Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks SD - Disney Frozen Collaboration.

BeyondTime

https://twitter.com/volks_doll/status/1310413975297769474?s=20

All I can say is Elsa needs to come with an Olaf plushie. 

• Like 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, lardroom said:

So...I will need to get Elsa and Anna.

At no point since the announcement have I remotely considered that Elsa and Anna won’t come home. It’s just a question of how much money it will take. 

If they do have it be VS/VIP, the best outcome would be preorder of some sort. That should depress the aftermarket prices. 

Definitely taking Elsa and Anna to the next LA Dolpa. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Victoria

A pre-order for both of them would be a dream! But I don't remember that they have ever done this in the past before except for the larger Silver Coin dolls. They were swamped by so maaaaany orders, it would be even worse with Frozen. xD

Thank goodness I have not paid almost twice as much for young Cecile this weekend. I was sooo struggling but now saving up for two Frozen dolls is more important. 

(Still hoping both of them are not of my taste ;-;)

Edited by Victoria

marishade

I know what you mean @lardroom (replying from Volks 89 topic) I am going to find it hard to pass up on Elsa myself (no way I could afford both I think. . .) I am kind of hoping I do not like how they design them so I do not have to buy either. Lol

I also was hoping for Belle or Mulan to show up as a Volks Disney Princess. . . This will be tough. 

20200928_175405.jpg

• Like 3

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Victoria said:

A pre-order for both of them would be a dream!

That would be the best possible scenario, but I doubt we get that lucky. 

Honestly though, Elsa and Anna would be as much or more a gateway to the world of Super Dollfie as Hatsune Miku is a gateway to DD. Imo, Volks would be very smart to do a preorder if Disney would let them.

From the moment I saw Frozen I wanted Elsa and Anna to be turned into SD, this is a dream come true. 

monkeypizzasonic

the other dolls were like $1,000+ right?

BeyondTime
39 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

the other dolls were like $1,000+ right?

SDGr tend to be around $1100, and SD16 are closer to $1400. SD17 are around $1500. 

• Like 1

lardroom

Yup yup. One way or another, Elsa's coming home. I am so unbelievably excited.

Obviously it's going to be iconic Frozen 1 Elsa in the blue ice dress, but I think the coronation gown will be the alternate outfit.

As much as I love Elsa's blown out hair and white dress in Frozen 2, or the fact that Elsa goes to bed in a sexy purple sleeping gown and smokey eyes, it's not as iconic. Ana, on the other hand, has the most amazing costumes in Frozen 2.

Edited by lardroom

Juxtaposition

Ooooh--I look forward to seeing pictures of these dolls! I wonder what outfits they will have? I think it would be cool if Elsa had translucent fantasy parts to look like ice, but I doubt that design would actually happen. 😅

Lynn

I'd love to have an Elsa! But timing is the worst possible for me. Covid-19 affected my income, so a doll worth of 1100 - 1500 dollars or even more (and the shipping and the customs fees on top of it) is just not possible for me at the moment.

I am very interested to find out what kind of an Elsa or Anna or both Volks is going to create. I kinda hope I don't like the outcome though... 😅

Ylse

I am veeeeery curious about them. I missed out on Rapunzel and Cinderella didn't do anything for me. But both those are still gorgeous dolls so I'm expecting something really really good!

(But darn it my car has it's yearly check up soon and I already know that's probably gonna cost me waah 😢😅)

Elia

This is such exciting news! Whatever it takes, Elsa is coming home. I vowed if Volks ever releases her she will join Rapunzel. 

I'm hoping they do her justice (please get the hair colour right) 🥺 I'm expecting her most iconic blue outfit or less likely but still a possibility 5th Spirit white gown from Frozen 2 (she's been heavily marketed in that outfit ever since the second movie premiered). I would be so happy if we got extra outfits too, there are so many.

If Anna is released with Elsa she will be so hard to resist but it might be too much for my wallet at once. On the other hand if it's a lottery... I might take my chances.

Now I'm hoping it will be worldwide release not Japan only.

@marishade love your collection of Frozen LE dolls!

Edited by Elia
  • Like 2

lardroom

@marishade
I agree! I love  your LE Frozen dolls. I completely regret not trying for the fancy Saks 5th Ave ones (just not the scary $30,000.00 one).

I adore my RAH Elsa, since her face and expressions are changeable and movie accurate. Shame her hair is an unmoveable piece of plastic. But I'm seeing if there's a workaround for that...

• Like 1

Conuresans

So, buying a dream resin girl and all my vinyl girls outfits is the catalyst for Murphy's Law. Gotcha. 

In all seriousness though if they release Anna, there is absolutely very little chance of me missing trying to get ahold of her. She's one of my favorites if not the favorite as I relate strongly to her character. I was previously gearing up to get Rapunzel as she was my second favorite, but... I'm super glad I waited 🥰 If she's in her traveler's outfit from the first movie, it would be absolutely perfect! + Thankfully Elsa would be a lot easier for me to pass on, so it'd be less of a blow to my wallet if they put them both out. 

Definitely looking forward to pictures being posted either way though. 

Home: Melt (DDH-09), Kano (Iris Collect), Kirika, Y'Shtola, Suzune (Iris Collect Petite)

BeyondTime
16 minutes ago, Conuresans said:

She's one of my favorites if not the favorite as I relate strongly to her character.

Elsa dethroned Belle as my favorite Disney character. She’s a character I identify with a lot. 

Frozen is such a great film overall too.

Elsa and Anna go together for me. Bringing both home whatever it takes, although I suspect it’s going to hurt. XD

• Like 3

monkeypizzasonic

I assume it's going to be the classic Frozen outfits, since that's the picture they used.

• Like 1

merry-go-round

I wonder what outfit they going to choose with Elsa. The frozen 1 or the frozen 2... 

They announced Elsa and Anna in volks new 89 or they show Elsa and Anna in the volks 89? 

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

demonmiko

I was both really excited and greatly apprehensive about this release. I cry for my wallet.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, marishade said:

@merry-go-round, announced. Showed Elsa's ice castle with the announcement.

And I have a feeling scalper prices for Elsa would buy you an ice castle - fully furnished. 

I wonder if her butt got cold when she sat on her ice furniture? @onion19@

• Haha 1

monkeypizzasonic
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

And I have a feeling scalper prices for Elsa would buy you an ice castle - fully furnished. 

I wonder if her butt got cold when she sat on her ice furniture? @onion19@

Cold never bothered her, obv.😆

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

How long does it usually take from announcement to the reveal and then the actual sale? I'm guessing Winter 2020 = December reveal?

Conuresans
3 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

How long does it usually take from announcement to the reveal and then the actual sale? I'm guessing Winter 2020 = December reveal?

I would guess they're going to be in the same manner Rapunzel and (I believe) Cinderella were and they're going to be on their own sales period right before Dolpa in December. As for when that sales period is particularly, if I remember right my money would be on the entry period being a week or two before Dolpa. 

Home: Melt (DDH-09), Kano (Iris Collect), Kirika, Y'Shtola, Suzune (Iris Collect Petite)

Monty
18 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Like Conuresans said the previous ones have had somewhat odd releases in that they’ve been before the Dolpa, but we don’t know if it’ll be exactly the same yet, especially given Elsa and Anna’s status as ‘not Disney Princesses, but technically, but also not.’ I think it’s most likely though.

It’ll be Disney’s decision how the release is conducted but for everyone’s sake I hope they aren’t another Japan exclusive. They should be in the next issue of Volks News which is set to come out in mid November if it isn’t delayed - I’m guessing the 16th? The entry period for preorder or lottery or whatever for the other ones seemed to start very soon after volks news released, so people may have to cough up for them before the end of November.