Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Heshiko

Wigs Similar to Azone's Beshine Line?

Heshiko

I'm not by any means a wig expert, but I feel I've been spoiled by starting with Azone wigs. I don't really know much of the technical details, but I can definitely feel the difference when compared to the standard volks wigs and a few cheaper wigs I've handled (not sure on brands, as they came bundled with heads).

So, that in mind, does anyone have a favorite wig maker that has similar feel and quality to the Azone Beshine wigs? 

Specifically I'm looking for shoulder-length or chest-length light blond wigs. Heat-resistance isn't an issue for me, but I have noticed better quality wigs tend to be heat resistant regardless. I'm also not super worried about price if the quality is high - I don't mind paying a premium on a wig, since that's one of the most important parts of a doll for me. (Within reason of course 😆)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Heshiko
Typo...

Testament

I love beshine wigs for my AP, my favorite one is a beshine special white color.

I'm pretty satisfied with Himekazura by Mandarake, too.

• Thanks 1

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Heshiko

Beshine wigs are just SO GOOD!

I have heard good things about Himekazura, and in fact I have one in particular that I would love to buy, but I have some sort of issue with my Mandarake account and the support staff haven't been very responsive. I should probably try again, it's been a couple months... 

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cauldroness

I am also obsessed with Beshine wigs and constantly have to remind myself that I don't need to own every Beshine wig ever made... (But I want to.)

I will second Himekazura. They're not as good as Beshine, but they're pretty good!

Leeke is another step down. A lot of my girls wear Leeke for the color variety. The bonus here is Denver Doll is a Leeke dealer and often has Leeke wigs in stock, so you can buy from them, get almost-instant gratification and pay only domestic shipping. Note Leeke uses dark wig caps for dark-colored wigs, unlike Beshine and Himekazura.

• Thanks 1

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Heshiko

Well, the good news is I was able to find a workaround to the Mandarake issue and have ordered a wig I've been looking at for about a year now lol

I don't think I've seen Leeke wigs before, but I do like the variety. I may have to order one for research purposes!

Gabihime
On 12/3/2020 at 10:12 PM, Heshiko said:

Well, the good news is I was able to find a workaround to the Mandarake issue and have ordered a wig I've been looking at for about a year now lol

I don't think I've seen Leeke wigs before, but I do like the variety. I may have to order one for research purposes!

Leek quality can also vary based on the size of the wig.  I’ve had the same one in the same color and style look okay as an 8-9 wig, but not as a MSD sized wigs.

For color variety, I’ve always enjoyed the wigs from For My Doll.  They’ll also do custom color mixes, which is how I got my original Gabriel wigs so close to her concept art.

I really want to try Beshine wigs now, because I’ve never had one!  For people wigs, I love Japanese wigs and I’d say I own something like forty at this point.  The quality of the fiber makes a huuuuuge difference in how a wig looks, feels, and behaves, and also influences the maintenance required.

If Beshine are made domestically in Japan, they’re probably using a high quality fiber, although I probably won’t be able to tell which until I handle one.  It might be nylon, which I have been in love with since 1985 ahahaha.

Is Beshine an Azone house brand or are they available anywhere else?

I just noticed you’re in Austin!  I just moved from Austin in July, after being there for eleven years!

• Like 1

Heshiko
On 12/6/2020 at 11:45 PM, Gabihime said:

Leek quality can also vary based on the size of the wig.  I’ve had the same one in the same color and style look okay as an 8-9 wig, but not as a MSD sized wigs.

For color variety, I’ve always enjoyed the wigs from For My Doll.  They’ll also do custom color mixes, which is how I got my original Gabriel wigs so close to her concept art.

I really want to try Beshine wigs now, because I’ve never had one!  For people wigs, I love Japanese wigs and I’d say I own something like forty at this point.  The quality of the fiber makes a huuuuuge difference in how a wig looks, feels, and behaves, and also influences the maintenance required.

If Beshine are made domestically in Japan, they’re probably using a high quality fiber, although I probably won’t be able to tell which until I handle one.  It might be nylon, which I have been in love with since 1985 ahahaha.

Is Beshine an Azone house brand or are they available anywhere else?

I just noticed you’re in Austin!  I just moved from Austin in July, after being there for eleven years!

Aaaaaahhhh I didn't get the notification for this, I'm sorry!!

Good to know regarding the sizing, though I'll likely only be buying 8-9" wigs lol. 

Hadn't checked out For My Doll, but they do seem to have a pretty good collection, which seems very interesting. I might have to try them out as well!

Beshine wigs are definitely my favorite of the brands I've handled, they are indeed an Azone house brand. If you're in the market I know Fabric Friends & Dolls in the US carries them, if you don't want to deal with a proxy. 

And yeah, Austin born and raised! Hope you enjoyed your time here.