Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

potpourii

Hello ^^

potpourii

Hi everyone!Β 

I am new to this forum but been in the hobby for over 10 years. I started out with resin dolls and since the release of Kagamine Rin, I am now a vinyl collector too! 😊

I am learning how to do faceups and also improving on my photography of my dolls πŸ’•

You can find me on instagram @_potpourii

I look forward to making new dollfie friends

ヽ(*βŒ’βˆ‡βŒ’*)οΎ‰

• Like 3

Friendlily

Welcome! I hope you find yourself at home here. I'm getting into faceups too, so we can build our skills together!

Things are going to be okay.

Pit

Welcome.Β I hope to see photos of your girls here in the forum soon!

Edited by Pit

sunlightandtea

Welcome to the forums! I took a peek at your instagram, your dolls are just lovely. ^^

miraclelovely

hi! and welcome from one newbie to another lol... your dolls are just so cute! im also currently in the process of going resin to vinylΒ 

potpourii
11 hours ago, Friendlily said:

Welcome! I hope you find yourself at home here. I'm getting into faceups too, so we can build our skills together!

Thank you! πŸ’• Yes let's encourage each other! I get frustrated a lot with my skills xD but I want to keep improving!

10 hours ago, Pit said:

Welcome.Β I hope to see photos of your girls here in the forum soon!

Thank you! πŸ’– Yes I will share photos soon, once I figure out how xD what is a good image host? I used Flickr in the past but can't figure out how to do it on a mobile device now.

10 hours ago, sunlightandtea said:

Welcome to the forums! I took a peek at your instagram, your dolls are just lovely. ^^

Thank you so much! πŸ₯°πŸ’•

10 hours ago, miraclelovely said:

hi! and welcome from one newbie to another lol... your dolls are just so cute! im also currently in the process of going resin to vinylΒ 

Thank you so much! πŸ’• Yes it was a leap for me, I was quite apprehensive about vinyl. But once I got used to it, I'm having so much more fun with my vinyl crew!

• Like 1

Pit
1 hour ago, potpourii said:

Thank you! πŸ’– Yes I will share photos soon, once I figure out how xD what is a good image host? I used Flickr in the past but can't figure out how to do it on a mobile device now.

I've seen people using Flickr as you said but honestly I don't know about image hosts. Generally I useΒ the files-draggingΒ option the forum has. Maybe @baldyloxΒ or @BeyondTimeΒ could answer your question. They're likeΒ lords of the forum (and vynil dolls as well).

Edited by Pit

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Pit said:

They're likeΒ lords of the forum (and vynil dolls as well).

The Vinyl Dolls are the overlords.
Β 

3 hours ago, potpourii said:

You will need to get pastΒ NewΒ MemberΒ status before you can use all the features of the forum.Β Once you do, image posting is as simple as hosting the image, and then pasting its URL into the post.Β 

The forum guidelines are here:Β https://www.dolldreaming.com/guidelines/

Β 

• Haha 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

β€œEmpty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

potpourii
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

You will need to get past NewΒ MemberΒ status before you can use all the features of the forum.Β Once you do, image posting is as simple as hosting the image, and then pasting its URL into the post.Β 

The forum guidelines are here:Β https://www.dolldreaming.com/guidelines/

Β 

Thanks! I'll slowly work my way there ^-^ I've been on Den of Angels for a long time but decided to join here too, because I've had a lot more interested in Vinyl for the past few years x3Β 

baldylox
7 hours ago, Pit said:

Maybe @baldyloxΒ or @BeyondTimeΒ could answer your question. They're likeΒ lords of the forum (and vinyl dolls as well).

Ha ha, this made me laugh.Β  :)Β  I'm no lord of this or any forum but I've definitely been around a while.Β  πŸ˜‰Β  Both of us are moderators as well so please do ask us for help if need be, that's why we're here!

Β 

6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

The Vinyl Dolls are the overlords.

Yep, this is a proven fact for sure.Β  πŸ˜„Β 

Β 

Β 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

potpourii
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

Ha ha, this made me laugh.Β  :)Β  I'm no lord of this or any forum but I've definitely been around a while.Β  πŸ˜‰Β  Both of us are moderators as well so please do ask us for help if need be, that's why we're here!

Β 

Yep, this is a proven fact for sure.Β  πŸ˜„Β 

Β 

Β 

Billy

Thanks! It's nice to have such a warm welcome from so many members ^^ πŸ’• Also I totally relate to your signature xD I keep hoping Volks would churn out more boys to give me a break, then I can finally focus on building a diorama and furnishings!

Ylse

Welcome! I follow you on insta hehe~ Your Rapunzel is so cute 😭 (and Lettie too!)

Also I really love the feel your photo's have, very soft and warm 😊 It also shows the beauty of the dolls very well. I keep looking at them and thinking: what kind of setup is this, what lights do they use? πŸ˜† Would you be willing to share some of your secrets? πŸ™‡πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚

Β 

I hope you will have a great time here! πŸ˜„

potpourii
6 hours ago, Ylse said:

Welcome! I follow you on insta hehe~ Your Rapunzel is so cute 😭 (and Lettie too!)

Also I really love the feel your photo's have, very soft and warm 😊 It also shows the beauty of the dolls very well. I keep looking at them and thinking: what kind of setup is this, what lights do they use? πŸ˜† Would you be willing to share some of your secrets? πŸ™‡πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ˜‚

Β 

I hope you will have a great time here! πŸ˜„

Wow thank you so much for your kind compliments and support! πŸ₯° Rapunzel and Lettie appreciate it too πŸ’•

Sure, I'm happy to share my setup details if it helps other doll owners enjoy their hobby more! πŸ’• I'm just an amateur too and so I'm still learning as I go. Feel free to DM me here or on instagram if you have any questions ^^

I use a mirrorless camera with a macro lens, umbrella lights and recently, I've been learning to use bounce flash ^^Β 

• Like 1

PumpKing

Welcome! πŸ˜„

I got my start in doll collecting as a resin collector too.Β 
I haven't purchased my first vinyl yet, but theyre so tempting. πŸ˜‰

potpourii
4 hours ago, PumpKing said:

Welcome! πŸ˜„

I got my start in doll collecting as a resin collector too.Β 
I haven't purchased my first vinyl yet, but theyre so tempting. πŸ˜‰

Thank you! ^^Β 

I took a while to warm to the idea of vinyl dolls, I was terrified of staining and the internal skeleton wear and tear. And also, I was afraid of adding another line of dolls to collect lol. I finally took the plunge with Rin and I haven't looked back! Fortunately I've not had any issues so far. They are definitely a lot more fun to pose and lighter to carry around.Β