Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Gabihime

Ballet Feet for DD!

Gabihime

So I’ve been sculpting for the first time since high school!  I really wanted some beautiful demipointe feet for one of my DD girls because she is a ballet dancer.  I’m sculpting them in air dry clay, and then plan to cast them in flexible resin.

After I finish these there are some other feet I want to sculpt too, as well as some hands.  I’ll keep this post updated as I work!E5799841-155E-4028-883D-939319836E39.jpeg.48325963f1ce954edd1fc6a58fa0eb78.jpeg441D5164-6B58-48E7-A3D2-35CE5B334868.jpeg.38dc29c95ba7c87be7238284273ff7d1.jpeg

• Like 2

IenNesto

Wow, this is quite intriguing.  It will be interesting to see the final result. Good luck!

Gabihime

Ahh thank you!  I actually have done a lot on the feet since the last time I posted, but I had a time sensitive commission I needed to finish so I put them on hold for a while.  I can now get back to them. One of the demipointe feet is basically completely finished, except for carving post holes.  The other one is largely finished, although I still need to complete the shape and carve the details.

B314CA7D-C68C-4C1A-B71A-02876B9A60D4.jpeg.3451220db47b925908bf8c007720d61c.jpeg

D9BE8525-3927-4F04-86CE-A8FE4AE0912D.jpeg.0193fedeb6b97af5cf805313be3af0ce.jpeg

You can also see that I’ve started the basic blocking on the pointe feet.  These aren’t meant for standing, but rather for dance and gymnastics poses where one foot is extended in that beautiful curve.

Bellatrix

In my opinion they look more like high heel feet, rather than ballet feet... and I am just in love with the idea! :) 

Keep on the great work, can't wait to see how they turn out like!

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Gabihime

They’re meant to be demipointe feet rather than pointe feet, so yeah, they can look like ultra high heeled feet, which means they can totally be used for that too.

I’ve been working hard to make sure they’re weighted properly and stable, so that a DD can stand on them without a stand.

Chilmark

@Gabihime have you considered adding magnets to the soles of the the demipointe feet when you cast them? Just thinkin' about how magnet-footed Obitsu are better at one-legged balancing, it might make it easier to do poses where the whole doll is balanced on the ball of one foot.

I can't wait to see how the pointe feet come out!

Gabihime
On 2/8/2021 at 11:25 AM, Chilmark said:

@Gabihime have you considered adding magnets to the soles of the the demipointe feet when you cast them? Just thinkin' about how magnet-footed Obitsu are better at one-legged balancing, it might make it easier to do poses where the whole doll is balanced on the ball of one foot.

I can't wait to see how the pointe feet come out!

I’m absolutely going to put magnets in them!  I recently put magnets in the feet of several of my vinyl dolls that don’t have them, and now I can’t live without them lol.

Its been so cold lately that I haven’t been sculpting, but I want to finish my girl Demi pointe and pointe feet so I can do matching ones for boys.  I have a dancing pair.

To some degree I have to decided on stability vs beauty of detail on the very bottom of the feet, the part in contact with the ground.  Making it more solid, like the bottom of a shoe, and then detailing the rest of the foot makes it the most stable, and I still think it looks nice, but it does mean that part of the foot is very flat.  It should always be in contact with the ground, so it’s not a huge issue, but — I think these are things doll makers learn over time as they work ahahaha.  When functionality is important vs. artistry.

• Like 2