Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Higurashi When They Cry

BeyondTime
20 minutes ago, 20blackbags said:

Japan has a lottery starting April 18th I think 🤔.

Japan lists them as pre-order, but people who attend the Dolpa get their dolls this summer instead of autumn. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Ui-
On 11/8/2020 at 12:50 AM, childepaladin said:

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/higurashi/ 

It looks like we'll be getting Higurashi DDs next year. 

Edit: 

MDD Rena 

rena.jpg.1b7a73de4ac49637c14cfd12e622b3c9.jpg

I’m legit freaking out. I met the guy at Sakura Con. He did a quick Q&A and I asked, “Considering brilliantly you’re able to come up with murders that are disturbing beyond belief, I have but one question: “Are you OK, buddy?”

WHOLE PLACE BUSTED UP LAUGHING. 

even him. It’s when he was describing his new game for the first time and he told it to AMERICAS at SAKURA CON first. I felt so honored. Even Japanese people did know until he released that info.

He answered, “Homicidally I’m fine, so you don’t have to worry about that! The rest, I’m not so sure about!”

HAHA! It was a brilliant panel. I was so happy to meet him. Higurashi defined my childhood interest in horror. 

She’s another added to the list of R E W U I R E D dolls. The whole set. 

I’m worried I may have to give up on Elsa and Anna for them..... wkckcjjrjfjndjkdjcdkkswwjei *pulls hair out* I wish I knew release dates better >_< For the Higurashi series AND the Anna/Else SDs. One is is SdGr I think and the other is SD16. But... so expensive... and ugh.... I HATE THIS HOBBY!!!! -My wallet

Poofiemus

She's cute. . . but only if I don't think of her as the Rena from the anime series that introduced me to her. For that, she would have had to be DDS. MDD is an odd choice. Anf honestly, even if I try to think of her head as custom bait, I'm just not liking her mouth--bit of an overbite, and I'm not really looking to add any Matt Goening characters to my crew lol. (Well, I might make an exception for Tiabeanie, but then she'd need to have buck teeth AND an overbite.)

Edited by Poofiemus
  • Like 1

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

[Chichi9521]
On 3/14/2021 at 4:57 PM, BeyondTime said:

Japan lists them as pre-order, but people who attend the Dolpa get their dolls this summer instead of autumn. 

So how do I go about purchasing her? I've only ever ordered Miku's bar Sakura so I don't know how it works :(

finnleo
11 minutes ago, [Chichi9521] said:

So how do I go about purchasing her

If its the Megurine Luka deal over again which I am familiar with:

First you need to register a user account at Volks international (since you are in the UK, Volks USA is out of bounds).

Then you need to apply for the Volks Global member program, which will cost you 500yen -- You will need this to be able to order either Meiko or Rena. - The registration can be clogged up on occasion, but mine cleared in a day or so last week.

Orders start for people using the webstore on April 19th and continue up to May 5th. You will need to pay the full ammount right away.

Then sometime in the fall, you will get Chucky Rena in the mail.

If you are impatient you could try the more spicy and exciting auction and second hand markets (mandarake usually gets one of two) but the markup might not be worth it, since everybody who wants a meiko and rena will get one without obvious limitations.

Edited by finnleo

[Chichi9521]
3 minutes ago, finnleo said:

If its the Megurine Luka deal over again which I am familiar with:

First you need to register a user account at Volks international (since you are in the UK, Volks USA is out of bounds).

Then you need to apply for the Volks Global member program, which will cost you 500yen -- You will need this to be able to order either Meiko or Rena. - The registration can be clogged up on occasion, but mine cleared in a day or so last week.

Orders start for people using the webstore on April 19th and continue up to May 5th. You will need to pay the full ammount right away.

Then sometime in the fall, you will get Chucky Rena in the mail.

If you are impatient you could try the more spicy and exciting auction and second hand markets (mandarake usually gets one of two) but the markup might not be worth it, since everybody who wants a meiko and rena will get one without obvious limitations.

Right okay, so... It's not like a lottery thing where I might not be able to purchase one?? I have an account so just need to do the registration. Then after May 5th if I have not ordered one i'll have to in the aftermarket? Or can they sell out beforehand? 
First time doing it so not 100% sure :') 

finnleo
Just now, [Chichi9521] said:

Then after May 5th if I have not ordered one i'll have to in the aftermarket? Or can they sell out beforehand?

May 5 (up to midnight japanese time) is the cut off date for orders. They might have an overflow of items in the fall, but thats not gauranteed.

Usually lottery's are the norm, on the items page it sayes something to the tone of "This time we are doing a special to-order sale due to the pandemic, to show gratitute to dollfie fans"

Meiko probably would have been a limited preorder like Luka was back in the day, but its a bit special for the whole event lineup to get the same treatment.

[Chichi9521]
2 minutes ago, finnleo said:

May 5 (up to midnight japanese time) is the cut off date for orders. They might have an overflow of items in the fall, but thats not gauranteed.

Usually lottery's are the norm, on the items page it sayes something to the tone of "This time we are doing a special to-order sale due to the pandemic, to show gratitute to dollfie fans"

Meiko probably would have been a limited preorder like Luka was back in the day, but its a bit special for the whole event lineup to get the same treatment.

Awesome, thanks for the help. I got the GL membership so hopefully I can order Rena when the time comes :3 

I just looked at the site and I have missed so much, the reboot Miku I missed but I can just get a DDF3 body for mine I already have. I really like this system and I hope they keep it *fingers crossed* 

20blackbags

Not sure if this was linked yet, but the have the information page up about the pre order, and the school uniform.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/higurashi/?fbclid=IwAR2zEOdTwQPjSBbvL9yV62qz67NOkF6wyJBr2a5Oad-wRuxLK9iTLm67Wwc

It says the school uniform is MMD s/m only. I might buy it to see if it fits my ddp.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/special/higurashi/dress01.html

86DA3624-6B06-41B0-B30F-B596590665E6.jpeg

Edited by 20blackbags

Bellatrix

Going slightly off topic, I wonder if this release means they'll do more girls from the series, and if they'll rerelease Beatrice. 

As far as I am aware, in Japan another videogame from the Umineko series has been released.. it would make sense to rerelease The Golden Witch, as she is still the main character. 

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

finnleo
22 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

if they'll rerelease Beatrice

The thing to keep in mind with the Higurashi release is the effort in following the original ryukishi artwork for inspiration. if I recall correct the original umineko VN character art was still very much like higurashi's, chunky - although a little bit more refined. the question being would the the story arc portraits which were done by Ekusa Takahito (Who did some of the art for the higurashi adaptations too) make a difference .. so considering this. a beat re-release with this mindset would mean a L-bust DDP.

Nekozoe

I wonder if they’re only releasing Rena. I really wanted a Mion/Shion, but if they’re not planning on releasing them, I’ll get Rena. I don’t have enough money to buy them all ;-;.

I feel if they were planning on making more girls it would’ve been announced already. ;v;

Kotone
4 hours ago, Nekozoe said:

I wonder if they’re only releasing Rena. I really wanted a Mion/Shion, but if they’re not planning on releasing them, I’ll get Rena. I don’t have enough money to buy them all ;-;.

I feel if they were planning on making more girls it would’ve been announced already. ;v;

I believe because the original teaser page said "2021-???" it's safe enough to say this is a multi doll collab spanning past 2021. They should be spaced out, if you think you'd want all of them (though I would hazard a guess that Shmion would be released together, and maybe Rika/Satoko as one release given the dynamic of Gou/Sotsu)

moerunamida

Ugh, now this girl is catching my eye. I don't know if I can get a doll yet this year, but so many cuties are being released! I'm not familiar with the character/anime but an MDD wielding a machete? That just begs "Write me a story!" (Edit: It can also apply for working relate especially around the holidays. Here is your receipt, sir *grin*)

Edited by Deyja

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Tasuke

OOOOHHHHHifihadthemoneyi'dbealloverthat;

drs_MDDRena01_p02.jpg?width=1920&height=

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

[Chichi9521]

Got mine all ordered :3 Never been so into a MDD other than Maria which I couldn't afford. Cant wait to have her in my hands!!

Bellatrix

I wish they made a video to show her from different angles, as they did with Meiko. I am not 100% sold on the face sculpt, I'd have loved to see her from different perspectives to make up my mind. As I am in such a doubt, I am afraid I shall pass :S

abs2891

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

some pics from in store

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bellatrix

Thanks for this! Really appreciate it. 

I can say I am not too drawn on her head sculpt, so I guess I am safe this time around.

• Like 1

OccultBeast
3 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

I wish they made a video to show her from different angles, as they did with Meiko.

They did!

Bellatrix
12 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

They did!

Aaaand this made me question my decision not to get her ahahahah 

I wonder why her eyeholes look so elongated in the pics, but just so cute in the video!!! 

Gosh, this decision is so hard.

• Like 1

OccultBeast
4 minutes ago, Bellatrix said:

Gosh, this decision is so hard.

Haha, I'm sure I didn't make your decision any easier, but I thought you should at least have all the information at your disposal before deciding~!  Deliberating over a doll purchase is truly just the worst!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Veravey

She’s very cute as s doll but I wonder if her eyes are a bit too gentle for her personality? Either way, congrats to anyone excited for a Higurashi release! I love seeing less represented franchises get attention.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Gweneveryn
On 3/16/2021 at 10:36 PM, Poofiemus said:

She's cute. . . but only if I don't think of her as the Rena from the anime series that introduced me to her. For that, she would have had to be DDS. MDD is an odd choice. Anf honestly, even if I try to think of her head as custom bait, I'm just not liking her mouth--bit of an overbite, and I'm not really looking to add any Matt Goening characters to my crew lol. (Well, I might make an exception for Tiabeanie, but then she'd need to have buck teeth AND an overbite.)

I feel this, cause Rika and Satoko are even shorter and smaller than Rena, and if they are indeed making a project and releasing most characters over time, I wonder how that would pan out... 

Nekozoe

Hey! Just a heads up. Volks USA confirmed that the uniform set will be lottery.

I made my first purchase on the Volks JP website since it seems like it wasn’t a lottery item.

spacer.png 

• Thanks 1