Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Dollico

Dollico - Works In Progress

Dollico

Thought I would make myself a thread to post my customizations  and faceups that I'm working on to keep myself accountable to actually finish them, and hopefully get some advice when I feel like I'm getting stuck with something (*μ_μ)

So what I've currently been working on is my DDH-01 head and its my first head I've worked on so I'm a bit terrified haha! She's getting her eyes opened and her mouth removed so I can give her a cute michevious :3 face. I decided early on to work slowly and to do a little at the time so I can check that I like what I have so far and what I have to improve!

And this is here so far: 

IMG-20210202-085552.jpg

What I have to do is finish sanding the inside of her eyes and remove the last trace of her mouth, but I'm also kinda torn of I should soften her nose a bit more? with removing her mouth it has become very triangular and sharp from the front and it looks very harsh when I want her to be sweet and soft (# ̄ω ̄)

Edited by Dollico

hellomystar

I think softening the nose would help! It's a little bit of a triangle right now, so maybe just on the side edges?

Dollico
1 minute ago, hellomystar said:

I think softening the nose would help! It's a little bit of a triangle right now, so maybe just on the side edges?

Yeah, I commited the deadly sin of working in low light and was so focused on just getting rid of her mouth that I didn't notice until I washed her off how triangular her nose is! Luckily it seems easy enough to fix since I think you are right that just taking in the edges will help harmonizing it all again (o˘◡˘o)

Starwaia

Ooh cool, definitely worth a follow! I want to learn to do stuff like this someday and I'm very interested in your progress!

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

Poofiemus

Asphodel's head had a similar mod when I got her, so I too had to sand down the triangle snoot! I also wound up sanding down those upper eyelids, so it was a smooth surface but still that distinctive 01 shape. I wanted more uninterrupted real estate for lashes, lol

Looking forward to seeing how your girl comes out!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

PipSqueek

I wish you the best of luck on your customizations, I just finished mine. It’s a heck of an adventure.