Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
MadQueenHarmony

55cm Obitsu boy to girl

MadQueenHarmony

Hey!

I'm in the process of turning my 55cm Obitsu boy into a 55cm Obitsu girl.  Thanks to someone's (I think it was @K-2, if not, I apologize) suggestion, I ordered a 60cm female bust and torso, which was delivered yesterday! Woot!

My issue now is changing them out.  I got the chest piece off, but I can NOT get the lower torso off.  Reason being, I can't get one of the hip joints to come out.  I had no idea where to begin with removing the legs, but found K-2's tutorial on 60cm legs, so that helped and I got one leg out with no issues.  The other one, though?  I've been struggling with this thing for about 30 minutes and it is IN there!  The rest of the leg (which I was holding for leverage) fell off and won't stay on if I do any pulling, so I'm trying to pull out the hip... nub?  

Nothing has cracked or broken, thank the heavens!  But I'm perplexed.  Any suggestions on what I can do to get this leg off so I can change out the lower torso?

EDIT:  I got it!  Of course, as soon as I post asking, I manage to figure it out (more elbow grease). Now, a new problem has arisen.  I got the legs off, but I can't get the actual torso piece off.  The connector bars for the hips aren't allowing it.  I know, obviously, that this can be done, but I have no clue what I'm doing.

Edited by MadQueenHarmony

Yesterday's today's tomorrow

Testament

Have you tried heating the hip with an hairdryer? "Hard" vinyl become more collaborative at high temperature and you can deform it without issues for slide the hip connector inside.

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

MadQueenHarmony

I hadn't thought of that!  I'll give it a shot as soon as I find my hair dryer. :)

MadQueenHarmony

@Testament It worked!  Between your suggestion of a hair dryer and a little tutorial @Jezrah sent me, I managed to get it done. :)  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Testament
15 hours ago, MadQueenHarmony said:

@Testament It worked!  Between your suggestion of a hair dryer and a little tutorial @Jezrah sent me, I managed to get it done. :)  Thank you!

Very Good!!

• Like 1

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2