Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
MadQueenHarmony

55cm Obitsu boy body

MadQueenHarmony

Hey!  I have some questions about what I can do with the 55cm boy body I have.  For starters, he needs replacement parts, and I see Parabox no longer sells anything for this body.  "He" is becoming a "she", and unless she's the flattest of flat-chested girls, I'll need to get some female chest piece for her - but I have no idea what would fit.  Any suggestions? 

The other question is that the hands and forearms are severely stained, like brown almost.  I'm going to try cleaning them, but I'm sure they're going to still be really badly discolored, so I'll probably need to replace both forearms and hands as well.  Again, I have no idea where to find something that would work for this.  

Yesterday's today's tomorrow

hellFlower

I'm just guessing off measurements here, but Parabox lists the 55cm body and the 60cm body as having the same measurements length-wise for the torso, so you could probably buy replacement parts for the 60cm body and use those. The arms for both bodies have the same length as well. Unfortunately it looks like Parabox isn't selling the arm parts anymore, but the torso parts are still available and in stock!

Alternatively, for the torso, Dolly pop! also sells replacement torso parts that are compatible with both the 60cm body and the 55cm body:
http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~dollypop/seihin/dollypop_body_01.html#pop_body01

They also sell a modified frame piece for the 60cm body with the shoulders and neck from the 50cm body. Arms from the DD-f3 (possibly arms from older bodies too, but I've only tried the f3) body will fit into the shoulders of the 50cm Obitsu body if you're desperate for a replacement. If you did that you could use the DD hands as well.
http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~dollypop/seihin/kubi_kata_kadou_kakuchou.html#kubi_kata_kadou_kakuchou

K-2

The 55cm body is essentially just a 60cm body with shorter legs. There are some other sculptural differences in the arm vinyls but most 60cm parts will fit the 55cm.

http://www.madhvinyl.com/adventures/089-099/092.html

The redhead in this story is a 55cm body and she actually has a Dollfie Dream large bust. We stuck with the 55cm legs as they are much more shapely than the 60cm legs.

Edited by K-2

MVSig.jpg

Jezrah

For me the bane of the 55cm body is the arms. They don't pose as well as I'd like, and the harder vinyl tends to discolor over time.

I replaced my 55cm boy's arms with some spare DDII arms that I had around, so I can testify that other generations of DD will work as well. 

If you prefer to try to clean them up, you'll first need to determine if the discoloration is staining or severe yellowing. For staining you can use the normal stain creams, but for yellowing you would need to use something else. There's a thread on it here:

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

MadQueenHarmony

@hellFlower and @K-2, That is faboo!!  Funny thing, after reading what you said about the 55cm and 60cm being the same torso measurement, I remembered that I used to know that. Haha!  I've forgotten SO much in my time away from the hobby.  K-2, your girl is gorgeous! I think I remember seeing her on another forum (or 2) way back in the day. :) hellFlower, I'd never heard of Dolly pop!, but it looks pretty cool!  Thanks for the link :)  Looking around there a bit, it looks like they have a lot of really cool stuff.  I wish I could understand what's being said better (Google translate isn't the best...) but I see myself browsing more later to see if they have hands (I neeeed some "grabby hands"!)

@Jezrah I think it's staining, because they are brown.  I  mean BROWN. lol.  Can you just replace the outer arms/hands with DD?  I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm just really new to vinyl and have no idea what I'm doing like I do with resin... the whole skeleton thing throws me for a loop! Also, thank you for that link, very helpful! 😄

Jezrah
4 hours ago, MadQueenHarmony said:

@Jezrah I think it's staining, because they are brown.  I  mean BROWN. lol.  Can you just replace the outer arms/hands with DD?  I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm just really new to vinyl and have no idea what I'm doing like I do with resin... the whole skeleton thing throws me for a loop! Also, thank you for that link, very helpful! 😄

Hmm, I'm not sure if that would fit, I'd have to try it. But it's hard to find just the outer vinyl for DDs now because beginning with the DDIII style frame the replacement parts have both the vinyl and inner frame together, and there aren't any vinyl shells by themselves available except for the bust and hands.

If it's staining if you want to treat it your best bet will be to use a cream. Volks sells a Dream Rescue cream now, and there's also the Twin Pines RemoveZit or over the counter benzoyl peroxide pimple cream.

MadQueenHarmony

Until I found this forum and read some threads, I had no idea that simple acne cream could be so useful!

Out of curiosity, were I to get, say, THESE and THESE (and, of course, hands) could they just be plugged into the Obitsu frame and work, or would there be mods needed?

Thank you all for answering all my noob questions! ☺️

Jezrah

The DDP is going to be the wrong scale. They are about the same size and width as the Obitsu 50cm line, and can share clothing with MDDs. The 55cm body is taller and wider, and wears SD clothes, though the pants hems usually need to be taken up. 

My kitbashed 55cm boy uses DDII arms, and they can be plugged in the 55cm frame with no alterations. Out of curiosity I tried my DDP arms, and they are just overall too small. The pegs that plug into the shoulders are too small, and the shoulders starting at the arm parts are in the wrong place.

I also tried my DDIII arms, and they can work fine as well, though they feel a little tighter so if I were using them permanently I might send the shoulder pegs a tiny bit so that the 55cm frame doesn't crack. I'm sure the DD-F3 or DDS-F3 arms would probably work as well, though I don't yet have one of those bodies to try it for you. 

Here's a poorly lit photo of my 55cm boy Hiroki standing on the floating shelf in my living room.

Hiroki

MadQueenHarmony

DDII, got it!  Thank you!! 

Also, your boy is ADORABLE and kind of making me regret my decision to change mine into a girl . 😅  But my boy characters all just need a more mature look than the 55cm boy can give, so that's where I'm at.

Jezrah

@MadQueenHarmony Thank you. 🙂 It's a little easier for me to make a doll because for the most part my dolls are not shelling an existing character. Instead I start with the parts that I think I want or might look good and build the doll from there, and then they get a character assigned once I'm happy with them. I did struggle with Hiroki for a few years because he kept being just slightly off to me, but now that I kitbashed him his current body and got his current wig I'm happy with him. He started life as a floating head that borrowed a flat chested female body, and I didn't like him that way at all because he looked too feminine with the more narrow shoulders. 

Also, sorry if my throwing abbreviations didn't make it clear, but you should be able to use any series of DD arms except the old string DDI. This would include the currently available DD-F3 arms like these: 

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=10030

DDII is just what I used because I happened to have a parted out body on hand that had ended up that way due to purchasing it second hand with an undisclosed heavy smoke smell. The arms from that body would be hard to come by now unless you parted out a body like I did.

Edited by Jezrah

MadQueenHarmony

@Jezrah It *would* be so much easier if I could create a doll and put a character in what I have, right? lol.  Unfortunately, I have these characters for a story I've been working on in my head and now they are demanding to be made physical... in a way.  So, thus it is. But back in my RP days, I was able to do like you said - make a doll, then put a character in it and it was great!

Oh, I see what you mean on the arms!  Ok, cool beans! :)