Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Xiongmao

My First Dollfie - DDDy Towa [Slightly NSFW Due to DDDy]

Xiongmao

Hi everyone,

This is my DDDy Towa. She's been a bright light in a very dark year. We're still thinking of her real name and nickname, but I actually quite like Towa.

I chose her because I love her facial expression and as she's a basic model I can have fun sourcing outfits for her. I must admit that her basic nightdress is really nice though. I think her thighs are amazing and she just wants to show them off too.

I'm still really short of props 'n' stuff but I realised my sister in law's tiny bears she makes on etsy could be a good prop:

spacer.png

It's a little tricky capturing white clothes and a dark bear but I kind of like where this photoshoot was heading.

Towa doesn't have many outfits yet but I did get this official outfit:

spacer.png

This is the Flower Breeze Chinoiserie Dress and it's made especially for those busty DDDy girls. It's a nice outfit although it my cat spots those tassels then it's toast.

I'd like to do more photoshoots but it's not easy this time of year when it's dark all the time.

I love how poseable she is although I did strip her down and rebuild her after her legs fell off while shooting this:

spacer.png

I love these official black and white thigh-highs. The boots were like $5 on AliExpress but they're not that bad really.

What I like about Towa is her innocent face and omg that chest....

spacer.png

She does not truly know the effect she has on guys!

• Like 9

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

miraclelovely

congratulations! she's adorable, and i'm glad to see you're enjoying her. i love that expression on her face, it's just so soft. i feel like she's just such a good pick for a first dollfie!

MrFjmg03

Congrats she is gorgeous!

Towa is my favorite sculpt so far. I think is a great choice to be your first DD :)

Miruna

Congrats, she truly is the best looking standard model!

Xiongmao

Thanks for your kind comments everyone!

So to another installment of my dollfie diary. Well my life has fallen to pieces again, but Towa is keeping me going.

Actually, Towa too has been falling to pieces... more specifically her legs. Her f3 skeleton is pretty cool but the peg system that holds her legs on is somewhat lacking. I now think that I've got her legs on properly but I do worry about posing her in different leg positions as her legs seem so prone to fall off. Fortunately I think I now know the knack of putting her legs back on.

Some big news this week - our first ever shipment from Volks arrived! I'm taking the customs charge out of her allowance.

Here's some of what we bought:

spacer.png

First up - Miku hair!!!

I first found Dollfies because I wanted a Miku Doll but realised that it was better to get a Dollfie than the Smart Dolls I had heard about before. So anyway, I jumped at the chance of being able to buy standalone Miku hair.

As somebody commented in my introduction thread, long hair isn't necessarily a good thing as she needs a lot of tidying up:

spacer.png

But hey - it's Miku hair!

She's also wearing the DDDy Ruffle skirts and blouse set. It's quite nice but I think the ribbon on the necktie is a little long. Maybe I haven't tied it on right.

The blouse is quite nice and shows off That Chest really nicely. The skirt matches well but I might swap it out for a pencil skirt if I see one I like. Highlight for me in this outfit is the one thing that's not visible - her panties. The ones that come with it are super kawaii and much cooler than her original Towa panties.

I bought another major thing too, but first it's time for another shot of That Hair...

spacer.png

It's surprising how different she looks wearing it.

One more thing we bought... actually two more as I bought an official hairbrush (which kind of looks like a toothbrush 😁). The main thing I bought (and the reason the Volks box was so big) was the Miku doll carrying case. It's really lovely and just the thing to store her and her worldly goods, especially if we go on a photoshoot.

I've got a couple more outfits on order - a school fuku outfit that may or may not fit and a swimwear and skirt set that hopefully should fit (well the skirt is for DDDy girls so it should be fine). There's also something I've got my eye on in Japan which would look really good on her.

So has anyone else got Miku hair for their dolls (or even the full Miku)? I'd like the full outfit at some point but a DDDy girl's really going to struggle to fit into regular Miku's outfits 😬.

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

Jezrah

Congrats, the Miku hair is cute. 

If her legs have fallen off more than once, they are likely not seated right. They shouldn't be easily falling off when installed correctly as long as you push the hips back together after re-posing her several times. On the F3 bodies the hip part has to be inserted into the central part at the right angle, or it doesn't go in the whole way.

There's pictures here:

https://www.dollfiedream.tokyo/dd_en/support/howto_ddf3_ddp/

Also, the ribbon tie on that outfit is meant to go underneath the shirt collar, so it should fit better there.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Xiongmao

OMG I'm so stupid - now the bow looks much better!

I think her legs are OK now and I also seem to have found out a good way to put them on. Maybe they will find a better way of attaching her legs if they make an F4 body.

And yes, the Miku hair is cute but it's definitely high maintenence. I want to buy a red wig like the Towa default one. I think that would look really cute. I'm amazed at how different she looks with different hair on. Well if anyone else wants Miku hair without an actual Miku it's currently available from the Volks stores. I might even get a real Miku, but I'm not a fan of the latest Mikus.

Xiongmao

Some photos from Towa's first outdoor photoshoot. It might also be her last because she fell over and got muddy 😬. Now she refuses to go out until she gets a stand. What a princess 😇.

So Towa is still wearing her Miku hair. I'm kind of scared to damage her default hair in case it's irreplaceable. Although it must be said that the Miku hair was not cheap...

spacer.png

All photos were taken with my Canon EOS 550D and EF-S 17-55mm f2.8. The camera and lens are both getting on a bit now but it's still a nice bit of kit. The main issue I had is that this wasn't an ideal outfit to photograph as there's a lot of contrast between the white blouse and everything else in the shots. We've got more outfits on order though...

We're really lucky in that we live a few minutes walk from a Dollfie sized railway...

spacer.png

Any more diva-like demands from Towa and I'll be doing a shoot where I tie her to the rails 😂.

This location definitely has potential, but I'm buying her a stand before I risk any more photos. If she fell on her front again and smashed her cute button nose in I would be horrified 😪.

spacer.png

Woodland is always good for doll photography I guess, so I gave it a go:

spacer.png

I risked moving her legs to sit her down on a wall. I seem to have resolved the issue with her legs falling off...

spacer.png

I know mobile phone cameras are pretty amazing these days but the EOS lenses make for nice blurred out backgrounds. I've also got the EF-S 60mm macro lens which I'll do another photoshoot with sometime.

spacer.png

I think the photo below has babes in the wood overtones. It also shows that Towa's having a bit of a bad hair day. That Miku hair needs to be tamed!

spacer.png

Experimenting with poses:

spacer.png

I kind of like this photo, although shortly after I took it she fell face first into the muddy grass... Smack 🤒.

She got mud in her hair and I was worried her elbow got damaged but she seems to be alright. Well anyway that's a wrap for outdoor photoshoots unless there's absolutely no wind or her stand arrives (which will be a while as I've not actually ordered one yet).

• Like 1

Mega Negi

I ended up braiding Miku's hair. It was either that or a buttload of product.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Thanks everyone!

I found out she has found my credit card again and placed an order on Mandarake 😲. I wonder what kawaii outfit she has chosen?

• Like 1

Chilmark

The railway pictures are lovely, what a cool setting!

An anti-static/wrinkle-reducing spray will help tame the flyaways in the wig; if you're in the US, Downy Wrinkle Release comes in travel-sized bottles that are perfect for doll applications. That, plus always having a toothbrush on hand. Miku-specifically, I've seen cosplay magazines recommend hairspraying just the ends of the twintails to keep the nice shape.

I have the Dynamite thigh problem with my girl too, she's on the DDIII frame but I think the curve of the thigh leverages the frame apart when her hip is flexed.

Xiongmao

Earlier this morning I heard squeals of delight from my gloomy December kitchen and saw Towa was unboxing a couple of packages from overseas.

She had ordered a sailor fuku set from AliExpress and a couple of items from Adyka Doll.

spacer.png

The sailor fuku set was quite cheap and the quality is not amazing. However, she decided the red ribbon from it was an excellent addition to her ruffle top, and she is no longer sad that the blue bowtie that came with it has broken 😪. It also came with some not amazing long socks and a top and panties set. The panties are quite nice but she said that only the real Miku chan would fit into the crop top.

If you look carefully she's already wearing the Adyka white mini skirt with belts (DDDy version). I complimented her on the nice fit, although that side split is fairly scandalous allowing boy dolls a little glimpse of her panties 😚. It's also a little skimpy at the back, so she'd better be careful if she goes out in it on breezy days.

As for the sailor fuku, it kind of looks like something I would make if I tried making doll clothes I guess but it does actually fit her DDDy assets.

Most of her squealing was for the cleavage & ruffles two piece swimsuit set from Adyka:

spacer.png

She reckons boy Smart Dolls will split their pants when they see her dressed in this. Then I explained to her that I'd have to remove her head to fit her into it, so she said it was fine, I'll wear my ruffle blouse and white mini for a while...

Has anyone else ordered from Adyka? The stuff came pretty quickly and passed under the radar of the customs officials. It's a shame they don't have many other outfits on sale, but I guess for many Dollfies and Smart Dolls their signature swimsuit is a must buy. The white skirt is excellent too, although Towa has decided to wear it differently to the Adyka models because she thinks those belt loops are just so hip.

There's still a Mandarake outfit on order and it was a really good find. We must remember to keep looking on there for interesting stuff.

Have a good Christmas everybody 🌲🌲🌲!

• Like 1

Xiongmao

I finally figured out how to take Towa's head off, which was a good thing to do as her new Adyka Doll swimsuit doesn't have a back opening.

She got really excited when I got this santa hat as part of a Christmas present. Sadly it's more like 1/4 doll sized but she does look super cute with it perched on her head. We'll definitely get a santa outfit sorted for next Christmas.

spacer.png

Anyway, the Adyka swimsuit fits really well. I hope they expand their range of clothing next year because their stuff is fabulous.

Here's the whole two piece:

spacer.png

It's a perfect fit for DDDy babes although the sleeves look a little long. Towa says they're pretty cool since it's not exactly the best time of year to be wearing such outfits.

She's been wearing this for a while but I reckon she'll have a swift costume change once her Mandarake parcel arrives in the next week or two...

• Like 1

April

I love your Towa! She looks great in everything you have put her in so far. Cant wait to see what goodies her next Mandarake parcel contains 😁

• Like 1

baldylox

Yay!  Isn't it great to see happy girls wearing pretty things that they like?  :)  She looks wonderful in the Adyka setup!  I'm glad she got that.  My girls really like them too.

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Xiongmao

So Covid has cost me my 4th job in a row but on a cold, grey and depressing Winter's day a ray of sunshine has appeared... our parcel from Mandarake!

And here it is - the Dollfie Dreams ToHeart2 outfit. Experts can fill me in on whose outfit she has but as far as I'm aware it was sold as a standalone set. Anyway they seem to appear quite frequently but Towa spotted it and squealed "buy me, buy me, buy me" 😁.

spacer.png

Incidentally, the long socks came with it but I need to source some black shoes to complete the look. The outfit is very well made and is in decent condition. Despite being a DDDy outfit it was still a tight fit and every time I did up on popper on the top's front another one came undone 😬.

I'm wary of staining (the yellow cardboard insert was stained) so she's wearing her bodystocking. The outfit is lined (and the skirt has an inner skirt) but even so this might be an outfit for special occasions only. It does look really awesome though, and really compliments her hair. Oh and for anyone who is really into doll outfits the top's pink material is lovely - it feels quite smooth and is generally lovely.

Now I have time on my hands I've thought about buying a sewing machine but making an outfit like this... yikes!

I wish I had more props but this umbrella was a good buy from AliExpress:

spacer.png

So we're very pleased with the outfit even though the customs charge added 40% to the cost (ouch!) 😬. Mandarake is going to have to be for extra special items from now on.

BTW I'll take some more outdoor photos if the weather improves as these nighttime handheld ones are are bit blurry. I thought you'd all like to see this outfit though - it's really awesome.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

At last the sun came out and the wind dropped... ideal Dollfie photography weather.

I live next to the sea, so that's where we went:

spacer.png

For once Towa managed to keep her legs on, but for some reason her wig kept falling off. She's such a diva 😬.

I really love this ToHeart2 outfit. It's easier to photograph than the other white outfits she has. Today her eyes really photographed well. Usually they end up looking underexposed...

spacer.png

Ah, the late afternoon light of an English winter 🤩. This is a natural photo, with no filters or photoshop processing beyond a bit of brightness/contrast.

These beachhuts are kind of Dollfie sized houses...

spacer.png

Towa commented that she was starting to get a little chilly, but thank goodness she was wearing her DDDy bodysuit.

We need to go shopping for some props, but at least our town has a few of its own - like this miniature lighthouse:

spacer.png

We tried a bit of a sci-fi shoot at this location. It's just a bench:

spacer.png

It would be cool to find a photoshoot location with lots of neon and computer displays that could reflect in her face.

Back on the beach and Towa started giggling. I wondered why then she whispered in my ear... she had forgotten to wear her pantsu 🤣.

spacer.png

We quickly made out way back home before a slight breeze could cause the onlookers to blush ☺️.

• Like 3

mahourora

ahhh shes so cute!! a fellow brit hehe~ the toheart outfits are so cute with the pink + red, and suit your towa very much!! she's so lovely, as are all of the photos you took~ the bright sun really helps to illuminate her and her eyes r so pretty, like you said! 💗

Sewb

I love the school girl outfit it suits her very well 

Xiongmao

Thanks for your comments everyone. Yes Towa came prepainted. Her sweet and innocent expression is largely what made me choose her - she's just so adorable.

Anyway, here's a little update on what we've been doing.

So our local Dollfie store had a restock and we chose a few items we really wanted to get our hands on...

spacer.png

Towa was really concerned because the package was damaged on arrival. Fortunately it looked like everything had arrived... but had it?

spacer.png

Soon we had tears because we couldn't find the cute 🐰 handbag we had ordered. Had it fallen out of the package?

I checked the manifest. Towa's still learning to read English, but I explained that the 🐰 handbag was out of stock and we would get our money for it refunded.

Well anyway, by that time she had forgotten all about the handbag and was ripping open the packaging of the Kitty Ear White B😲ndage set. The skirt and net underskirt went on fairly easily, although the shiny skirt was a really tight squeeze over her thicc thighs. Sadly it became obvious when we tried to get the top on that something was amiss 😵!

I looked at the packaging and then realised they'd sent us the set for Miku sized Dollfies, not DDDy sized girls 😫.

Towa burst into tears and was inconsolable. Then her mood lifted when I suggested we could keep the outfit because it would definitely fit another doll... like a Dream Sister!

Wow - she was so happy to hear that and I am sure that she will be getting a sister at some point.

After that she went back to unboxing the new items. She's currently wearing the white glitter socks as seen in the above photo. They are really nice and will go well with a lot of outfits.

She's also overjoyed to have a second pair of hands (and I remembered to buy the hand inserts). Here's her new hands:

spacer.png

The sailor fuku set was something cheap we found on AliExpress. It fits DDDy girls surprisingly well.

We have two more consignments of goods on the way. We went on a megashop at Volks Japan and it took them an absolute age to post it, but it should arrive in a couple of weeks. To pay the customs charge we will have to eat rice and beans for the rest of the year.

We've also ordered some stuff from Doll Delights. Now Towa is bugging me to get some things from Cool Cats as she points out it will be Summer before long and the Cool Cats bikinis are absolutely amazing 👙.

So that was our February (and half of March). I hope everyone else's dolls are having a good year!

Edited by Xiongmao

TomatoCultivator

This is such a lovely photo thread!  Towa is so cute; its so sad she was disappointed with the one outfit but great to hear she may have a sister sometime!  Towa looks super cute with the ears and new hands though.  Looking forward to her new goods coming in!  Thank you for sharing.

• Thanks 1