Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Higurashi When They Cry

Monty

‘Project’ certainly implies more than one! I’ve always thought Higurashi seemed like such an ‘obvious’ thing for there to be DDs of that I was surprised when I found out there wasn’t any yet, especially cos of the Umineko ones, so this collab feels long overdue.
I wonder when we can expect them? Summer would certainly fit the theme and name.

hellFlower

Oh no. My wallet's in terrible danger.

Victoria

So excited! I love the show. 

I would not want to own one, tho, as I don't really like the characters and I'mexpecting them to look very sweet while all I connect with this anime is pain and death. xD 

Beani

Oh wow this totally caught me off guard. I didn't even consider these girls as a possibility but I just love these characters. Whether they will capture me as dolls though... not sure yet. I guess Rena would be done first though I think I'd prefer to see Rika.

I suppose I shouldn't be so surprised as they did do Umineko dolls quite a while ago (I'd love a Beatrice but :(so they do have a prior relationship, but still! 

(Angel Mort outfits please?!)

Edit: Thinking on it more Shion would probably make the prettiest doll? But getting all the way to her seems unlikely.

Edited by Beani

Kotone

This is the only series I would ever feel the need to own all of the characters in lmao.

I cannot WAIT for my current Rika to have a “twin” 💖

... I wonder if Volks will finally make more boys with Keiichi (and to a lesser but very hopeful extent— Satoshi)

my bet is that the first one will be Rena, followed by Mion. They’re the two most popular and their arcs are the first two so it would make sense.

Beani

@Kotone Rena and Mion are the most popular now? I always thought that Rena and Rika were the most popular.

Edited by Beani

finnleo

Im a little surprised they didnt continue with the Umineko stuff with the demons (Hai, Angel mort delux getup), but 7th expansion non the less...

The thing is when they did Umineko they went Maria first and then Beat who you would have think would been the starter... And Maria isnt.. an easy character.

So with that in mind the easy solution would be to just rebox Maria Ushiromiya as Hanyuu ... same general looks, same seyuu...

But just that in mind it could be a curve ball.

MoonyKat

I’m VERY excited to see what they come up with!!  My wallet is in so much danger...

I also agree with others here that Rena will likely be first.  She seems to be the most recognizable and popular character.  Good Smile also just recently announced a nendoroid of her.

Anna-neko

wow.. that IS a surprise!

Volks decided Umineko girls were a bit lonely and needed new bloody company? =P

Ylse

First the anime reboot and now a DD project! I have no idea which character would go first. I always thought Rika was the most popular but I can see Rena being first too. Maybe double release with Rika and Rena together?

Kotone

@Beani I assume before 2020 started airing that most people who came into contact with the anime or first few arcs on the sound novel like rena and mion best. I know a large portion of first-timers don’t make it past Onikakushi-hen because it’s kind of a slog so 😆

Rika is far and away my favorite and one of my favorite anime/game characters of all time. I’m glad if others feel the same way hehe.

I am 100% getting any Rika and Hanyuu they come out with. Satoko is a probably yes, and maybe just maybe Volks will coax me into collecting full-sized dolls with the rest of the cast lol.

Pit

Honestly, I never thought this collaboration could be possible. It's hard for me, for example, to relate the Mion's insane laughing face with a sweet Dollfie.

• Like 1

finnleo
1 hour ago, Pit said:

for example, to relate the Mion's insane laughing face with a sweet Dollfie.

Simple... for instance just look at how happy rena is in the lower left corner with her machete...

50580159801_b1d412d01d_b.jpg

(pardon the mosaic, Elcie was caught in a compromized angle...)

But there will be questions ... will Rena have a Macheté ...

Spoiler

will Shion/Mion have the tattoo on their back, would Rika come with a syringe (the little one there has one behind her back ready to go), or a bottle of Sake. Would Mion/Shion have partially clear manicured fingernails to simulate that one plot detail.

But also will be curious will volks add detail on the outfits, since apart from the angel mort uniform, they are quite simple things in the end... then again doing simple can be difficult also on occasion.

• Haha 2

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, finnleo said:

will Shion/Mion have the tattoo on their back,

If they do, then it will likely be a decal that you add after purchase. 

And as a side note, it looks like more MDD collabs are incoming. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Kotone

I wonder if like Cirno, there will be a “new design” outfit and then purchasable classic designs because Cirno has a very simple outfit in her design as well. That or they’ll come with their casual outfit or school outfit and then the other would be purchasable (though Angel Mort costumes being made would be SO good)

Since there are usually accessories when they’re applicable, it’s prooobably safe to assume everyone will have their trademark “weapons” like the axe, taser, syringe etc.  

Edited by Kotone

finnleo
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

then it will likely be a decal that you add after purchase.

*looks at box filled with character clothing that contains unapplied Snow and Regular miku 01's, and also Beatrice's thigh crest* ... You dont say....

The more peculiar thing with this perticular thing is that its a full technicolor yakuza spec that goes from shoulders to the butt which would also look a bit awkward on a two piece torso. (if I recall correct, its never shown in series, but its in the original first series season 1 opening)

But I know a good curve ball starting model ... Keiichi, with the PVC police woman outfit as an optional thing from the Kira OVA ...

Edited by finnleo

BeyondTime
24 minutes ago, finnleo said:

The more peculiar thing with this perticular thing is that its a full technicolor yakuza spec that goes from shoulders to the butt which would also look a bit awkward on a two piece torso.

Yeah, that wouldn’t even work with the old unitorso. It sounds like something that would have to be painted on to do it properly. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

TheWhiteRabbit

HYYYYPE! I love Higurashi and I'm in trouble no matter what characters they choose. I would love a Mion and Shion combo! That would be my ultimate choice (I always planned on customs one day). I can can see them marketing the new MDD body on Rika and Hanyuu aswell. I also feel Rena is likely to make the first draft for sure (assuming multiples)

• Like 1

Follow me on Twitter :)https://twitter.com/WhiteRabbit887

Nekozoe

I’m thinking for Mion they might give her an alternate outfit and wig set to become Shion! This seems more likely since the sisters look similar <3

Tokimemofan

X.X if they do the Angel Mort outfits my wallet is toast even though I could care less about higurashi

[Chichi9521]

Am actually super excited about this, hopefully they will finally make Gasai Yuno 🥺

Meowjima

..... make Rika with an alternate Bernkastel outfit.

Edited by Meowjima

Veravey
On 11/8/2020 at 10:09 AM, finnleo said:

Simple... for instance just look at how happy rena is in the lower left corner with her machete...

50580159801_b1d412d01d_b.jpg

Is that the Ivar shelf system I see? @onion28@I've been using that series for years, I love it! Also given how this year is going, maybe Rena is on to something and I should look into getting a machete.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif