Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

BeyondTime

Volks SD - Disney Frozen Collaboration.

nami
38 minutes ago, Ui- said:

Oh my god. That Cheshire Cat is truly amazing. Would you mind telling me the name? I want to see if I can possibly find that. I can do a custom Alice if I have to. Yours is absolutely adorable, though. I just have a different idea of Alice in my head. I used to fall asleep to the Disney Alice in Wonderland movie. I’ve done so much art about it. I’m quite literally obsessed. Lol. 

Anyway. I just want to find out if you can buy the Disney dolls from the Japanese volks store and have them shipped. If not, I’ll just use a forward or go there myself. To get Elsa and Anna SDs, with their outfits, I’d pay a kidney.....

That Cheshire Cat is from Piposdoll.

• Thanks 1

merry-go-round

I m surprised this news don't show off here. So Volks give us some update 😄 

I hope we can see her this winter

Capture d’écran 2021-09-25 à 15.45.11.png

Edited by merry-go-round
  • Like 5

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

BeyondTime

Hopefully we’ll get a website update in the next few days, but it does feel like they are getting close to a release. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic

GAH, I was gonna spring for DD cat lady but I might end up back on the Elsa train again.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

GAH, I was gonna spring for DD cat lady but I might end up back on the Elsa train again.

Well, a cat girl in hand is worth two frozen queens in a bush. 

We don’t have a release date or terms for Frozen yet. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

monkeypizzasonic
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Well, a cat girl in hand is worth two frozen queens in a bush. 

We don’t have a release date or terms for Frozen yet. 

Yeah, and I already might have a split going so cat lady will be cheaper technically. 

I just really want to see the dolls...it's stressing me out. 

BeyondTime
29 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Yeah, and I already might have a split going so cat lady will be cheaper technically. 

I just really want to see the dolls...it's stressing me out. 

The question of how they will be available is stressing me out too.  XD. 

Ui-
On 9/26/2021 at 12:04 AM, BeyondTime said:

The question of how they will be available is stressing me out too.  XD. 

THIS is what is stressing me out as well. Oh jeez. 

marishade

Got an email from Volks USA that the Frozen site was updated. They now show details about Elsa's shoes. . . I think they look good.

lardroom

SHOES. Sculpt looks good. I just hope they don't look too plastic-y.

Anna-neko

Volks... plz... i cannot take teh wait..... just plz show us at least a glimpse of what sizes they will come in

monkeypizzasonic
1 hour ago, Chise said:

Volks... plz... i cannot take teh wait..... just plz show us at least a glimpse of what sizes they will come in

I think its confirmed that Elsa is Graffiti,  Anna is SD13, and they both also have Dear SD child versions coming out as well. 

6 hours ago, marishade said:

Got an email from Volks USA that the Frozen site was updated. They now show details about Elsa's shoes. . . I think they look good.

The email also said something like "wait a short while longer", which makes me think we'll hopefully get more soon? Maybe even December release? Maybe?

marishade

If there is a December release, I hope it is just the Dear SDs. I do not think I am not expecting to want those and after Y'shtola I do not think I can justify another ~$1000 doll purchase this year. . .

monkeypizzasonic
7 hours ago, marishade said:

If there is a December release, I hope it is just the Dear SDs. I do not think I am not expecting to want those and after Y'shtola I do not think I can justify another ~$1000 doll purchase this year. . .

I'm pretty sure the release order is Elsa - Anna - Dear SDs. Sorry.

Nekome

I'm so excited to see what all they have planned, with Volks quality, I can only imagine how beautiful these will be

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Irulazuli said:

I guess we'll know soon? Volks posted a tweet: https://mobile.twitter.com/volks_doll/status/1458993533918924801

With another SD already announced it makes me wonder if we will only see 1 Frozen doll this year. I went back and looked at the update, and it does look like the kid versions had their clothes and sculpts prototyped a year ago, so if they aren’t releasing all 4 now I’m thinking it’s one or both dear SDs this year. 

abs2891

Aww I think they’re cute - it was always my intention to pass on the Dear SDs.  I don’t care as much for the size of them, but seeing these makes me very excited for the SDs

Sidenote: I hope after Dollpa there is also an online release for everyone. 

• Like 2

monkeypizzasonic

On the one hand, disappointed we still don't get to see SD Elsa.

On the other hand, relieved I don't have to try to work out how to afford SD Elsa this year. 

(Although my Japan trip was pushed back, so if Anna SD is next year and Elsa SD is 2023 that's gonna be the same year as our trip which might be a problem...)

BeyondTime

Comparing them to how they look in the films I think they are pretty close. We were never going to get giant eyes and super wide mouths, so it’s more like Sailor moon where they captured the face structure, but compromised with the realities of making a functional SD. They’re much closer to the films than any of the other Anna / Elsa child dolls I’ve seen, and that gives me hope for the older versions. 

• Like 1

apag22

I would love to try and get one of these girls, I love Frozen and have been dying for a Dear SD...

• Like 1

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

Mizuumi-no-Otome

Aww, they're so cute! I definitely see a nice blend of Volks aesthetics and the animation. Not really what I was hoping for so I'm definitely going to pass (I'm not a huge Frozen fan anyway, I mostly wanted the naked doll lol) but I'm sure they will be a big hit.