Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Damiensdolls

Hello from an autistic doll owner!

Damiensdolls

I’m Damien, a 19 year old guy (he/him) who has a vinyl anime doll hyperfixation. I have made friends in the anime community before but even there it’s really difficult to find other people who like dolls. I’d love to make some friends who I can vent my excitement about new doll releases to and freely talk to about anything doll related.

Anyways, here’s some other misc. stuff you might wanna know about me!:

I have 10 dolls so far (9 of which are small obitsu/azone/Parabox dolls and the other is a Smart Doll Ruby), I draw a lot (and post it on my Instagram @ tamanaegi), I love dogs, I struggle a lot with my autism and anxiety, I’m a huge fan of the cute slice of life/moe/idol genre of anime (especially Love Live, Idolmaster, and most KyoAni shows!), and I’m gay and really hope I can find a guy around my age who shares my interests soon! Thank you in advance for hopefully being cool with me

• Like 7

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, Damiensdolls said:

I’d love to make some friends who I can vent my excitement about new doll releases to and freely talk to about anything doll related.

Welcome to the forum, and you’ve come to the right place for that. The folks here are are pretty friendly and very enthusiastic about dolls of all kinds.

My iDOLM@STERs.

IM@S Group-532-1.jpg

I’ve added two since his was taken, but they are re-releases of girls I already had.

I’m hoping to make customs of Mika & Rika Jougasaki and Frederica Miyamoto at some point. 

• Like 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Damiensdolls
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Welcome to the forum, and you’ve come to the right place for that. The folks here are are pretty friendly and very enthusiastic about dolls of all kinds.

My iDOLM@STERs.

IM@S Group-532-1.jpg

I’ve added two since his was taken, but they are re-releases of girls I already had.

I’m hoping to make customs of Mika & Rika Jougasaki and Frederica Miyamoto at some point. 

Wow!! Your collection is so cool!! Anastasia and Yayoi are two of my favorite characters, and their doll versions both look super cute!! 💙💙

BeyondTime
20 minutes ago, Damiensdolls said:

Yayoi are two of my favorite characters

Yayoi is a very cute DD. My favorite characters from original im@s are probably Makoto and Chihaya. I love Chihaya’s a capella rendition of nemurihime, and her story arc kind of got to me. 

As far as Cinderella Girls... I like too many characters, but Kaede, Mika, and Fure are the tops. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Damiensdolls
9 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Yayoi is a very cute DD. My favorite characters from original im@s are probably Makoto and Chihaya. I love Chihaya’s a capella rendition of nemurihime, and her story arc kind of got to me. 

As far as Cinderella Girls... I like too many characters, but Kaede, Mika, and Fure are the tops. 

I totally agree, Makoto and Chihaya are really high on my list as well! I actually have several favorites from each branch, so if I listed them all off it’d look like an essay. But my favorite idolmaster franchise is SideM! The character designs and music in it are amazing and so much better quality than a lot of other male idol franchises I’ve seen, and you can really hear the passion in the music. Even though an official SideM doll is extremely unlikely, I’m sure a fanmade one would be adorable! I wonder if someone has already made one before, I can totally see someone having a doll of one of the more cutesy characters like Kanon or something

BeyondTime
5 hours ago, Damiensdolls said:

Even though an official SideM doll is extremely unlikely, I’m sure a fanmade one would be adorable!

I met a guy from Indonesia who had quite a few custom DD based on iM@S characters, but no Side M. I’ve only ever seen the iM@S and iM@S CG anime, so while I know of Side M, I am not at all familiar with the characters. I have a bit more familiarity with Million Live, but I haven’t seen any of the media.

I actually got my first iM@S DD Makoto Kikichi long before I had seen any iM@S media at all. I had no idea what iM@S was, I just thought she was a cute doll so I bought her. By the time I saw the first anime I owned almost all of the iM@S DD Volks had made. 

I’ve kept them all as their original characters too, but around my house Makoto is known Princess Makoto.

Creating a custom Side M character is certainly possible, and I wouldn’t necessarily rule out the possibility that an official one gets made. I think it would be much more likely to come from SmartDoll than Volks though.

Volks does produce a lot of boy dolls on the resin side of their business, but almost all of these are OC.

To the best of my knowledge Volks has only made three licensed boys on the vinyl side, and it’s no longer really clear where they stand on their iM@S license. It’s been two years since they released new characters from any of the series. 

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Welcome. I'm also on the spectrum and love all things Japan related. I haven't visited Japan for 10 years and would love to go again, especially now I've got a Dollfie.

My girl has kept me sane thorough some really dark days.

And I love those iDOLM@STERs above. I almost got Yuriko (bottom left, in blue/yellow) but decided on DDDy Towa instead, mainly because I thought it would be better to get a basic model I could dress up in all kinds of different outfits. Oh and I like the centre idol with green eyes and open mouth (I don't know her name).

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

CocosContestHall

Well, hello fellow autistic doll owner and 2-dimensional idol enthusiast.

No, seriously. I was reading your introduction and I was like "hey, this may be a guy who I could be friends with!". I, too, have a large collection of dolls, most of them idols. Say hello to Uzuki (Idolmaster Cinderella Girls, Smile and Treat Uzuki) and Haruka (Pokemon ORAS, custom Mirai).

uzuki1.jpg

IMG_0646.JPG

• Like 2

FitzofInspiration

It's really neat how many neurodivergent people are in the doll hobby! (I say as a fellow autistic person ^^)

I've encountered tons of neurodivergent peeps in doll spaces, and everyone generally seems really chill and understanding.

• Like 1

Giallo_Gatta

Nice to meet you! As a fellow autistic person, dolls have always been one of my special interests too, and they help me calm down when I get stressed/hurt/angry. I look forward to talking with you more in the future. PS; How do you feel about magical girl anime?

Rajke

Welcome to the forums.

@onion12@

I have seen some art from you on Instagram.

Also an autistic collector. The dolls and especially Dollfie picked my interest when I discovered a photo on MFC. Since then things went wrong some years later and at some day I even have an account here.

I also like other Japan stuff like motorcycles.

Seeya around,

Rajke 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

Xiongmao

Nice to see this thread again. I realise I now have a few of the idolmasters in @BeyondTime's photo above. I still want Haruka (open mouth, green eyes) and nearly acquired her last year. I also have the same Uzuki reboot that @CocosContestHall has in the photo above. Uzuki is absolutely gorgeous.

Dolls are definitely my main special interest right now. They took over from Lego. Before the pandemic I was living out of a suitcase and couldn't really buy anything, but now I guess I've been very focussed on acquiring worldly goods.

On the upside I've become a lot more chilled as the doll family has grown in size.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Damiensdolls
6 hours ago, Imawerecat said:

PS; How do you feel about magical girl anime?

I’ve tried getting into it multiple times but unfortunately it’s just not my thing ^^”

My favorite genre is definitely idol anime, as well as other slice of life/music oriented/drama type stuff! I know there’s some overlap there with the magical girl genre too, but I generally struggle to get invested in magic/fighting/supernatural shows. I think it’s cuz I interpret things so literally so I’m bad with metaphors and can’t relate enough with impossible/magical scenarios. It feels more real to me when the conflicts are situations that everyday people can experience.

4 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Uzuki is absolutely gorgeous.

Idolmaster sculpts are always so good!! I really love Uzuki’s faceup in her initial version actually! Simple faceups are the cutest thing to me for some reason. And I think the simple eyelash shape makes it really versatile too, like she could work really well as a boy imo!

I’d really love if DDB bodies were sold as standard someday, I feel like people would make so many cool hybrids of it with licensed character heads. I’ve seen a Yayoi head on DDB before and it was so adorable!

BeyondTime
41 minutes ago, Damiensdolls said:

My favorite genre is definitely idol anime, as well as other slice of life/music oriented/drama type stuff!

You might like Akebi's Sailor Uniform. I wouldn't necessarily call it idol themed, but it's slice of life that has idols / music / dance as reoccurring elements, and it's got large doses of everyday people types of experiences. 

Damiensdolls
22 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

You might like Akebi's Sailor Uniform. 

Yes I watched it! The character designs are very lovable and the animation is gorgeous! I loved the whole concept of her befriending every classmate, and each background character getting their moment in the spotlight. I love shows like that when side characters are given a lot of effort and attention. That’s one of my favorite aspects of Hibike Euphonium as well!