Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
EarthlingKiara

Hello from Australia!

EarthlingKiara

As the title says, hello everyone! 😊

I have only recently found this forum, and I am so happy to be here. Dollfie Dreams are my absolute favourite dolls, and more specifically the MDDs. They are just so cute!

I have had in the past DD Mirai, DDdy Miko, and Smartdoll Mirai who have all moved on to new homes. I currently have MDD Liliru and am waiting for an order from Volks which has DDP Ribbon, a mochiashi body for Liliru, and a DDH10 to make a custom doll for the body that Liliru is currently using. Also some more clothing, because postage is expensive and you gotta make the most of it, y'know? 😉

I am looking forward to seeing other people's dolls, learning more about vinyl and DDs in general, and hopefully finding some tutorials for customisation. Custom DDs are the best, everyone in the community is so creative! I could scroll the DD hashtags on twitter and instagram for hours, so much cuteness!!

• Like 2

hellFlower

Hello my fellow Australian! Love to see more of us on this little corner of the internet.

Liliru is a super cute sculpt, I bet she'll look real precious on a mochi-ashi body with chubby thighs to match her chubby cheeks! I'm curious about what your plans for the DDH-10 are... Any modding planned, or are you just going to do a faceup? 

Hope you enjoy it here!

• Like 1

EarthlingKiara
14 hours ago, hellFlower said:

I'm curious about what your plans for the DDH-10 are... Any modding planned, or are you just going to do a faceup?

For now I am just going to try a faceup, but I have seen some really cute mods done with the DDH10 so maybe one day I will be brave enough to try. I love the mods where the tongue sticks out, so cute! 🥰

I would love to make a cyclops girl one day, I have seen it done with resin dolls but I don't know if anyone has tried to mod a cyclops using a DD head. 

I fully agree with Liliru, her face is made for those chubby thighs!

And thank you, so far I am loving it! 😊

• Like 1

hellFlower

@EarthlingKiara Oo, nice! The DDH-10 sculpt is cute modded or unmodded, so I'm sure your girl will turn out great.

I feel like I've seen a few cyclops DDs while browsing, I can't remember who they were from though. I know I've seen someone turn a Parabox Obitsu head into a cyclops: 

Modding vinyls is pretty fun. I feel like it's a little more forgiving than resin in a way? Definitely with additive mods, since the epoxy doesn't quite bond with vinyl like it does with resin - it won't come off on it's own, but you can break it off pretty cleanly if you want to. The heads being cheaper also makes things a little easier lol.

• Like 1

EarthlingKiara

@hellFlower Wow, those two are so cute! 😍

Thanks for sharing the link! I will have to do a search and see if I can find others, too.

It looks really fun, I've been non stop searching modding tutorials/videos for the past week. There are a lot of really good Japanese youtube videos, but they're a bit hard to find.

It's interesting to know that the epoxy doesn't completely bond with the vinyl, makes it feel a bit less scary. Cheaper definitely makes it feel easier, vinyl heads seem more readily available too. I haven't been able to find any sort of recommended tools/materials yet, do you have an epoxy clay that you recommend? 😊

hellFlower

@EarthlingKiara I use Milliput Superfine personally. I think a lot of people use Apoxie Sculpt also, but I find it's a bit expensive down here in Australia. Milliput is fine anyways, it sands really well, is very durable, and the pure white colour is great if you want to try to match it to whatever you're putting the Milliput on. It can be a bit finicky to work with at first but it's a good sculpting medium for sure.

As for tools, I use a mix of wooden and metal tools, and sometimes my fingernails for detail work and smoothing. Otherwise I just use my hands. I recommend using a barrier cream if you want to use your hands, you could also use gloves, but I find the Milliput just keeps wanting to stick to 'em.

• Like 1

EarthlingKiara

@hellFlower Thank you so much for the advice! I was able to source Milliput locally with relative ease, so I will give that a go!

Expect to see me posting in the Painting and Customisation section sometime in the near future! 😉

• Like 1