Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
kawaiimimilop

Help! Miku Leg Socket Broken

kawaiimimilop

Hi all! I'm looking for any advice about fixing a DD leg. My Miku's left leg has never fit very well, but today as I was moving her into a new cabinet it popped off. I tried to fit it back in but noticed a plastic piece fell on the shelf... it looks like the socket (?) just started breaking apart? I'm not quite sure how I would fix it, and dont know if it'd even be wise since it felt like this leg never properly fit. Any advice on what I can do? Can I get a replacement leg from Volks USA? Thanks for any info you can share! 

spacer.png

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, kawaiimimilop said:

I'm not quite sure how I would fix it, and dont know if it'd even be wise since it felt like this leg never properly fit.

The only fix for that is a replacement thigh or the internal frame part. The DDIII frames had cracking issues in exactly that spot, and at the shoulder.

1 hour ago, kawaiimimilop said:

Can I get a replacement leg from Volks USA?

They no longer make or sell the DDIII body parts. I checked their stock on Volks USA & Volks Japan and the thighs are sold out on both sites. You should be able to find them third party though, so all is not lost.

It looks like Dollfie World has one pair in stock. Don't let the price freak you out, that number should be Hong Kong Dollars, so about $55 USD plus shipping.

https://dollfieworld.com/en/hands-feet/1226-volks-ddiii-thighs-internal-frame-included.html

The thighs they have are Normal skin tone and not Miku's semi-white, but all you really need is the internal frame part. The frame will also be Normal skin color, but that part isn't visible except at the gap in the groin, so it shouldn't really matter if the color is off.

Just use a blow dryer to heat the vinyl and pull the frame out, then put it in Miku's thigh. It's not a perfect solution, but it will get Miku back together and she will pose normally.

There are other third party options like Mandarake, and Yahoo! Japan Auctions.

Alternatively you could buy her a new f3 body from Volks USA, but that will cost you $350 plus tax and shipping. The f3 is worth it imo, but it's a lot of money compared to a pair of thighs. The upside to buying an f3 body is you won't have to worry about not being able to get parts for it.

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=10050

Lastly, once you get to 30 posts you will have marketplace access here. You can post a WTB for the thighs in the right color, but that may take time.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Jezrah

Personally I would first try glueing it back together using plastic epoxy glue and reinforcing it with a small zip tie or an aluminum sheath from Coolcat. If I was still unsatisfied with the posing after that, then I would consider replacing the part. Of course, if you don't have those things on hand and would have to buy them first anyway, you might decide not to bother.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Tasuke

indeed, that looks easily reparable, and there appears to be plenty of space for a couple of small cable/zip-ties to fit around the cracked shaft and provide ample reinforcement.

if you can pull the good hip free without damage, you might want to reinforce that hip-shaft with cable ties as well, a good preventative measure...

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png