Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
lardroom

Lardroom's dollroom and loodroom

lardroom

New doll thread in an appropriate sub-forum! SD16 Kira arrived today and she is amazing. The one-off dress is so amazing. The little certificate of authenticity they give you is amazing. She's a bit difficult to photograph because her eyes don't reflect catch lights and she's got this super sultry imperialist look to her without having a romantic gaze. Hmmm...yes, my queen. (please step on me).

NSFW tags are on because there may be times there is some dollflesh on display. Tastefully, of course.

Kira~~ I thought about giving her a new name, but this one seems to fit her.

50396186851_db109d14eb_c.jpg

Kira03 by Lardroom, on Flickr

50395514663_aa37ae26fa_c.jpg

Kira07 by Lardroom, on Flickr

50396186881_89cc291847_c.jpgKira02

by Lardroom, on Flickr

50396349737_81ec5c3222_c.jpg

Kira04 by Lardroom, on Flickr

50396358852_2ecc956d87_c.jpg

Kira06 by Lardroom, on Flickr

50396186776_45e3a5dd46_c.jpg

Kira05 by Lardroom, on Flickr

Edited by lardroom
  • Like 3

BeyondTime

Isn’t it nice how stable they are standing upright in heels?

I was hoping you would post photos of her in that chair. It looks like it has a shallow bench, and the Volks pictures show it with a DD, and I wanted to see how it fit an SD16. It would be perfect for Lady Oscar, or Elsa & Anna. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

lardroom
12 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Isn’t it nice how stable they are standing upright in heels?

I was hoping you would post photos of her in that chair. It looks like it has a shallow bench, and he Volks pictures show it with a DD, and I wanted to see how it fit an SD16. It would be perfect for Lady Oscar, or Elsa & Anna. 

I am the biggest fan of the heeled feet. Volks....why don't you make them for DD...

The chair is perfect for a SD16. In heels, it allows them to sit upright against the back and set their legs demurely and tuck them a bit under the chair. Let me see if I can find a picture...

Kira_Sit2.JPG.3ad50e9f1086cb7fb341a183a3bf9a0f.JPG

Edited by lardroom
  • Thanks 1

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, lardroom said:

I am the biggest fan of the heeled feet. Volks....why don't you make them for DD...

I would kill someone for DD heeled feet.  And they would honestly be even easier to change on DD than on BJD!

• Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, lardroom said:

The chair is perfect for a SD16.

Thanks for the photo, second chair incoming now. >.>;

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

lardroom

Tried to take some close-ups to explore more of Kira and her face-up. She's a tricky one and takes more light than 2B and here eyes aren't nearly as reflective, but they're so green.

KiraClose.jpg.9fede1a256079346c27a24d7dd229347.jpgKiraClose2.jpg.d03b3bbf11338583e844926de6c2d24d.jpg

• Like 2

BeyondTime

SD eyes are definitely harder to photograph than DD eyes. The smaller darker eyes make for a challenge when it comes to lighting. You've done pretty well with it, and you might invest in a reflector if you don't have one. Bouncing light from a light source back into the eyes is the best way to do it imo.

Photographers use catch lights to light the eyes, but I find the size of the doll makes it really hard to use a lot of the usual portrait lighting tricks. Soft and very diffuse light is usually the win with dolls.

• Thanks 1

lardroom

I've got silver and white reflectors, as well as more light diffusors. Time to play with that cheap lighting kit I got a few months back.

BeyondTime
43 minutes ago, lardroom said:

I've got silver and white reflectors, as well as more light diffusors. Time to play with that cheap lighting kit I got a few months back.

Nice, and you don't need expensive lights imo. My LED light kit was one of the cheaper options on the market, and it works fine.

It might be nice to see Arle and 2B in that chair, but only if you are up to it. The Volks photos used DD and SDM, but the flowing dresses they used make it hard to see how they sit in the chair.

lardroom
49 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

It might be nice to see Arle and 2B in that chair, but only if you are up to it. The Volks photos used DD and SDM, but the flowing dresses they used make it hard to see how they sit in the chair.

Those two are up for an outfit change this month, so might as well set something up.

Irulazuli

What a gorgeous girl! Kira is on my longlist of dolls I would like to own, and she is simply stunning here. I adore her expression, it has a certain better-than-you attitude. And I am in love with this outfit, it fits her perfectly.

• Like 1

Veravey

She's incredible! So doey eyed and gentle. I could get lost in that eye colour.

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

lardroom
On 9/30/2020 at 12:14 AM, BeyondTime said:

Bad pictures incoming!

Silly picture with a chair, although the the sucre dress is so voluminous with the bustle that it forces 2B to sit further away from the chair. Toobs is wearing a cheap Elsa wig I got in an attempt to maybe make my own Elsa with a future doll (no need for that now!). I'm planning on setting up a nice tea party for all of them now that they can all dress up for the occasion.

chair_01.JPG.f75f29af08adeac5515be77a0159d962.JPG

And, just to show how a DD sits, an even sillier picture of the closest clothes I could find.

chair_02.JPG.c203efd8cf24d69ccd5446553383873f.JPG

Edited by lardroom

BeyondTime
42 minutes ago, lardroom said:

And, just to show how a DD sits, an even sillier picture of the closest clothes I could find.

The bench is shallower than the Volks Sofa I have now, but it seems more than enough to be stable.

I'm thinking of getting the Sucré dresses for Iori and Yayoi when Volks USA does their lottery event for the Dolpa 17 items. They might be a bit short, but it seems like the Pom Pom skirts work with that outfit so it may work out nicely.

2Bs pose in the first image is pretty nice. It sort of gives the impression of the haughty and bored older daughter of aristocracy, forced to sit for a portrait when she'd rather be at party.

• Like 1

lardroom
2 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

The bench is shallower than the Volks Sofa I have now, but it seems more than enough to be stable.

I'm thinking of getting the Sucré dresses for Iori and Yayoi when Volks USA does their lottery event for the Dolpa 17 items. They might be a bit short, but it seems like the Pom Pom skirts work with that outfit so it may work out nicely.

2Bs pose in the first image is pretty nice. It sort of gives the impression of the haughty and bored older daughter of aristocracy, forced to sit for a portrait when she'd rather be at party.

Edit: Took some measurements and the seat depth at its shallowest is 6 and 1/2 inches (thought the seat ends at 6". There is a lot of sloping cushion). Seat height is a little more than 7 inches.

I think the these fancy type chairs were designed with a shallow seat in order to allow elegant and beautiful drapes of the dresses. Like the description of the Cabriolet Louis XV: "An armchair with a comfortable seat width that allows the Dresses hem to be spread beautifully."

Its why I was interested in the arm chair, but settled for the the canape love seat. I'm really impressed with how beautiful and elegant they make the dolls appear. I'm quite happy with it, I just have to somehow forget that it's more expensive than actual furniture...

Edited by lardroom

BeyondTime
19 hours ago, lardroom said:

Took some measurements and the seat depth at its shallowest is 6 and 1/2 inches

That should be perfect for DD, and the sofa I have now is about 7 inches but a DD only needs about 6.5”.

What sold me on the cabriolet chair was the rich darkness of the materials. They used a pirate themed SD as the model, but it immediately made me think of Ranko in her gothic dress sprawled out on it like a dark queen on her dark throne. 

The sofa you have made me think of Oscar in her Odalisque dress, it’s a sofa for french royalty, so I’ve got it on order now.

The dress makes me really hope Elsa will be S-bust SD16. Probably a long shot, but I really want to dress Elsa in Oscar’s gown.  

19 hours ago, lardroom said:

I just have to somehow forget that it's more expensive than actual furniture...

Those chairs in human size would go for about 4K a pair, and the sofa anywhere from 4K to 20k.