Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
miraclelovely

my first dollfie!

miraclelovely

She's finally here! After not moving in shipping for a little over two weeks, she finally started moving on closer! I was honestly terrified for when she arrived because I wasn't sure if she would be in better or worse shape than the confusing listing+photos... and it turns out things were much better than I was expecting! Manaka's school uniform is in perfect condition, doesn't even look used... The shoes are ugly but I mean they were in the photo listing anyways, so I don't care. Her wig is actually amazingly cute, and I'm going to use it a lot for her I think. There are stains on her but they're thankfully in very unnoticable places, and not too dark anyways so I'll probably try and fix those myself later on. The one thing that does bother me just a little is that her neck is super loose and her head can't really stay upright unless she is upright. Otherwise it just wobbles and flops- but I do remember reading something with the older dollfie heads and issues, so I'm wondering if that's whats up? I'm sure its fixable, and it doesn't bug me too much for the moment anyways. I also figure I should ask how to use the secret joint things for better posing on the DD2? I do actually like the body and I don't really have funds to replace it for now so I may as well learn how to make the best use of it! 

Now that the text block is over, here are some photos of my very first dollfie dream, Komaki Manaka! (btw I'm 100% never going back to resin now. Vinyl dolls are SOOOOO much nicer and this is after only a few hours with my first one LOL!) 

Manaka2.jpg.bb395215c9102f36854740f4b8bf8f8e.jpg

I also ended up buying her a cute bear costume on Mandarake... Because I LOVE bear girls and I wanted something that definitely wouldn't stain her so she could chill out in it for a while. It was cheap because it was missing some packaging and it's PERFECT.

Manaka3.jpg.dd48f68b63c15d2cba4c490900fe4511.jpg

She's just waaaay too cute man! I can't believe she's just actually in front of me LOL

Manaka.jpg.5de2d300f6b846ae38efc7dd0f06255a.jpg

Dunno why this pic is so... grainy? but AAAHH! I cannot contain my joy over HOW CUTE she is! I guess it really just was the crappy photos that Mandarake posted making her look SO yellowed. Her joints do have some yellowing but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. 

Overall, super worth it. So glad I took the risk and bought her because it worked out perfectly, she's my absolute favorite of my dolls from the moment that she arrived. I just love how well dollfies hold their poses T_T so perfect.

• Like 13

miraclelovely
35 minutes ago, littlecherishdoll said:

She is just sooooo cute!!! i love the bear outfit... isn't the squishy vinyl and the pose-ability just so good!? Thank you for sharing your adorable girl with us!

it's so adorable! i didn't know it existed till i saw it on mandarake! and yes, omg just so much nicer than resin dolls in general! i just can't wait to find out how to use the extra joints so she can move her hands near her face LOL

• Like 1

Veravey

Congratulations! Her eyes and mouth have such a gentle expression, she's precious <3 

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

moerunamida

She's a beauty! Congratulations <3

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Orenjiina

Congratulations! Omg what a great find! She’s really cute and I love her little bear hoodie. I think her wig suits her well too. I love coming across great finds on Mandarake but I’ve never had much luck with dolls there! I get lucky like you did too! Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1

Amoretto

Oh she finally came! What a sweet, classical face she has. 

• Like 1

miraclelovely
5 hours ago, Veravey said:

Congratulations! Her eyes and mouth have such a gentle expression, she's precious <3 

thank you so much! i completely agree, she's so soft and gentle looking.

4 hours ago, Deyja said:

She's a beauty! Congratulations <3

thank you so much! ^^

3 hours ago, TheWhiteRabbit said:

Adorable! Manaka is an adorable sculpt, she makes a sweet bear. Congrats, she's a cutie!

oooh thank you very much, i agree completely! my favorite dollfie sculpt 100%, and yes! she's wildly adorable as a bear!

1 hour ago, Orenjiina said:

Congratulations! Omg what a great find! She’s really cute and I love her little bear hoodie. I think her wig suits her well too. I love coming across great finds on Mandarake but I’ve never had much luck with dolls there! I get lucky like you did too! Thank you for sharing!

thank you very much! i feel really lucky to find her for a very cheap price compared to the rest of the Manaka's. i'm so glad you like the bear hoodie, and the combination with the default wig! i really hope you're able to find an amazing find soon on Mandarake. i got lucky with this one big time i think... but if anything, it's opened my eyes to the fact that maybe some listings are actually better than they initially appear.

46 minutes ago, Amoretto said:

Oh she finally came! What a sweet, classical face she has. 

yes, she did! she's so so so sweet. i can't believe it, no matter how much i just admire her i can't grasp just how... soft and gentle and sweet she is LOL

• Like 2

Amoretto

Gentle is the exact word. Sounds like she's everything you wanted. So happy for you. 

• Like 1

mahourora

She's here!!! Congrats - she's absolutely adorable. Definitely the definition of sweet and gentle! Her face looks so caring, and the bear costume definitely adds to the cuteness!! 
I'm so happy she came home safe and sound, she's definitely in a good home! 💞

• Like 1

Tasuke

i do indeed love my Redheads... what a fantastic initial splash to make into the hobby!! Congratulations!!!

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Friendlily

What a cute doll! Glad she's your first.

• Like 1

Things are going to be okay.

Ari_clefairy

Congrats on your first dollfie she is so adorable!! The bear costume and her shy face make my heart melt TwT

• Like 1

miraclelovely
22 hours ago, Amoretto said:

Gentle is the exact word. Sounds like she's everything you wanted. So happy for you. 

thank you so much! she's the absolute most perfect dollfie i could've chosen, i think... i'm so glad you think gentle is exactly the way to describe her too!

19 hours ago, mahourora said:

She's here!!! Congrats - she's absolutely adorable. Definitely the definition of sweet and gentle! Her face looks so caring, and the bear costume definitely adds to the cuteness!! 
I'm so happy she came home safe and sound, she's definitely in a good home! 💞

thank you SO much! i'm so glad you agree with that, i just can't think of a better doll to represent those two words LOL... she definitely looks caring, you're so right about that! again, thank you very very much ^^ i'll try my best to spoil her lots down the line when i regain funds LOL

14 hours ago, Tasuke said:

i do indeed love my Redheads... what a fantastic initial splash to make into the hobby!! Congratulations!!!

thank you so much! i just knew it had to be her or nothing at all LOL

8 hours ago, Friendlily said:

What a cute doll! Glad she's your first.

thank you very much! ^^ i'm so glad you think she's cute too, and i'm also very glad she's my first!

8 hours ago, Ari_clefairy said:

Congrats on your first dollfie she is so adorable!! The bear costume and her shy face make my heart melt TwT

oooooh thank you so much!!!!! i just knew i had to get the bear costume for her... T_T it matches that face so perfectly, i'm so glad she's heart melting LOL... if you have any outfit ideas you think would be just as (or more) heartmelting, let me know and i'll try and fulfill it one day LOOLOLL

miraclelovely
On 10/29/2020 at 1:01 AM, toufufu said:

She look so cute and lovely on the bear costume! Congrats on getting her <3

ohh my gosh thank you so much! this is such a late reply but i never saw your message till now. i'm glad you think the bear costume suits her ^^

Xiongmao

Wow, Komaki is so cute. I must admit I am really drawn to their expressions and Komaki's is lovely.

My Dollfie is brand new but I found that her joints were a bit loose out of the box and it culminated in her legs falling off during her first "pro" photo shoot 😬😬😬!!! So it might be worth taking yours apart and putting her together again? I'm not an expert though.

But yes, vinyl feels lovely, especially the DDDy curves.

My Towa says hi, btw...

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

miraclelovely
On 11/29/2020 at 12:46 PM, Xiongmao said:

Wow, Komaki is so cute. I must admit I am really drawn to their expressions and Komaki's is lovely.

My Dollfie is brand new but I found that her joints were a bit loose out of the box and it culminated in her legs falling off during her first "pro" photo shoot 😬😬😬!!! So it might be worth taking yours apart and putting her together again? I'm not an expert though.

But yes, vinyl feels lovely, especially the DDDy curves.

My Towa says hi, btw...

spacer.png

thankfully for me, the only loose thing is her neck. i think i'm going to have to get a replacement part from coolcat because while i was checking about it, that was all i was seeing for solutions... that, and im terrified to take her apart because im honestly not even strong enough to get her secret joints to work in her knees- and can hardly use the ones in her arms LOL. its funny that you mentioned DDDy btw, because i'd seen a f3 body on mandarake for cheap and was so tempted to purchase it but didn't because shipping to my country is now suspended. by the way, your girl is SO cute! i love those glasses so much- do you mind if i ask where you got 'em?

3 hours ago, Miruna said:

The bear costume is adorable!

hey, thanks so much! i agree. it's super cute and i had just stumbled upon it by chance!

puxlavoix

Congrats on getting her that's a lovely girl right there @onion8@

I gotta tell you i just came in from your older post back when you saw her on mandarake and wanted to know how it turned out for the two of you because the pictures where just awful. Judging by them most people wouldn't had taken her home. 

So glad you decided to go for her, she's beautiful and in such great condition and that bear costume OMG. Congrats!

• Like 1

1505193317_sig1copy.png.892dcb9d95734be68d4282d5f06843bb.png1495205582_sig2copy.png.b9f2cb50f3c66e638bd5c8a75bd10688.png

miraclelovely
On 12/28/2020 at 3:42 PM, puxlavoix said:

Congrats on getting her that's a lovely girl right there @onion8@

I gotta tell you i just came in from your older post back when you saw her on mandarake and wanted to know how it turned out for the two of you because the pictures where just awful. Judging by them most people wouldn't had taken her home. 

So glad you decided to go for her, she's beautiful and in such great condition and that bear costume OMG. Congrats!

thank you so much, i agree. she's so lovely and i don't regret it at all- but judging from those photos.. yeah, they were absolutely atrocious LOL i thought for sure i was going to end up regretting it. sometimes risks pay off though, and this time it did for sure! she's my favorite part of my collection ^^

On 12/30/2020 at 2:09 PM, MagicantAce said:

Eeek she's so lovely!

thank you! i totally agree with you. she really is, and i could just go on and on gushing about her forever to be honest LOL

Yushimi

Gosh she's so cute! I especially love that grainy photo. She looks right at home ^^

• Like 1

Sewb

Congrats on your first DD! She's very cute 

• Like 1