Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

4omenaa

What are D'Coord DDs?

4omenaa

I am asking what D'Coord Dollfie Dreams are. I am not exactly getting what they are, and how they can be bought. From Volks' website I understood that they are basically dolls sold at physical stores and their stuff is chosen by the person buying, is this correct? The only locations they seem to be sold at are in Japan, so is it possible for person outside of Japan to buy one? and just.. what are they all about?? sorry if this is a dumb question

finnleo

d'Coord's are basicly Volks store staff preconfigured and face-upped dollfie dreams that have been put together complete with wigs, outfits, etc, they might come in a mis-matched combination of outfits and accessories. If I remember correct they also come with a birth certificate of sorts, and if my memory still serves me correctly, the first owner gets to have their name on the "birth certificate", and this bit is usually cut out on the d'Coords on sale at mandarake, etc.

the other kind is Dream Choise, which is a customer configured doll, where you need to go to a store, spend some time looking through a catalogue and pick and choose what parts you want for your doll, from the seasonal selection (Normal/semi white in the winter -- Normal/Tan in the summertime).

Gallye

D'COORDs can only be bought new in person in Japan, sadly, but they do turn up on Mandarake and Y!J from time to time. I got a D'COORD from a Y!J auction - a DDDy Alna - and she was basically a White Magic Alna dressed in a bunch of random odds and ends that also happened to look decent together. One of the ramune-soda-colored wigs that Towa comes with, the Special Edition Candy ribbon sundress, a pair of white panties, and some plain white silk heels.

I didn't get a certificate with mine, but I guess it might have been removed before she was sold. The seller said the box had only been opened to check that everything was there and not broken, though. So... I have no idea about the certificate.

Anyway, yes. D'COORDs are assembled from leftover bits by Volks staff at their Japan stores and sold to you as is; Dream Choice dolls are assembled from your choices at the stores in Japan (similar to FCS for the resin ones).

Monty

While they did to begin with, Dcoords don’t have random outfits anymore, they have special uniforms that you can only get with DCoords.(They’re like a brown school uniform, or a DD version of the black and white Doll Point Staff uniform). They’re not ‘leftover bits’. There are also some heads which are only available as Dcoords (11, 15, 18) - you cannot buy these heads separately or via the Dream Choice system which makes them a little harder to get as there is no guarantee the one you want (with the makeup you want and in the skin time you want on the body you want) will be there when you (or your proxy) visits. Usually they’re the numbered heads but during special events they have used Volks original characters like Moe, Natsuki and Alna.

They can only be bought new at Doll Point Akihabara and Yokohama (i’m actually not sure about the new Doll point in Osaka...?) where the process is typically just saying ‘that one’ to the staff at the display one you want and they box it up for you. Otherwise they’re sold as one-off lottery dolls at Dolpa events which are typically in person but this year there was a lottery for DCoords open to international users as part of the online Dolpa (because the physical event was cancelled), and VolksUSA was able to do a Dcoord lottery as part of their holiday greeting event last year.

edit: Another thing, unless this has been changed, DCoords aren’t bound by the seasons, meaning tan and semi white dolls are available year round. It’s only Dream Choice that has seasons, but I’ve seen people frequently think that means you can’t buy tan anything in winter. You can actually get tan busts/hands and DCoords any time. 

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2

That_Dollfie_Dude

How can you send a proxy to buy a D'COORD for you if you don't know which ones they will have?  Or do you just say "Get me a DDS D'COORD" and roll the dice?

Kotone
57 minutes ago, Prowess_dollie said:

How can you send a proxy to buy a D'COORD for you if you don't know which ones they will have?  Or do you just say "Get me a DDS D'COORD" and roll the dice?

you would have to ask your proxy to look for a combination if you want something specific. For example "I'm looking for a DDP DDH11 in tan" or "I want any DDH15 or DDH06 in semi white and I'd be interested in either DD or DDdy bodies"

You can also be vague like "I want a tan MDD, whatever they have that you see first is fine"

I've never asked a proxy to get a D'COORD model for me but the more specific your request is, likely the longer you'll have to wait or just be outright refused. I definitely wouldn't ask for specifics such as wigs or eyes because you can purchase Doll Point exclusive wigs or eyes in addition at Doll Point.

• Like 1

OccultBeast
23 minutes ago, darkangelxix said:

I wonder if you can have a proxy to buy you a dream choice. 

Yes, there are many proxy services that will buy Dream Choice dolls for you!  D'Coord is a harder task, as it all depends on what's available, but Dream Choice options should, in theory, always be available for purchase with an appointment via your proxy.

darkangelxix
3 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

Yes, there are many proxy services that will buy Dream Choice dolls for you!  D'Coord is a harder task, as it all depends on what's available, but Dream Choice options should, in theory, always be available for purchase with an appointment via your proxy.

Well then, two questions come to mind. Where can I find a good and trustworthy proxy service and where can I see a catalog of the available options for dream choice so that I choose. 

OccultBeast
11 minutes ago, darkangelxix said:

Well then, two questions come to mind. Where can I find a good and trustworthy proxy service and where can I see a catalog of the available options for dream choice so that I choose. 

You'll have to search around for a proxy (either searching here on the forum or just the internet as a whole).

There used to be a fan-made page for all of the Dream Choice options, but it's currently down.  You can read the official Dream Choice page here: https://www.volks.co.jp/dolpo/dreamchoice/  It's in Japanese, so you'll have to use machine translation to read some of it, and some of it isn't translatable because the text is actually images.  It also doesn't have all of the options listed, as the Dream Choice catalog used in the store isn't available online as far as I know.  A proxy may have access to more information, but I don't know those details myself.

jadepixel

I ended up making a page for Dream Choice options, right now it's just heads/faceups though-

https://www.jadepixeldoll.com/dream-choice-guide/

https://www.instagram.com/sophiebabybear/ is one proxy I've seen who has lots of positive reviews. Her photos of DC options are here:

https://www.instagram.com/sophiebeardreamchoice/ 

• Thanks 3

Monty

If we’re talking about proxies I have heard nothing but good things about Ayumist, especially for SD FCS (although she’s available for Dream Choice too). She’s very professional and with the best rates I’ve seen yet. Just dropping her insta here.

https://instagram.com/ayumistg?igshid=10fj9j6tctl8y

I’m not sure if there was a stickied thread for info like this? There might have been but I forgot.

unfortunately I can no longer recommend JapanDollDirect to people, not just due to their high fees and lack of communication (taking money and ghosting for weeks is frequently reported) but also the fact that they are somewhat shady in that they frequently post things readily available on sites that ship internationally anyway, like dollyterria (even using the same photos!) but will slap a $150 or so fee on for them to press a button for you. I’d steer clear unless I literally had no other option.

• Sad 1

moerunamida
47 minutes ago, Monty said:

unfortunately I can no longer recommend JapanDollDirect to people, not just due to their high fees and lack of communication (taking money and ghosting for weeks is frequently reported) but also the fact that they are somewhat shady in that they frequently post things readily available on sites that ship internationally anyway, like dollyterria (even using the same photos!) but will slap a $150 or so fee on for them to press a button for you. I’d steer clear unless I literally had no other option.

Whoa, first I heard of this but I am glad you said something. Definitely won't ever use them as a proxy now.

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Monty
1 hour ago, Deyja said:

Whoa, first I heard of this but I am glad you said something. Definitely won't ever use them as a proxy now.

After seeing them pulling stuff like that (they did get called out over the dollyterria thing, but kept it up anyway...) and knowing people who have been burned by them, plus just gawking at their ridiculous fees, I just wish i said something sooner because a while ago I rec’d them as a proxy somewhere on here and the guilt was eating at me lol. They got a lot of business due to being the only one available or known for a while now but I see no reason to support them when there are better alternatives.

Mods, sorry if this isn’t the right location to critique a service/business.

• Thanks 2

BeyondTime
18 hours ago, Monty said:

Mods, sorry if this isn’t the right location to critique a service/business.

Your comments seem on-topic for this thread.

If you have first hand experience you could post it in: https://www.dolldreaming.com/forum/21-vendor-links-and-feedback/

Honestly proxies get such large sums of money it makes sense to have a feedback thread for proxy services. 

I had a somewhat negative experience with a proxy. He got me three dolls without issue at store events, but then failed to get Lady Oscar and Sailor Mars at their dolpa. He was expected to send the money back and missed the first deadline, he set another one and missed that. I tried messaging him on Facebook and a bot answered. XD Gave him two more days and filed a PayPal dispute. Got a message from him the next day, and he told me he’d send the money, but I needed to drop the dispute. Needless to say I said no, and got the money back through PayPal. 

Same guy got dolls for other people on the forum, so my impression is he wasn’t a bad guy, he just got over extended with his commitments. I know how bad the scalpers were at that Dolpa, because they posted photos of the stacks of doll boxes they got. I felt bad about using PayPal to get the money back, but at the same time he had two chances and didn’t meet his commitments, and we were talking $2k.

People need to know when proxies flake. 

The happy ending is I got Oscar and Mars in the end, thanks to the wonderful folks at Volks USA.

• Thanks 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Luden333

About how much would it cost me to proxy a d’coord?

Meowjima
2 hours ago, Luden333 said:

About how much would it cost me to proxy a d’coord?

Best bet is to ask a proxy service.  Also, D'coords are pretty much whichever models they have at a doll point at that very moment.  Your best bet might be to ask someone like Sophie Bear to see which D'coord's there are the next time they do a Dream Choice run.  I sadly don't know if Volks would let someone purchase one in adition to their DC, and your best bet would be asking.

Buying second-hand is also an option.  I bought an older one (flesh DDH-11 on a DDIII) frame, off of Japanese Mercari, but they do appear on Manda and YJA from time to time, as well.

image.png.79700be466051e787f5d9d37dbdc19e9.png

Edited by Meowjima