll probably make her another sweatshirt with just the teal fabric, and also make the shirt body a little longer, to wear with her official outfit skirt or be able to tuck up as a crop-top style, but this one looks so cute with just the panties~! 🥰  Please excuse the stand grip, I couldn't be bothered to try and pose her without it after spending so long on her wig!

DECmiku3b2.png.a6c9a53cff835878e608b20594f3f0a6.png

As before, I digitally painted on some thicker eyebrows and added a bit more colour to her face.  She's got an adorable mouth, so it's a shame her standard faceup doesn't do it justice!  One day I'll be brave enough to redo her faceup myself.  I've also got her trying out a new pair of eyes from, of course, JadePixel!  I slightly edited the colour of them in post, as they're a little more blue than teal, but I love love love how reflective they are!  They have such a lovely depth to them and really catch the light, and need hardly any brightening in post.  Her left eye is actually entirely untouched, aside from the slight colour shift; I only brightened her right eye a bit to match the other.  Definitely going to snatch up a pair of these in teal or green if I see them!
I'm going to own so many pairs of JadePixel eyes soon...

DECmiku2b2.png.84979dc13626f1b07554ea758d3f7191.png

Bonus shot of her wig all nice and tidy after far, far too much time spent smoothing it back out:

DECmiku1b2.png.bfe671d343536711bd2462c8173d395e.png

I keep it super smoothed like this just for display, but if I'm going to take posed photos of her (more than just standing on my desk...) I do prefer to fluff the curls out a little bit and make it look more full and natural.  This just keeps it from being tangled and it's easy to adjust her slightly without ruining the sectioned curls.  Her standard wig, meanwhile, is using the Volks saddle stand as a wig stand instead, to keep from losing it's shape, and to hopefully save me from tears when I finally decide to put it back on her and pray that the bangs aren't entirely screwed up again...

• Like 1

MadQueenHarmony

Miku is absolutely adorable, and your large bjd boy is lovely!  I'm pretty new to the vinyl world, so I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere and I missed it, but what doll is she?

Yesterday's today's tomorrow

OccultBeast
On 12/19/2020 at 7:00 PM, MadQueenHarmony said:

Miku is absolutely adorable, and your large bjd boy is lovely!  I'm pretty new to the vinyl world, so I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere and I missed it, but what doll is she?

Oh wow, I don't know how, but I never got notified of this reply!  So sorry!  o|<  My Miku-chan is an official Volk's Hatsune Miku Dollfie Dream!

• Like 1

OccultBeast

And now time for a ~ * Super Terrible Quality Photo * ~ because I'm just too lazy to set up for a good one right now, plus all the daylight is gone so it would be an uphill struggle for mediocre results anyway...

Yesterday my lovely partner gifted me a Mini Dollfie Dream body for Christmas!  For my floating DWC-01 head!  I don't have anything for her, but luckily she looks adorable in the sweatshirt I made for Miku-chan, and I was able to find a little pair of pink shimapan that I had saved from when we used to own a lot of resin MSD girls.  Plopped on a wig I purchased possibly for Miku-chan, and an old hat, and she's looking like a bit like a little sister.  I love the F-3 body so much- she can sit with her knees together!!!  And I wept over how cute and tiny she is after having only had Miku-chan for quite some time now.  Her little hands...!  So cute...!

I have big plans for her, so no name or anything yet, but now that I've got a body, I have to get working!

newBEBE.png.831b79448223252edec98d13826d5eaa.png

Miku-chan went back into her official outfit for a little while, too, thanks to a V2 bodysuit I finally received from Volks recently!  Now I won't worry so much about any of it staining her terribly.  And try as I might, her bangs still got all out of place, so I'll have to spend some time redoing her hair one day soon.  It's a never-ending battle with this hair...

• Like 5

MadQueenHarmony
On 12/26/2020 at 3:46 PM, OccultBeast said:

Oh wow, I don't know how, but I never got notified of this reply!  So sorry!  o|<  My Miku-chan is an official Volk's Hatsune Miku Dollfie Dream!

That's ok! For some reason, I didn't get notified of your reply until just now either. Weird!  Anyway, thank you for letting me know. :)  Again, she's absolutely precious! <3

• Thanks 1

Yesterday's today's tomorrow

OccultBeast

Put a different wig on my new MDD girl for fun and took a few shots while I had to take photos for other stuff this morning.  Edited this one and drew on a digital face just to get a feel for her.  I've got her aesthetics all planned out; a new wig selected, lots of clothes planned to buy and make, even a 'pet' for her...  She's going to be a big project but I really want to commit to her and make her what I'm dreaming of!  Still no name as of yet~

2146738729_tinybebe(3of2).jpg.7d6d4047fa656b10bda11f95d18f281e.jpg

• Like 2

OccultBeast

Lately I've been accumulating a lot of supplies for making goodies for my new girl.  She's unsurprisingly still not ready (and I'm pulling a semi-all-nighter tonight to grab hands from the restock at 3am my time), but I got some striped fabric in to make her a required pair of shimapan!  I'll still probably buy her another pair from somewhere if I can ever find the perfect ones, but I don't think these are bad for now.  They'll look especially cute under a nice baggy sweatshirt or something similar!  This fabric was awful to work with, though!  It was listed as the wrong stretch, so when I got it I was wholly unprepared for how difficult it would be.  _:(´ཀ`」 ∠):_

2110591044_pantsu(4of4).jpg.581dc0763b7125dd33717785db36c4db.jpg

What?  You want the butt?  Okay.

580748777_pantsu(2of4).jpg.41206437773fb66c22f203f1fb56cf86.jpg

Why do MDD have such cute dimples of Venus?!

I'm busy working on a much more involved clothing piece for her too, but really taking my time cause I want perfection.  Also, I got a wig for her, but it just really wasn't working for me at all, so I immediately bought her another one, and now I'm waiting for that!  It's never-ending, isn't it?  ┐(︶▽︶)┌