The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

luisjavier_osorio

Obitsu 27 cm Nagato Yuki waist joint issue - How do I put it back in her torso?

luisjavier_osorio

Hello all!

I have a small doll collection (a couple of Takara dolls, a Moxie Girlz and several EAH). And one of my first dolls was an Azone Hybrid figure of Nagato Yuki. Here she is wearing her uniform and some lingerie (don't know if doll nudity is allowed in this forum). She has a soft butst 27BD-F05N obitsu body. I posted her pictures in lingerie so I can ilustrate my problem a bit better before going into more detail.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yuki has been with me for 4+ until the other day her legs fell apart during a modeling session. The problem was a broken hip joint. I managed to take the broken pieces out of her torso and glue them back together. Here is the result of the operation: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Despite the look of the pieces, they are pretty solid and I tested putting back them along with the legs, but without reassembling the doll. The legs and the joint seem to work. But there is a problem: How do I put the hip joint back in the torso?

Tasuke

i've worked on these many times. you need to disassemble the joint again, put the lower half of that central hip-boss in the vinyl lower-torso,

locate it into it's proper place, slot the legs in, and lower the upper half of the boss into place,

grasping it with a fine needlenose pliers or tweezers or the like.

finally, use a long precision screwdriver to get the retaining screw in place.

also, your bodies' shoulders aren't pressed in fully. while they do tend to work loose,

it is easily rectified by grasping the body by the shoulders and pressing in on both sides equally.

also, YMMV, your Yuki might benefit from an upgrade to the new OBITSU 24/26.

my Megahouse version of Yuki here sports the new 24, while my Mikuru displays the 26;

Mikuru%20Asahina%20OBITSU%2026%2010-25-1

both of my Mikurus, illustrating the contrast between the old 27, such as the one you have, and the new 26;

Mikuru%20Asahina%20OBITSU%2026%2010-23-1

il_794xN.1985026211_s8pu.jpg

Edited by Tasuke
  • Thanks 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

luisjavier_osorio

Thank you!

I will try to reasemble Yuki today. And perhaps consider upgrading her body. I am short in cash now, that's why I enrolled my last girl two years ago... But I don't know. I feel like Yuki's head may look out of proportion if installed on any those new bodies. I will not know for sure until I put my hands on any.

Anyways, Thanks a lot.

By the way, this was my last girl:

spacer.png 

• Like 1

Tasuke

Also, a bit of an idea of what your Yuki might look like with the OBITSU 26;

744206654_MikuruandYukiOBITSU26RESIZE301.jpg.8ea600f9249cb090b40d54428607eefa.jpg

1422483428_MikuruandYukiOBITSU26RESIZE302.jpg.a232c1ac6d4ead7c56b02b4d7ddd1142.jpg

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png