Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  

Newbie needs help

Hi everyone i know nothing about these dolls but im thinking about purchasing one soon can you tell me please are the screws made of stainless steel or just mild steel the reason I ask is if they get wet will they rust 

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Sandy said:

the reason I ask is if they get wet will they rust 

If a vinyl doll gets wet enough to get the frame screws wet, you need to take her apart and dry her thoroughly anyways. Wet vinyl can attract mold & mildew.

Screws are typically made from carbon steel, so yes they will likely rust. I am not sure if the exact material SmartDoll screws are made from has ever been identified, but screws for things like that are probably sourced as needed from a variety of manufacturers.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Jezrah

They wouldn't be uncoated carbon steel though, or they would rust over time just being exposed to the water vapor in the air. For example, a katana has to regularly be cleaned and recoated with oil to prevent rust even when on display. Nuts and screws are most commonly zinc coated or galvanized to prevent corrosion. Dolls most certainly shouldn't be left just sitting in water indefinitely. If they have gotten wet they should be thoroughly dried to prevent mildew, but you can get frame parts wet or even submerge them for a photo shoot and their hardware won't rust if dried afterwards.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg