The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

baldylox

EVERYONE PLEASE READ! We need marketplace info.

RobotDollOmega
On 1/19/2021 at 12:00 AM, baldylox said:

I am going to be clearing the photos of dolls from the main banner soon and will be asking for new submissions for them!  So expect fresh new faces up there for all to see!  :)

Don't have much to add to the discussion of the marketplace (I may use it in the future), however I have a slightly random question.

I've tried searching for one of the banner photos (attached), however I have not had success.

All I get from it is that Salica was involved in it. She has made a lot of posts, and I didn't see any obvious ones. She made some kimono posts, but those were different.

I really like the dress and the facial expression, wanted to see the whole photoshoot for inspiration XD

Does anyone have the link to the original post, or has it been long lost?

salica_banner_doll_wink.png

RobotDollOmega
14 minutes ago, Chise said:

i get bored easily....

is this the chara you're looking for?

Thanks a bunch! That's the one!

Damn, even better than I expected!

BeyondTime

I like being able to leave feedback without an advert associated, so that change is much appreciated. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I like being able to leave feedback without an advert associated, so that change is much appreciated. 

The forum still requires to you select a thread associated with the sale, however, so it's not entirely removed, though it is a lot nicer now since a thread can't "time out" on you before you leave feedback.  This is only a downside if you happen to buy or commission something from another user that wasn't advertised but you reached out privately for via the forum.  I still have zero actual complaints though with the Marketplace switch, as it seems more active already.

BeyondTime
Just now, OccultBeast said:

he forum still requires to you select a thread associated with the sale, however, so it's not entirely removed

I believe it can be used to post feedback for various subforums in the shopping section, so overall I think this is much better. I was able to go back and post feedback for sales that I completed in the past, but the threads still existed so it worked. It really bugged me that I wasn't able to give feedback to good sellers.

I am not sure about allowing posting feedback for things that don't have a public thread, because that could be used to abuse other users.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I believe it can be used to post feedback for various subforums in the shopping section, so overall I think this is much better. I was able to go back and post feedback for sales that I completed in the past, but the threads still existed so it worked. It really bugged me that I wasn't able to give feedback to good sellers.

I am not sure about allowing posting feedback for things that don't have a public thread, because that could be used to abuse other users.

Yeah, it's definitely a huge improvement!  That's true, though; I totally understand and agree with not necessarily wanting to allow feedback for un-provable transactions, like privately-requested commissions.  Definitely enters some dangerous territory.  As-is, the change is still a win-win improvement over the previous setup.

SakuraSylph

I guess it's old news by now, but I'm glad to see the old style marketplace return here.  Thank you!  The new one had some interesting ideas worth trying out (categorization), but ultimately it failed because not enough people could even FIND it. It wasn't in the list of forums when you looked at the big front page list ("News", etc), so for most people the marketplace may as well not have even existed because it was invisible.  No buyer traffic, plus a limited-time renewal system disincentivized bothering to write an ad, if it couldn't just stay up until it sold, and with less ads posted buyers then who found the place had even less reason to revisit.  I personally bought and sold loads of stuff in the old DD Forums marketplace, but I never got a single sale (or purchase!) out of the new-style MP.  Eventually I gave up.

I am glad to see that's changed now.  People can find the MP! Woohoo!

SakuraSylph

zankitsu
On 1/18/2021 at 10:34 AM, whitewhale said:

I totally forgot there was a Marketplace function. I assume it's home (tab) -> shopping? Might as well rename "shopping" to "marketplace" and put a conspicuous "marketplace" button above the "Recent Topics" element, or somewhere else on the front page.

Also, it may be nice to allow new members to browse "shopping" (but not buy) without being a full member. It would allow new people and potentially some passerby to see what's on offer so to keep it in mind or even before committing to this site.

Yes to this! I am a new member and I cannot access "shopping". I am not sure how long I should be a member to access it? If I have a DoA feedback will that not do? Thanks!

toughstermcg
26 minutes ago, zankitsu said:

Yes to this! I am a new member and I cannot access "shopping". I am not sure how long I should be a member to access it? If I have a DoA feedback will that not do? Thanks!

From the Introduction thread here: 

"You need to be a full Member to post or fully use these features. New Members become a full Member after posting 30 times and being registered for more than 14 days. Once those are met you will be automatically promoted to Member."

Edited by toughstermcg
punctuation
  • Like 1

zankitsu

Thank you @toughstermcg for directing me to the board policy! For the meantime, I will try to learn as much as I could about these dolls from the other forum threads. 😀

mayaiincho
On 3/23/2021 at 8:21 PM, SakuraSylph said:

I guess it's old news by now, but I'm glad to see the old style marketplace return here.  Thank you!  The new one had some interesting ideas worth trying out (categorization), but ultimately it failed because not enough people could even FIND it. It wasn't in the list of forums when you looked at the big front page list ("News", etc), so for most people the marketplace may as well not have even existed because it was invisible.  No buyer traffic, plus a limited-time renewal system disincentivized bothering to write an ad, if it couldn't just stay up until it sold, and with less ads posted buyers then who found the place had even less reason to revisit.  I personally bought and sold loads of stuff in the old DD Forums marketplace, but I never got a single sale (or purchase!) out of the new-style MP.  Eventually I gave up.

I am glad to see that's changed now.  People can find the MP! Woohoo!

Same. The newer mod modern one was nice but I found the old method to be more interactive, fleamarket style :)

• Haha 1

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Xenokitten

I'd love to browse and buy things in the marketplace but I'm more introverted and shy and just lurk around looking at everyone's dolls, so I haven't hit the 30 post requirement yet. I understand the reasons for hiding/limiting the marketplace to prevent scalpers, scammers, bots, and whatever else. But it'd be nice if the post threshold was a little lower. I can't give actual feedback on the marketplace itself as I've not seen it. I'm looking to buy a few Dollfie Dream DCoords and assume buying them second hand is cheaper than new from a Proxy which is what brought me to the site today in hopes of searching the marketplace.

BeyondTime
11 minutes ago, Xenokitten said:

I'd love to browse and buy things in the marketplace but I'm more introverted and shy and just lurk around looking at everyone's dolls, so I haven't hit the 30 post requirement yet. I understand the reasons for hiding/limiting the marketplace to prevent scalpers, scammers, bots, and whatever else. But it'd be nice if the post threshold was a little lower. I can't give actual feedback on the marketplace itself as I've not seen it. I'm looking to buy a few Dollfie Dream DCoords and assume buying them second hand is cheaper than new from a Proxy which is what brought me to the site today in hopes of searching the marketplace.

One of the easiest ways to up your post count is to ask questions, and post photos of your dolls. Those usually give people plenty of opportunities to have conversations. 

Our marketplace threshold is low compared to other doll forums. Pretty sure DOA is 50 for basic marketplace and 100 for full marketplace. 

ChrisFhey
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

One of the easiest ways to up your post count is to ask questions, and post photos of your dolls. Those usually give people plenty of opportunities to have conversations. 

Our marketplace threshold is low compared to other doll forums. Pretty sure DOA is 50 for basic marketplace and 100 for full marketplace. 

40 posts and a 60 day membership. And then you have to fill out a form and have to be manually approved, as I discovered after registering there.
Not to mention you must be manually approved to even join the forum in the first place.

I feel like they're being a bit overly strict over there, but you didn't hear it from me. :3

BeyondTime
38 minutes ago, ChrisFhey said:

40 posts and a 60 day membership. And then you have to fill out a form and have to be manually approved, as I discovered after registering there.
Not to mention you must be manually approved to even join the forum in the first place.

I feel like they're being a bit overly strict over there, but you didn't hear it from me. :3

Ok, it’s been awhile since I hit that mark at DoA. Pretty sure full is automatic and the post count is somewhere around 100. 

Misheru
On 3/6/2021 at 11:08 PM, OccultBeast said:

The forum still requires to you select a thread associated with the sale, however, so it's not entirely removed, though it is a lot nicer now since a thread can't "time out" on you before you leave feedback.  This is only a downside if you happen to buy or commission something from another user that wasn't advertised but you reached out privately for via the forum.  I still have zero actual complaints though with the Marketplace switch, as it seems more active already.

Exactly what are you supposed to put in the “thread” box? I have tried copying and pasting the thread title and I have tried the thread number and neither works.  Please help, I know how important feedback is.

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

OccultBeast
1 minute ago, Misheru said:

Exactly what are you supposed to put in the “thread” box? I have tried copying and pasting the thread title and I have tried the thread number and neither works.  Please help, I know how important feedback is.

If you start typing in the title of the thread, it should pop up and you can click it.  It takes a few seconds to show sometimes, but you don't need to type the whole thing, just the first word or two should be enough to find it.

BeyondTime
7 minutes ago, Misheru said:

5 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

If you start typing in the title of the thread, it should pop up and you can click it.  It takes a few seconds to show sometimes, but you don't need to type the whole thing, just the first word or two should be enough to find it.

I think it only works if the thread you are giving feedback for is in specific sections of the forum. 

• Like 1

OccultBeast
Just now, BeyondTime said:

I think it only works if the thread you are giving feedback for is in specific sections of the forum. 

I thought it might also have to be in the Marketplace sections, but I didn't want to include that and be wrong.  I personally haven't had any problems finding my own threads when leaving feedbacks.

Misheru

Thanks, I will try that. I was doing a full copy/paste and it is in the regular Marketplace.  I appreciate your help. I will try your suggestion.

BeyondTime
7 minutes ago, OccultBeast said:

I thought it might also have to be in the Marketplace sections, but I didn't want to include that and be wrong.  I personally haven't had any problems finding my own threads when leaving feedbacks.

I’m kind of guessing, but if it didn’t work that way you would potentially match hundreds of threads as you typed, and could leave feedback on threads that had nothing to do with sales. 

• Like 1

Misheru

It worked! Thanks so much to you both. This is so much easier than the old way.

Also, I do not know what you all did but a HUGE thanks to whoever made it possible for the forum to work properly on iOS Safari.  I used to be able to read but if I wanted to reply/write, I had to switch to Google Chrome.  It was maddening.  Thanks again for improving the forum (Averis & Baldy and everyone) and making it much more like it used to be, just more diverse.

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

New suggestion: is there a way we can add tags to the "Want To Buy" section to make it easier to sort through? There's over 8,000 posts in there, and even with the regular search function it's kind of a slog.

Basic tags would be by brand of course - "Dollfie Dream" "Smart Doll" "Obitsu" "Angel Philia" etc; but then there could also be ones for "clothes" "fullset" "wig" "eyes", maybe even "head" and "body" as well. 

Not sure how viable this is, but I think it would really help! 

• Like 2