Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

daydreammoment

Chaos Smart Doll Heads on DD body?

daydreammoment

I know there have been similar threads - and I think I read them all but they never really answered the question. I have chaos heads that I am going to do a face up on but since there are rarely, if any, Smart Doll bodies available (and Danny doesn't seem to be selling them separately anymore)  I would like to use a DD body at least temporarily.  I think someone here actually had a SmartDoll/DD hybrid where the Smart Doll head was used, but I can't seem to locate the post now.  I would like to know which DD body would be the best and what modifications would need to be done.  My heads are Cinnamon in color. I am assuming that the "Flesh" color of DD would be the best match.

kalisha

the volks flesh color its only compatible whit the milk skin tone from smart doll, its the reason this skin tone its not more avaliable. the only thing you need its make the neck  hole bigger whit a cutter.

Starwaia

I know someone on here did a hybrid with SMD Infinity on one of the DD bodies and all they had to do was heat up the head to make it soft and force it onto the neck peg. This was before a lot of the drama with Danny Choo and so IDK if the post is still around or if I just can't find it, since for some reason it seems Danny has been against hybrids? At least, that's one of the suggested reasons I've heard for the discontinuation of Milk skin- as kalisha said, that is the only SMD skintone that matches any of Volks' right now AFAIK.

@baldylox, was it by any chance you who owned the Infinity hybrid? And is she still around? I did love the look and if she is yours I would enjoy seeing more of her sometime. I know it was someone with a major presence on this forum, and the first person that popped into my head was you.

• Like 2

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 4 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

baldylox
3 hours ago, Starwaia said:

@baldylox, was it by any chance you who owned the Infinity hybrid? And is she still around? I did love the look and if she is yours I would enjoy seeing more of her sometime. I know it was someone with a major presence on this forum, and the first person that popped into my head was you.

Yep, that was me.  :)  I do indeed still have her, she's too cute to go anywhere!  <3 

Here's some pics of her since you asked and it's still on topic... kinda.  😄

49901649783_b65ce331eb_z.jpgDSC_0101 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

She's an Infinity SmD head on a DDdy body with a modified DD2 medium bust.

49902472927_f143f2fd38_z.jpgDSC_0102 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I originally had her on an all DDdy body and while she looked nice, she didn't seem to like it or feel right with it.

49902472542_a6edb854d9_z.jpgDSC_0103 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

So I modded one of my MANY random M-busts to fit properly and VIOLA!  She was happy and worked out perfectly.  😉 

49902472227_90e923c63f_z.jpgDSC_0104 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I didn't plan her to be this way but it's how she wanted to be.

49902471917_6849804c6b_z.jpgDSC_0105 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

But I *did* plan for her to be on a DD body of some kind from the beginning.  I knew the Milk skin color was a great match for the NS/Flesh color Volks uses and since SmD bodies are super hard to find on their own and I had spare DD bodies, it was an easy choice.  

Also, there were NO modifications made to her head at all to get it to fit onto the DDdy body.  All I did was heat up the hole where the post goes into it to make it pliable and then I slid the head right onto the peg, no problems at all!  So you can do the same with a hair dryer and not worry about not being able to swap an SmD head back onto an SmD body later down the road if you so wish.

I hope this helps out some!

Billy

• Like 8

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

moerunamida
On 1/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, baldylox said:

Yep, that was me.  :)  I do indeed still have her, she's too cute to go anywhere!  <3 

Here's some pics of her since you asked and it's still on topic... kinda.  😄

49901649783_b65ce331eb_z.jpgDSC_0101 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

She's an Infinity SmD head on a DDdy body with a modified DD2 medium bust.

49902472927_f143f2fd38_z.jpgDSC_0102 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I originally had her on an all DDdy body and while she looked nice, she didn't seem to like it or feel right with it.

49902472542_a6edb854d9_z.jpgDSC_0103 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

So I modded one of my MANY random M-busts to fit properly and VIOLA!  She was happy and worked out perfectly.  😉 

49902472227_90e923c63f_z.jpgDSC_0104 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I didn't plan her to be this way but it's how she wanted to be.

49902471917_6849804c6b_z.jpgDSC_0105 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

But I *did* plan for her to be on a DD body of some kind from the beginning.  I knew the Milk skin color was a great match for the NS/Flesh color Volks uses and since SmD bodies are super hard to find on their own and I had spare DD bodies, it was an easy choice.  

Also, there were NO modifications made to her head at all to get it to fit onto the DDdy body.  All I did was heat up the hole where the post goes into it to make it pliable and then I slid the head right onto the peg, no problems at all!  So you can do the same with a hair dryer and not worry about not being able to swap an SmD head back onto an SmD body later down the road if you so wish.

I hope this helps out some!

Billy

That's awesome to know! I'd love to find a milk Chitose head and do this, even more preferable to trade a Sailor Moon head for her. Doubt that will happen but happy to see pictures, thank you!

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

daydreammoment

She does look great.  Unfortunately all my 2 heads are cinnamon colored, so I guess the "skin" colors wouldn't match.  Is it that far off @baldylox ?

Manaphyyy

Cinnamon is a bit more tan/warm than flesh/normal--it isn't the worst match, but it's noticeable. Here's some photos in a couple different lights of my Genesis (cinnamon) and Kizuna Ai (flesh) for comparison.

skin 4.jpg

skin 1.jpg

skin 2.jpg

skin 3.jpg

(I know the head/body situation is the opposite of what you were planning, but it was just easier to plop her had on the SmD body, rather than the other way around. In general, it's probably easier to match a flesh head to a cinnamon body with the right blushing.)

Edited by Manaphyyy
clarification
  • Like 2

baldylox
21 hours ago, daydreammoment said:

She does look great.  Unfortunately all my 2 heads are cinnamon colored, so I guess the "skin" colors wouldn't match.  Is it that far off @baldylox ?

Thank you!  You are correct.  As the photos above show, cinnamon won't match up with Volks NS.  And the newer tan skin from Volks doesn't match up either so unfortunately you're kinda stuck.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

kalisha

Nobody knows for sure except for him but, its a very obious reason for cancel the milk tone skin, he dont like to see hibrid dolls whit volks, and no other tone from danny match volks anymore, the cinnamon its a bit darker but you can blush the head to make it match.

forged_in_mess

I would like to revive the topic. Does anyone have a smart doll cinammon head on DD flesh body? I'm thinking of getting a SmD head but milk ones are so rare, and was wondering how match looks like with blushing. 

ateliervanilla
On 3/22/2022 at 12:59 AM, forged_in_mess said:

I would like to revive the topic. Does anyone have a smart doll cinammon head on DD flesh body? I'm thinking of getting a SmD head but milk ones are so rare, and was wondering how match looks like with blushing. 

Here is my Mirai custom in cinnamon to look like Chitose Classic...on a DDSIII body in flesh.

The difference is still very visible. I think it might be closer to a DD tan, but the tan body is quite rare.

If you still want to push through with the DD flesh body, it could either be blushed or dyed.

hybrid_ddsmd.jpg

• Like 1

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL