Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
luisjavier_osorio

Azone 1/6 Soft body hip repair

luisjavier_osorio

The other day the hip joint of my Nagato Yuki doll broke. I managed to glue the pieces and reasemble her. She has an Obitsu 27BD-F05N body.

The fix worked for a couple of months. But now her legs are coming loose again and she won't stand. It is very likely that the small screw that keeps the joint together will be soon not tightening anymore.

Anyhow, I would like to find a replacement for these parts or an alternate... If possible, without having to buy a complete new body.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I would rather fix Yuki by other means than buying her spare parts. I am not stingy at all, but due to the recent pandemia, the mail system in Mexico (my country) is worst than ever. So buying might not be an option for God knows how long. But I will purchase if there is no choice.

BeyondTime

What type of glue did you use? The best thing would be a glue that is designed to fuse plastic parts together as opposed to just bonding them, but I don’t know what glue would be best for that type of plastic. A hobby store might be able to point you in the right direction.

Another option, if nothing else is working, is to glue the parts together, then drill small holes through them with a pin vice, and then put metal pins coated with a strong epoxy or plastic glue through the holes to secure the parts. This should make for a more secure repair until you can find a replacement. This video shows the basic concept. It’s a bit like a surgeon pinning a bone to make it stronger after a break.

https://youtu.be/RxKkZkGFpHM

In your case this is a hidden part, and you need a tight fit, so you want to put the parts together as tightly as possible and then put a pin through the break to strengthen the repair. It doesn’t matter if the hole for the pin shows because the part isn’t meant to be be seen. Be sure to file the cut ends of the pin flat so a sharp edge doesn’t damage the vinyl as you pose her. Hobby stores should carry all the stuff you need. 

I haven’t seen one of these dolls in person, so while I have some general advice for fixing broken plastic parts, I can’t say for sure my suggestion fits this doll and situation. You probably have a better idea if my suggestion can work.

Once you get off New Member status you can post a Want to Buy for the parts you need in our marketplace. I realize that’s not the best option under current circumstances, but it may save you the cost of a whole body. Long term I think you need the part replaced, but now isn’t the best time for mail order. 

We do have people on the forum who know Obitsu well, so maybe wait a little time to see if one of them replies with a more experienced perspective. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Tasuke

the way i see it, replacement is your best option.

my own 1/6 Yuki Nagato, the 2009 Megahouse version with molded hair, ought to be of close parity in size with your earlier AZONE version, and with the new OBITSU 26, she ought to turn out much the same as this, a highly recommended improvement. you can find this body available from HOBBY SEARCH at the moment.

i have five of them now, and the last four were sourced from HOBBY SEARCH, bought in batches of two over a couple of months.

each set was around $65 USD shipped DHL, and arrived well under a week...

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10654287

851591003_MikuruandYukiOBITSU26RESIZE301.jpg.fc9e667cc74c86798faddd852f68a2ee.jpg

145198187_MikuruandYukiOBITSU26RESIZE302.jpg.58e468eb850cfc8dab51224b2ce2d343.jpg

she fits existing 1/6 clothing very nicely, though having some light modification skills at hand are ideal;

462965515_YukiNagato10-10-20RESIZE30.jpg.cc5ee82059e230d430461b330650995c.jpg

Edited by Tasuke
  • Thanks 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

luisjavier_osorio
On 10/9/2020 at 1:03 PM, BeyondTime said:

What type of glue did you use? The best thing would be a glue that is designed to fuse plastic parts together as opposed to just bonding them, but I don’t know what glue would be best for that type of plastic. A hobby store might be able to point you in the right direction.

Another option, if nothing else is working, is to glue the parts together, then drill small holes through them with a pin vice, and then put metal pins coated with a strong epoxy or plastic glue through the holes to secure the parts. This should make for a more secure repair until you can find a replacement. This video shows the basic concept. It’s a bit like a surgeon pinning a bone to make it stronger after a break.

https://youtu.be/RxKkZkGFpHM

In your case this is a hidden part, and you need a tight fit, so you want to put the parts together as tightly as possible and then put a pin through the break to strengthen the repair. It doesn’t matter if the hole for the pin shows because the part isn’t meant to be be seen. Be sure to file the cut ends of the pin flat so a sharp edge doesn’t damage the vinyl as you pose her. Hobby stores should carry all the stuff you need. 

I haven’t seen one of these dolls in person, so while I have some general advice for fixing broken plastic parts, I can’t say for sure my suggestion fits this doll and situation. You probably have a better idea if my suggestion can work.

Once you get off New Member status you can post a Want to Buy for the parts you need in our marketplace. I realize that’s not the best option under current circumstances, but it may save you the cost of a whole body. Long term I think you need the part replaced, but now isn’t the best time for mail order. 

We do have people on the forum who know Obitsu well, so maybe wait a little time to see if one of them replies with a more experienced perspective. 

Sorry, I have not seen your reply until today. Did not receive any notification.

I used Loctite superglue 444 the time pieces broke. That was the best I had on hand. I will take a look to the video today and see if the fix suggested is enough until I get my hands on new parts or a complete body.

luisjavier_osorio
On 10/10/2020 at 8:29 AM, Tasuke said:

the way i see it, replacement is your best option.

my own 1/6 Yuki Nagato, the 2009 Megahouse version with molded hair, ought to be of close parity in size with your earlier AZONE version, and with the new OBITSU 26, she ought to turn out much the same as this, a highly recommended improvement. you can find this body available from HOBBY SEARCH at the moment.

i have five of them now, and the last four were sourced from HOBBY SEARCH, bought in batches of two over a couple of months.

each set was around $65 USD shipped DHL, and arrived well under a week...

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10654287

851591003_MikuruandYukiOBITSU26RESIZE301.jpg.fc9e667cc74c86798faddd852f68a2ee.jpg

145198187_MikuruandYukiOBITSU26RESIZE302.jpg.58e468eb850cfc8dab51224b2ce2d343.jpg

she fits existing 1/6 clothing very nicely, though having some light modification skills at hand are ideal;

462965515_YukiNagato10-10-20RESIZE30.jpg.cc5ee82059e230d430461b330650995c.jpg

Despite I still prefer keep my Yuki as originial as posible, I will consider your advice of getting a new body. Perhaps is way better than buying/re-making/fixing the current pieces.

Anyways, I am already saving for either option. 

Thanks.

luisjavier_osorio

How long does it take to get rid of the "new member" status?

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, luisjavier_osorio said:

How long does it take to get rid of the "new member" status?

2 weeks, and 30 posts. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

luisjavier_osorio
10 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

2 weeks, and 30 posts. 

Ok, just need more 18 posts. XD Not a big deal.

Thanks.

BeyondTime
19 minutes ago, luisjavier_osorio said:

Ok, just need more 18 posts. XD Not a big deal.

The Obitsu section is pretty active. 

luisjavier_osorio
15 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

The Obitsu section is pretty active. 

Good to know. That gives me hopes of finding what I need. It's pretty hard to find that kind of stuff here.